*** ibiza gossip 2020 ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course long as it was techno and house, I draw the line if Steve aoki was headlining. But seriously I’ve been going to dc10 for over 15 years and way back when this would have been a standard line up, it really never would have mattered having an obvious name as I wouldn’t have noticed anyway. And to be at dc10 over New Years with I imagine a proper up for it local crowd, this to me could quite possibly be heaven.

defected announcing an ibiza "festival": 4 days, party in 5 "iconic" venues may 14-18th. great pre season thing!

?

This is the exact same period of Groove Odyssey (13th-19th) next year, with 90% of the same target audience. Wifey went to GO last year on a day-pass and had a really good time. Said it was like partying with longtime friends and no one felt like a stranger. She also did the Defected opening the night before and Glitterbox later on in the trip.

It will be interesting to see how this pans out... GO must have been turning some silver nickles the last few years to get Simmon's attention. There were a few artists that featured for both last GO/ Defected last year.

This is the exact same period of Groove Odyssey (13th-19th) next year, with 90% of the same target audience

Do you think? I'd say most of Defected's fanbase are unlikely to be aware of them

Okay, overlap with Glitterbox and classic, sure. But the way this is being marketed is aimed squarely at their youth market

individually they may or may not be decent DJs but this move to cramming as many djs as possible on to line-ups is what is killing DJing as an artform. if X only has 60-90 mins then they feel pressured to constantly bang it - all the subtlety is lost. maybe some of you like that but that's not what it should be about imo...
I’m not disagreeing with your sentiment but a big problem is we are all too often hearing 90 minutes of fillers in a 90 minute set. So no journey and no peaks or ‘moments’ either. It’s just bloody dull. In many clubs the objective of the djs on duty appears to be to put plod each other.

Do you think? I'd say most of Defected's fanbase are unlikely to be aware of them

Okay, overlap with Glitterbox and classic, sure. But the way this is being marketed is aimed squarely at their youth market

You may have a point about the overall Defected fan-base, but the opposite is not true. Nearly all of GO is likely plugged-in to and follows Defected.

Defected may be more youth oriented during the regular summer season, but a 5 day festival in May is likely aiming higher.

Gotcha! I think it could work out quite well for them, depending on how the programming falls. I imagine the "Defected" parties will be given a wide-berth by the GO crowd, while there could be more options of satellite events at places like Mambo, Pikes, (Ushuaïa?)

Like you say, they share talent, so its a high chance they might dovetail nicely (and it also means they might save some money if they're splitting the tab on artist flights and accomm with Defected)

Gotcha! I think it could work out quite well for them, depending on how the programming falls. I imagine the "Defected" parties will be given a wide-berth by the GO crowd, while there could be more options of satellite events at places like Mambo, Pikes, (Ushuaïa?)

Like you say, they share talent, so its a high chance they might dovetail nicely (and it also means they might save some money if they're splitting the tab on artist flights and accomm with Defected)

I think it would be good for the festival goers spoiled for choice, but I doubt the two promoters will be sharing artists expenses. I have not studied them extensively, but I am willing to bet the DJ lists will be mutually exclusive (during the festivals).

We will miss both events by about 10 days, but it would have been cool to see NoW and Joey Negro one day followed by some Glitterbox party with Masters at Work and PurpleDisco Machine.

Too far a trip for a "cheeky weekender" for us. :lol: Maybe plan in advance for 2021!

does that mean that there is no defected residency? would be a pity
According to the booking info for the festival the Defected opening at Eden is on 15th May & Glitterbox at Hi on 17th May, so I'd say they are there for the summer.

Venues seem to be:
Hi
Eden
El Patio
Destino
Mambo
(according to the website).

Tickers for Defected on Friday@Eden are on sale - so the residency seems to be confirmed :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back