ibiza gossip 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tell the people who think they can subtly do a quick bump on DC10's packed dancefloor it will be hard to police!

The biggest question for me, will be what will consistute "wearing your mask" ie. will it being strapped below your chin as you see dozens of people "wearing" it suffice? I would hope not, but do these people ever get pulled up by the authorities?
Funny but true. One of the outcomes of the studies/pilots is that masks get binned pretty early on, even if supposed to be worn. And this is in "monitored" situation.

I don't think it can be policed , but if other measures are more strictly enforced like negative tests/covid vaccine passport then the risk should be low if prevalence is low.

Anyhow don't want to make this too much of a covid v2 thread! I feel outdoor June +, and end August for more larger scale outdoor and indoor stuff fingers crossed.🤞

Side note, how are dc10 regulars gonna cope with all that extra space. Might be a bit agoraphobic for them 😬

If they limit the amount of people that can go to he clubs which they probably will it won't be so hard to police masks i bet they really will be strict about wearing masks on the face 😓

Mentioned possibly no dancing...please not again..

If they do have these restrictions I hope later on in the year they will ease them

To be fair early 00s if you took your phone out and recorded a video the security had a way of finding you so maybe not beyond the realms 😂

I remember making an amazing video on my Nokia N95 of Sven in the main room of Amnesia. Given the sound is inaudible I was probably being done a favour

Could some of the clubs temporarily be allowed to use their outdoor space for daytime/evening events? Such as Amnesia and Hi's car parks, Es Paradis with the roof open, Privilege's Globe bit etc. Not ideal but a way for them to keep going for a few weeks maybe.

Could some of the clubs temporarily be allowed to use their outdoor space for daytime/evening events? Such as Amnesia and Hi's car parks, Es Paradis with the roof open, Privilege's Globe bit etc. Not ideal but a way for them to keep going for a few weeks maybe.

this has been on the clubs' minds since last summer.

If they get sick, who cares?

That's right, when you're lying on your stomach like a wet sack being breathed on by a heart-lung machine, you can't complain any more.

But.....pffff, we won't let that stop us from having fun on the dancefloor.

......the island government will make you all wake up yet.... hopefully, I'm only talking about the clubs here !

Last edited:
That's right, when you're lying on your stomach like a wet sack being breathed on by a heart-lung machine, you can't complain any more.

But.....pffff, we won't let that stop us from having fun on the dancefloor.

......the island government will make you all wake up yet.... hopefully, I'm only talking about the clubs here !
I believe @Neo95gt was referring to individuals who consciously opt out of getting vaccinated and that their personal decision may have consequences for them as a result.

here's some reading material for you guys

Thanks @stivi. Looks like they are asking for extremely reasonable accommodations from the government and with the expected precautions to reopen. Hopefully they get everything sorted in the next few weeks

Yeah that article has a lot of great insight. Sounds like opening clubs mid summer is a possibility, but capacity limits are the big tbd.

As for masks, it depends on those capacity limits. If they go the bubble/table model, masks can be somewhat enforced. Still next to impossible when someone has a drink in their hand. If they go regular club setup, even at something like 50%, enforcing mask rules is impossible. Either way, expect clubs to ban pictures inside the club so there is no easily shareable proof of people not wearing masks.

A few worrisome comments in that article too. The part about getting used to masks until there is 100% immunity. That fantasy will fade over time as that will likely never happen.

I think the more the US and Israel show the world that it can be done, the better. Vegas clubs are set to open without restriction on June 1 and I think that’s the closest comparison to Ibiza.

McRackin singing a different tune today I see 😂

Happy Birthday to me ..table for 1 please ..2nd Lockdown Birthday
😩
😂
🧡
🎉
#birthdayboy #ibiza #party
#poolparty

175389961_300770238082004_4167594667360424862_n.jpg

If they can allow outdoor parties past 11 PM- midnight, basically 24/7, then there would be a greater selection of events and a reversal of self damage Ibiza has done to its 'party capital of the world' status over the years. I would expect the loosened rules to continue over the years for Ibiza to recover from lost biz.

The pandemic will turn out to be the greatest thing to happen to Ibiza!

If they can allow outdoor parties past 11 PM- midnight, basically 24/7, then there would be a greater selection of events and a reversal of self damage Ibiza has done to its 'party capital of the world' status over the years. I would expect the loosened rules to continue over the years for Ibiza to recover from lost biz.

keep on dreaming

What gives you any impression that 'Ibiza' wants to reserve the ‘damage’ it has done?

And if that wasn't grotesque enough...

75fe87cf00de586544ae9544c409933f.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back