ibiza gossip 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this new? Before calling people clueless or trolls, maybe you should take a step back and realize not everyone on this forum reads Spanish news every day??

Either way, if this is true and they aren’t even going to consider opening things up until autumn, the Ibiza/Spanish government is completely lost.
If McRackin says it's a troll, it is.

Packed clubs, no masks by mid summer

rob, genuine question...

unless I'm mistaken, in miami the parties still work with 'pods' right now (in space for example). and I definitely know that zamna tulum is having a much smaller capacity than pre-covid. so even that side of the atlantic things aren't exactly 'normal' just yet.

so...why do you think here in spain, where we're still clearly behind the UK and US on the vaccines front, we should have a fully non-restrictions nightlife?

the piece McR posted actually confirms what we'd been hinting at, that it's far more likely that outdoor parties may happen first and that definitely the second part of the summer has a bigger chance to see bigger events.

I know we don't agree on the subject as a whole, but I'd be more than happy with a 1000 cap outdoor event in ibiza right now. it would be a start and various voices within the EU have actually said that the vaccination campaign might speed up even quicker than anticipated. for months we've said people shouldn't have big expectations for the first part of the summer, and if from may to july we can have 1000 cap outdoor events and then bigger stuff from august onwards, then in my opinion that would be great.

rob, genuine question...

unless I'm mistaken, in miami the parties still work with 'pods' right now (in space for example). and I definitely know that zamna tulum is having a much smaller capacity than pre-covid. so even that side of the atlantic things aren't exactly 'normal' just yet.

so...why do you think here in spain, where we're still clearly behind the UK and US on the vaccines front, we should have a fully non-restrictions nightlife?

the piece McR posted actually confirms what we'd been hinting at, that it's far more likely that outdoor parties may happen first and that definitely the second part of the summer has a bigger chance to see bigger events.

I know we don't agree on the subject as a whole, but I'd be more than happy with a 1000 cap outdoor event in ibiza right now. it would be a start and various voices within the EU have actually said that the vaccination campaign might speed up even quicker than anticipated. for months we've said people shouldn't have big expectations for the first part of the summer, and if from may to july we can have 1000 cap outdoor events and then bigger stuff from august onwards, then in my opinion that would be great.
I live in Miami , as of a couple of weeks ago everything is back to normal

rob, genuine question...

The pod concept at space and other large clubs was dropped last week. But that was just the super clubs. All other clubs and bars have been operating with no restrictions for quite some time. And this is not just Miami, half the country is like that at this point. They don’t even check for vaccinations or negative PCR.

If by mid summer everyone on the island is vaccinated, can someone please tell me why clubs can’t be completely open? Not sure what we would be waiting for assuming the local spread remains relatively low like it is now.

States like Florida and Texas didn’t even wait until everyone was vaccinated. Once most of the 65+ folks were vaccinated they removed all restrictions. And guess what, there was absolutely no difference in numbers. The rest of the world governments should really look at some of these real-time examples and educate themselves.

Last edited:
The pod concept at space and other large clubs was dropped last week. But that was just the super clubs. All other clubs and bars have been operating with no restrictions for quite some time. And this is not just Miami, half the country is like that at this point. They don’t even check for vaccinations or negative PCR.

If by mid summer everyone on the island is vaccinated, can someone please tell me why clubs can’t be completely open? Not sure what we would be waiting for assuming the local spread remains relatively low like it is now.

States like Florida and Texas didn’t even wait until everyone was vaccinated. Once most of the 65+ folks were vaccinated they removed all restrictions. And guess what, there was absolutely no difference in numbers. The rest of the world should really look at some of these real-time examples and educate themselves.

yeah I've just seen that a week ago space miami started to announce regular tix as well.

here in ibiza all of the clubs are 'superclubs', with the exception of maybe underground and octan, so go figure. you also definitely need to take into consideration that your country, the UK and israel are most advanced in the vaccine thing right now.

anything else I'm not gonna comment on, because this is the ibiza gossip thread. I just wanted to make a point and say that the government's plan isn't a surprise to me and actually not such bad news.

it's also not confirmed yet and this whole thing will stay dynamic anyway.

forgot to reply to this.

one - ibiza will be a tricky one. LOTS of people here don't want to get vaccinated. they will happily get lots of other stuff into their body, but vaccines, no sir, thank you.

two - apart from the local population, which actually isn't the majority inside the island's clubs, it's the tourists. the entire EU pop vaccination % has to go up a lot in the coming months before the gov't will really completely open up.

but hey, I'll say it again, just to reiterate, if I can dance in benimussa park with 999 others in may or june, I'm a happy chap.

forgot to reply to this.

one - ibiza will be a tricky one. LOTS of people here don't want to get vaccinated. they will happily get lots of other stuff into their body, but vaccines, no sir, thank you.
Just out of curiosity, are these people the loudest voices for staying closed?

but hey, I'll say it again, just to reiterate, if I can dance in benimussa park with 999 others in may or june, I'm a happy chap.
If David guetta is playing, count me in with a fanta limon 😂

Open air things look a lot more promising at min. Any other clubs working on that angle you think as plan b?

Just out of curiosity, are these people the loudest voices for staying closed?

let's just say we've got a lot of enlightened people that still believe it's all a hoax.

Any other clubs working on that angle you think as plan b?

yeah obviously pacha will try to use destino as much as they can *if* they get the go ahead from the gov't and event licenses from the town hall and same goes for amnesia possibly doing stuff in cova santa. ushuaïa possibly too. and obvs ibiza rocks and benimussa park.

seriously, if in the first part of summer we could have a few weekly events for 1000 each in those venues , that really would be a start.

let's just say we've got a lot of enlightened people that still believe it's all a hoax.

yeah obviously pacha will try to use destino as much as they can *if* they get the go ahead from the gov't and event licenses from the town hall and same goes for amnesia possibly doing stuff in cova santa. ushuaïa possibly too. and obvs ibiza rocks and benimussa park.

seriously, if in the first part of summer we could have a few weekly events for 1000 each in those venues , that really would be a start.
That would bei cool. Ibiza as in the 70s.
Festival Club Back in Business ?
Serious : This would be a beginning. Later in the year then more , step by step

forgot to reply to this.

two - apart from the local population, which actually isn't the majority inside the island's clubs, it's the tourists. the entire EU pop vaccination % has to go up a lot in the coming months before the gov't will really completely open up.

When I say mid summer I mean late July/early Aug. Everything I’ve read recently says Spain and EU will be vaccinated by then. UK will be for sure. So that’s why I say clubs should be open mid summer, because everyone who wants to be vaccinated will be.

For the people who don’t want to be vaccinated, I’m not sure why that matters. If they get sick, who cares?

And on top of that, if they are doing test/vaccination checks upon arrival (or to get into clubs?), that’s even added precaution.

Having 1k people outdoors is good and makes a lot of sense. Hope they allow more outside dancing and for it to go later. But I just don’t see why the clubs can’t open by the end of the summer. Maybe it’s the sheer size of them that over complicates things, but it’s going to be silly to see clubs around the world open this summer and not Ibiza.

here's some reading material for you guys

I think my translator got a little confused 😂 (no idea what 8230 is but translator seems fond of it)

So in short they think some kind of opening is possible, but exactly what depends on how vaccination goes and so on. (They young been able to be vaccinated etc)

Also can you clarify what it says on masks as the translation says they are unnecessary but have to get used to them?? I'm not against masks in general, but can't see them working for none seated events.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210425-093621_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20210425-093621_Samsung Internet.jpg
    389.3 KB · Views: 19
  • Screenshot_20210425-093547_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20210425-093547_Samsung Internet.jpg
    422.2 KB · Views: 19
  • Screenshot_20210425-094331_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20210425-094331_Samsung Internet.jpg
    266.9 KB · Views: 19
He does a good job of giving measured responses. Let’s face it, while we all want answers and clarity now, it’s just too early to make clear announcements and we need a little more patience.

here's some reading material for you guys

Yeah he walks the tightrope between pessimism and optimism very well. He has to take a hard line on masks etc but I do think he underestimates how hard it will be to police this.

Regardless I'm still thinking of booking flights for August whilst they are cheap and as long as some of the outdoor clubs and terraces are open I'm happy.

Tell the people who think they can subtly do a quick bump on DC10's packed dancefloor it will be hard to police!

The biggest question for me, will be what will consistute "wearing your mask" ie. will it being strapped below your chin as you see dozens of people "wearing" it suffice? I would hope not, but do these people ever get pulled up by the authorities?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back