ibiza gossip 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
The morning is where the magic happens. Something about the sunlight that gives you a second wind. Usually when the lighter, funkier tunes come out. Can’t beat it.
Yes it is good experience and glad I got to do it 25yrs ago but I have a memory of being on the bus at Ku after Manumission one Tuesday morning and looking at the queue and a bloke on his own wearing what was left of a wedding dress thinking, that poor fckr.. lol

When we were at Pacha last year I said to someone on here by DM that I think I saw @Nobbie Q on the dance floor.. he said no. he went home 2 weeks ago..

maybe not the gossip you're waiting for, but...

the new bypass around ca na negreta on the ibiza - santa eulalia road is almost finished now. I think today is the first day both lanes are open (I just saw it myself).

for anyone using a rental car, you might remember that in past years you often had traffic jams arriving into ibiza town coming down from santa eulalia. the new bypass around ca na negreta, which is two lanes up to the santa gertrudis turnoff, should improve this situation.

more news regarding road improvements: https://www.diariodeibiza.es/pitius...n-anillo-unificara-rotonda-cruce/1186590.html the 'cazadores' junction, halfway between ibiza and santa eulalia, close to bambuddha, should finally get a remake in the next few years. currently it's a small roundabout on one side (which isn't an issue) and a very dangerous turnoff on the other side. on that turnoff (going away from the ibiza - sta eulalia road to join the sant joan road) there are accidents every year and I think it's one of the most dangerous traffic places on the island. the plan is to unify the small roundabout and the turnoff into one big roundabout. no details out just yet as to when works will begin, but they do wanna start with it before the current government period is over (which would be 2023).

sometimes it went until 11. it hardly ever finished before 9am. and those morning hour clips on insta etc were music on's biggest (and free) marketing tool ever

good old days.

i remember when carola got back from an injury in 2013, it was so crowded, that for the first time at entry, amnesia opened the side doors to get people in.

and he played till 10.30-11 AM.

Sound! Loud pulsating SOUND is what I’ve missed the most. I want to feel that smooth Pacha sound all around me and that dirty pulsating DC10 Terrace system that makes you shiver sometimes.

I read this on a Monday
And I can't quite work out if this has made me feel better than I did or worse than I currently do - Ah man

sometimes it went until 11. it hardly ever finished before 9am. and those morning hour clips on insta etc were music on's biggest (and free) marketing tool ever

I also remember seeing these clips of DC10 too - which could also be why it got worldwide hype?

Back on musicon at amnesia though I do remember that there was an obvious change to entry price.... One year it was like 70euro iirc and then the following year it was 45euro?. On top of that literally everyone was on guest list - though once in side it was an amazing night. But maybe it was losing its appeal which could be the reason the brand moved to Pacha to keep it fresh who knows.

It always had a big workers' list from at least 2013 onwards, probably earlier. but most of those still paid something, just a discount rate.
Last few years at Amnesia they lost top dog status to elrow and I personally think with the stricter closing times, it lost a lot of its magic. The move to Pacha really gave it a second wind imo

The move to Pacha really gave it a second wind imo

All those IG clips of pretty girls dancing under the sun at Destino probably just as powerful as the morning scenes of Amnesia gone by. Maybe not from a “coolness stake”, but definitely from a €€€ perspective. We were up there one Thursday last summer (2019) and while the party doesn’t start until 5pm, the money around the pool was being spent from 11am. And they weren’t just sharing a single bottle of water for 2 hours!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back