*** ibiza gossip 2019 ***

How busy has Dc10 been for paradise this season? Contemplating whether to attend that or Tronic next Wednesday
Not too bad, I went last week and it was very busy in the terrace for Patrick topping (12.30-2am but after his set it was just comfortable busy, by the time Jamie Jones came on we had space to dance which I thought was decent for paradise! Also the atmosphere was great :)

People seem to forget that these DJs can access other genres of dance music even if it not what the usually play! I’m sure EE has plenty of heavy techno tracks in his collection he just never plays because he doesn’t play those events that much, likewise for CDW with the more tech house side of things. Seems to amaze me the amount people think DJs can only ever play one style! I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again if you can’t adapt to play a set based on who’s on the line up and the type of event your playing you really shouldn’t be a dj at all let alone at the level we are talking.

People seem to forget that these DJs can access other genres of dance music even if it not what the usually play! I’m sure EE has plenty of heavy techno tracks in his collection he just never plays because he doesn’t play those events that much, likewise for CDW with the more tech house side of things. Seems to amaze me the amount people think DJs can only ever play one style! I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again if you can’t adapt to play a set based on who’s on the line up and the type of event your playing you really shouldn’t be a dj at all let alone at the level we are talking.

Yet, the superstar DJs still don't adapt to the night and play their usual style most of the times.

In regards to Eats Everything, he indeed played techno at last year's Resistance, but im not sure if he adapted his style or if his style changed

Who decides on these b2bs the promoter or the djs themselves.

I'm not a fan of b2b but if 2 djs are friends and want to do it then fine.

But most of the time it just looks like a promoter who hasn't a clue is just making them up.

Who decides on these b2bs the promoter or the djs themselves.

I'm not a fan of b2b but if 2 djs are friends and want to do it then fine.

But most of the time it just looks like a promoter who hasn't a clue is just making them up.
Also not a big fan, rarely a good fit and most of the time a waste of the DJ you prefer. Like at Resistance opening this year, Beyer B2B with Maceo Plex. A waste of Beyer to me. Still going to be one hell of a night!

If you check Charlotte's past, Raving George times and so on, you'll see she can manage.
It’s an absolutely bizarre b2b considering what she plays out now. Strange pr decision from the promoter too considering her star is currently rising in the techno ascendency. Hope this doesn’t happen when I’m there in a few weeks time.

True. However most these days are genre bound. They are known for the style they play and don’t gravitate much from that because that is what put them on the bandwagon. I’m sure these two can put in a mean house or hip hop or trance set if they wanted to. It’s just a strange combination in the current climate and particularly odd considering the promoter. But I like eclecticism. I got support and pelters in equal measure for enjoying Carl craig’s somewhat eclectic set at dc10 a month ago. Variety can be good if the dj delivers and the punter isn’t bound by genre. It’s something most punters eventually grow out of. But we all have our likes and dislikes and most like familiarity.

Last edited by a moderator:
It’s an absolutely bizarre b2b considering what she plays out now. Strange pr decision from the promoter too considering her star is currently rising in the techno ascendency. Hope this doesn’t happen when I’m there in a few weeks time.
I don't think it is really. EE has been playing much more Techno like stuff for a couple of years now... and also has had a number of B2B with CDW... as recently as Hideout the other week I think

I don't think it is really. EE has been playing much more Techno like stuff for a couple of years now... and also has had a number of B2B with CDW... as recently as Hideout the other week I think
I know it’s not new. I do see a clash of styles where compromise is needed from both leading to no one benefitting. It just seems pointless. But I’m not a fan of b2b.

SHM cancelled another gig and blamed it to production set up.

Noticed that in ultra europe they played but stood like 2-3M from eachother on separate setups. trouble in paradise again? heard rumors of it when they cancelled ultra korea and a vegas gig

any rumors of a cancellation for next weekend @stivi?

SHM cancelled another gig and blamed it to production set up.

Noticed that in ultra europe they played but stood like 2-3M from eachother on separate setups. trouble in paradise again? heard rumors of it when they cancelled ultra korea and a vegas gig

any rumors of a cancellation for next weekend @stivi?
Production issues? Pioneer CDJ’s, mixer and a confetti canon not available in Finland?

Back