*** ibiza gossip 2019 ***

2016 called and wants its closing party back. Hard to imagine a more average line up of established ibiza artists.

I'm kind of with you on this. Ushuaia openings in the past have sometimes been quite surprising in terms of line-ups. This year it is just pretty safe. But they probably don't need to take chances, as come October this is the only party in town.

I'm kind of with you on this. Ushuaia openings in the past have sometimes been quite surprising in terms of line-ups. This year it is just pretty safe. But they probably don't need to take chances, as come October this is the only party in town.

Safe is the word!

Who would go on there for 2019???
These are all established DJ's world wide.... You say these are 2016 like its a bad thing?

Just very middle of the road, looks more like a weak mid June night at DC10, rather than the closing of Ushuaia.

Edit: at least there are no B2B(2B2B2B)'s!

Talking about investing in infrastructure, one of the most shocking things this year was seeing what’s happened to Mambo. It’s gone completely corporate and has the authenticity of M&M world in Leicester Sq. Having not been there for a while, I couldn’t believe they put barriers up and you now have to pay to get near the dj booth. The prices for tables were absurd too, we were told €90 minimum pp. Remembering what it was like 20 years ago, it’s really sad to see. It used to be a nice place to get a drink and have a chat with the dj and get a ticket for their night. Basically, it’s been ruined.

Just very middle of the road, looks more like a weak mid June night at DC10, rather than the closing of Ushuaia.

Edit: at least there are no B2B(2B2B2B)'s!
I wouldn’t call this line up weak. Those Dj’s playing are all big headliners. Playing it safe though yea I agree.

Talking about investing in infrastructure, one of the most shocking things this year was seeing what’s happened to Mambo. It’s gone completely corporate and has the authenticity of M&M world in Leicester Sq. Having not been there for a while, I couldn’t believe they put barriers up and you now have to pay to get near the dj booth. The prices for tables were absurd too, we were told €90 minimum pp. Remembering what it was like 20 years ago, it’s really sad to see. It used to be a nice place to get a drink and have a chat with the dj and get a ticket for their night. Basically, it’s been ruined.

Mambo group are just another bunch of corporate merch and brand-focused fleecers cashing in on fame and flogging it for all it's worth. From the 'trying to stop people drinking their own drinks on public land' debacles to a steady escalation in funds extraction tactics it's all about the husstle. Before we begin on the tentacles spreading out to rope in more and more venues, and the whole wedding thing - which is especially intrusive in Cala Gracionetta.

The lineup from "You've been Mambo'd" : http://www.mamboweddings.com/venues/

Mambo group are just another bunch of corporate merch and brand-focused fleecers cashing in on fame and flogging it for all it's worth. From the 'trying to stop people drinking their own drinks on public land' debacles to a steady escalation in funds extraction tactics it's all about the husstle. Before we begin on the tentacles spreading out to rope in more and more venues, and the whole wedding thing - which is especially intrusive in Cala Gracionetta.

Tend to agree with this, ref Mambo.

Should of mentioned it in my observations, but noticed one night at Cafe Mambo after sunset when the Laura lass was playing her sax, the security had an absolute ring of steel around the place.

Alright boys, calm down. All in black and eye balling and ushering anyone that wasn’t walking past fast enough.

One placed every metre or so, the sort of stance you’d expect from some sort of hi threat security team operating in a shady corrupt African country.

Not a bar and beach full of people on laughing gas and fruity cider ?‍♂️?

EEqWvmMWkAEgov5
No Nick Fanciulli, I'm suprise.

Seriously? You have to pay to get near to the booth?

I take great joy in going to the bar/supermarket next to savannah and buying my bottles to sit on the rocks in front of mambo and smile at the people getting ripped off ?

Last edited:
Alright boys, calm down. All in black and eye balling and ushering anyone that wasn’t walking past fast enough.

One placed every metre or so, the sort of stance you’d expect from some sort of hi threat security team operating in a shady corrupt African country.
I’ve experienced exactly that myself, really put me off going back, not that’ll miss anything from what I’ve seen anyway.

what‘s with the night league and paul kalkbrenner? can‘t think of any more irrelevant former dj superstar. ushuaia are the only ones booking him over and over again for closings or openings :/

what‘s with the night league and paul kalkbrenner? can‘t think of any more irrelevant former dj superstar. ushuaia are the only ones booking him over and over again for closings or openings :/
i wish, it was not him as once i heard his sound :eek: (lot of people seems to like this sound ?), i left the place straight away ushuaia opening year(with Eats everything that was little boring that day, )...
Damn it was opened from midday to past midnight..

Last edited:
Back