*** ibiza gossip 2019 ***

Last summer, Amnesia were the one big club that advocated the idea that sometimes staying closed on one night of the week actually makes better business sense that opening all nights regardless. Exactly what we are seeing at Octan by the way.
Although they kind of stuck to this idea this summer, eventually they opened most Wednesdays during peak summer in some way or another.
5,000 give or take is just a giant capacity in the current climate. Not only are clubbing habits changing, and the demographic of visitors changing, but there's more competition than ever. A few years ago, Destino and Cova Santa would not be on many people's radar. Plus O Beach and Ibiza Rocks have stolen a lot of the youth market that previously would've gone out at night.

We can decry the likes of reggaeton, EDM and perceived clowns like Hilton and Gianluca Vacchi, but the fact is the underground market is only so big and huge venues like this need diversity in their programme to appeal to the widest audience as possible.

Of course, any venue would be reeling in losing a flagship night like Music On in the manner in which it did.

It's a period of transition, for sure. And I think it highlights how quickly things can turn around - a lesson there for us all.

maybe people do remember what happened two or three years ago one early morning?
giphy.gif

I know we are forbidden to talk about 2020 gossip but Amnesia surely has to go for Solomun, Afterlife, Drumcode or Resistance next year.

Sad to see my favourite club on the island only on full operation on one night..

Make amnesia great again!
Would love Drumcode at Amnesia. Enrico Sanguilano in the main room would be great

on amnesia generally...I won't be able to tell any more than this, but maybe people do remember what happened two or three years ago one early morning?

That early morning raid by the cops, helicopters and everything in July 2016? Damn

I think I'd mentioned it previously, dixon's night never went as bad as it was portraited by a certain website a month into his residency. yes it wasn't an instant blockbuster, but it's going alright all things considered. as we can see friday nights are very tricky for everyone this year.

If I was over on the island at the right time to see Dixon this year, I would have gone. I need taking on a journey these days, tech house bangers dont cut it now for me.

Will always love Ibiza, but in a terrible state. Far better places in the world to party, sadly well down the league table of places to go for a decent party.

Well...

I am 30+ years old and have been partying for the last 10 years. Been to so many festivals i dont remember the count, this year will be my 6th Amsterdam Dance Event, lived in London and Berlin for almost a year each and met my wife at a festival (friend of a friend). And my first time in Ibiza was 2011 and been visiting every other year, i was there actually 2 weeks a go.

So i am wondering where is the far better place to party. Chances are, i went there and i can tell you why it is not. If you pick your night well, if you know your taste in music and what to expect, even choose the best month with crowds (looking at you September), i am sorry but there are no place better, in my opinion, than ibiza. Great restaurants, wonderful beaches, a lot to explore, and world class clubs. Have you been to Pacha and noticed the sound system, please tell me how many places in the world has that kind of an acoustic. Amnesia is an animal on its own, Priv has the magic Vista club, Heart is great for small parties, well i don't like Hi but some people do, you have Cova Santa and Ushuaia for open air. And they are all in the same island! Almost every week you have Dixon, Solomun, Bedouin, Tale of Us, Sven, Adam Beyer, Maceo playing there. In the same island!

Yeah Ibiza is not what it used to be, but nothing in the world is. You just got to adjust. Raggeaton music, Ocean Beach, Ibiza Rocks etc. no amount of money can make me have fun at there but pick your night right and you are in for a treat.

I think I'd mentioned it previously, dixon's night never went as bad as it was portraited by a certain website a month into his residency. yes it wasn't an instant blockbuster, but it's going alright all things considered. as we can see friday nights are very tricky for everyone this year.

I would not be suprised if Transmoderna becomes as successful as Solomun +1 in 3-4 years.

I would be suprised if Dixon has residency in Ibiza for 3-4 years. He could get bored.

Quite simply, things have changed.

You've just got to look for the party that suits you.

If you can't find at least one party per night that you would want to go to (with all that choice).........?

So i am wondering where is the far better place to party.

According to the purists, all those festival options in Europe and possibly Croatia. City wise Berlin. Apparently Ibiza is maintream clubbing and all VIP :rolleyes:. Some of the ppl saying this are armchair clubbers who haven't even experienced Ibiza.

But I agree with you, where else between May and early October are you gonna find the plethora of artists consistently week over week?

Well... [snip]

Aye, it's not just about the partying; it's about other things too, for me mainly the food, the weather and the chilling. Also, when it comes to partying, it's good to be somewhere where extras are easy to find and you know you're going to get into the club. Some people may disagree on that last point, but, for me, there's no bigger dampener on a night than queuing up and worrying whether you're going to get in (either by having to pass some strict sobriety test or exam on who's playing, or having precisely the right look)!

well...amnesia and cocoon couldn't get to an agreement as to how the night should look and sound. amnesia wanted to impose some changes which cocoon, true to their philosophy, simply didn't agree to. that's the short version and I'm afraid I won't be able to add more details than that. it needs to be added though - and that is no secret - that already previously to that, the relationship between amnesia and cocoon had deteriorated because of things like music on, HYTE etc. at the same time, pacha had been knocking on cocoon's doors for a while.

what happened last year? well, cocoon at pacha didn't really work, a big part of why it only lasted one season was the fact cocoon didn't bring any VIP in. the love faded quickly and in winter both amnesia and cocoon came to their senses and realised that there's no better place for cocoon to celebrate their 20th season as their original venue.

on amnesia generally...I won't be able to tell any more than this, but maybe people do remember what happened two or three years ago one early morning?
But everyone's got to have a bit of competition. Did they not want amnesia to have any other techno night besides them

He wrote an impassioned post on his socials about how he had a substance abuse problem but that he went through rehab and turned his life around.
Oh interesting, I thought he got clean ages ago, I am sure interview at ims this year when they were talking about drugs he said he had been clean for a few years

Back