*** ibiza gossip 2020 ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
here's a bit of info.

solomun's already confirmed for staying at pacha.
and even though there seem to be some people suggesting otherwise, I very much think carola/music on will also stay. just a matter of time until it'll officially get confirmed me thinks.

Personally very interested to see what happens here. It's an event I'm gutted I didn't get the chance to experience this season and has had some superb feedback from others on the forum in attendance. It's a big of an enigma - I know previously Dixon himself wasn't interested in a residency previously so will he want to continue after trying it for a season? I know it's also no secret that it was quieter on some dates so will Pacha give the night the time it needs to nurture and grow? I truly do hope that both artist and venue do continue on for next season as this evening really does seem to have some legs.

actually I hope dixon is going back to his original plan and does an all night long every week. his guests were hit and miss, he can do without, and if there is one thing dixon is famous for it's his journey-like very long sets.

understand why you would like it, but for attendance reasons, he needs guests on the line up. I agree his guests this year weren‘t always a 10/10, but him all night long every week simply wouldn‘t attract a big enough crowd.

He(Dixon) is changing though and not for the best alot of the chin strokers are saying.. I was really surprised with the music he was playing when I went to the his closing at Pacha.
It was brilliant and and every track was perfectly placed not like Solly or TOU who usually play all over the place and drop their rehashed Trance Bangers.. I'll definitely be Back ? could be another 20yrs though..

Last edited:
even though there seem to be some people suggesting otherwise, I very much think carola/music on will also stay. just a matter of time until it'll officially get confirmed me thinks.

At the end of his closing party he was doing chupitos, jumping up and down, doing group hugs and smiling ear to ear. When does he ever do that?! A sure sign the man is happy where he is

Gone quiet, publicly-speaking. Maybe all parties reached a satisfactory conclusion? Either that, or realised conducting their grievances in the public domain was a bit silly.

Dixon has a decent range of tunes but is there any DJ that could sustain weekly 8 hour shifts in the same club and it not start to sound a bit samey? It’s not like he can go too off-piste/experimental during peak time Pacha.

Looking for some Pre Parties ( Pacha for example ) end of April / begin of May, as in 2019. Thats a nice time for a first trip.

not ibiza, but definitely related to ibiza

74643667_3129541143785544_420562888386674688_n.jpg

see what they do next year!

also - we were speaking about this in another thread recently, but it also fits here. personally I think space is gone gone...

The name exists , one can make money with it for a limited time. In 5 years it will be forgotten / non relevant : The next generation of ravers will not know it, or have no mental connection to it. Same as Ku or El Divino.
Maybe Amnesia will renamed one day , who knows …

Last edited:
also - we were speaking about this in another thread recently, but it also fits here. personally I think space is gone gone...

Agreed with your sentiments on the other Space thread - the more time goes on, the more I do think that the legacy that Space left needs to be left alone now. I miss Space as many others on here do and agree that Ibiza hasn't been the same since, but you won't ever be able to recreate what it once was so why make something inferior.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back