*** ibiza gossip 2020 ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
and another move now officially confirmed - saga leaves heart and takes dixon's friday spot at pacha.

Having never attended I do like the idea/sound of the Saga parties and I do think Pacha is a good venue match - I just fear they may struggle to fill it for a full season. Hopefully I'm wrong but I feel like the leap from Heart to Pacha is a fairly sizeable one for a pretty niche event!

another great move that will tempt me to actually go to the party for the first time. never digged this concept of heart. arriving after rich people had their dinner there and stay on for some beats they are usually clueless about. saga at pacha is exciting!

the nationality debate is always going to be a touchy one... I'm personally at a point in my clubbing life where I don't have the patience for dickheads anymore, so I can understand why people are wary of certain nationalities, esp if they have had negative personal experiences in the past.

Based on my own experiences in September 2019, I'd say that

(to take 3 examples)

- Pacha was probably 50% Spanish, 30% other European 10% British and 10% Asian

- Pikes was probably 80% British 20% Spanish whereas Pikes dancefloor was more even. The Spanish were going for it inside whereas the Brits were mostly sat around in the garden (I found this interesting and totally different to previous years)

- Malanga was maybe 60% Spanish 30% British with 10% random people from everywhere (met some cool Brazilians there)

obv all crude approximations which could vary wildly on any given week, but I think a lot of people probably do factor in these things (whether through snobbery, prejudice at one end or common sense at the other..)

another great move that will tempt me to actually go to the party for the first time. never digged this concept of heart. arriving after rich people had their dinner there and stay on for some beats they are usually clueless about. saga at pacha is exciting!
Completely agree, Heart has no soul.

Having never attended I do like the idea/sound of the Saga parties and I do think Pacha is a good venue match - I just fear they may struggle to fill it for a full season. Hopefully I'm wrong but I feel like the leap from Heart to Pacha is a fairly sizeable one for a pretty niche event!
For what I understand, Saga have been jam-packed for the last 2 seasons, so I'm not scared they'll be able to fill the Pacha all season long. It's certainly a party I'll give a try in 2020.

as for octan, they've just announced their 2020 summer opening party for 7th may. so if anyone is still thinking of coming down for an early season break, that weekend you'll have PLENTY of cool parties to choose from. so far confirmed...

thu 7th - octan opening
fri 8th - o beach opening in the day and more things to come at night (TBA)
sat 9th - odyssey opening which is ushuaïa 12 noon to midnight and then hï midnight to 12 noon. PLUS amnesia opening too on the same night
sun 10th - still not had enough after 24hrs odyssey and/or 12hrs amnesia? well then, head to the zoo project. magdalena confirmed and more to come

my favourite parties have always been the ones where it's a wild mix of nationalities, religions, beliefs, sexual preferences...everything. this is what clubbing epitomises to me.

THIS. I honestly couldn't care less where people are from, what they wear, how much money they have, who they have sex with, etc...ESPECIALLY when clubbing.

Hence why places like Berghain are so spaces. Anything goes!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back