*** ibiza gossip 2019 ***

Why are you struggling with this? Centre right, more pro market, expanding the economy, making money etc.
That’s all very true but too simplistic. Right centrists and right wingers are conservative but obviously pro economic growth. However I think the point here is that we were under the impression that previous governments were seeking to change the economy. It wasn’t about being pro or anti party, it was about changing the party clientele to be more focussed on those with greater disposable income, ie middle and upper middle classes. The policies employed in san an over the last decade are very much about economic growth, conservativism, middle and upper classes and a narrower affluent market.

That’s all very true but too simplistic. Right centrists and right wingers are conservative but obviously pro economic growth. However I think the point here is that we were under the impression that previous governments were seeking to change the economy. It wasn’t about being pro or anti party, it was about changing the party clientele to be more focussed on those with greater disposable income, ie middle and upper middle classes. The policies employed in san an over the last decade are very much about economic growth, conservativism, middle and upper classes and a narrower affluent market.

fact is there wasn't and there still isn't a clear stategy/direction for the entire island, no matter which party is at power.

fact is there wasn't and there still isn't a clear stategy/direction for the entire island, no matter which party is at power.
Not sure that can be ever achieved with the islands geographical political structure as it stands. It’s very difficult to move to a whole island approach with from the current devolved and decentralised decision making apparatus.

Its the lack of a plan for San An that concerns me the most. Clamping down on the 'yob' behaviour and putting a few pagoda roofs down the West End doesn't automatically result in upmarket guests flocking.

San An itself doesn't have a great beach and large parts are high rise and not architecturally attractive. There are better places on Ibiza for an upmarket break such as Eulalia, Ibiza Town and Portinatx before San An.

I'm all for nudging things more upmarket, but its got to be a gradual change otherwise you end up with a ghost town like what happened to Falaraki which was notorious in the early 00s but is now dead, I'm sure the residents like the quiteness there now, but they won't be enjoying the lack of jobs and cash.

Really?! That’s fascinating. Political ideologies have new meaning in Ibiza then!

To be fair it’s the same political ideology as anywhere, centre right = pro- business.

Many on here probably just have a different political perspective on issues in an area where they are a tourist rather than a resident.

To be fair it’s the same political ideology as anywhere, centre right = pro- business.

Many on here probably just have a different political perspective on issues in an area where they are a tourist rather than a resident.
I quite agree. However with pro business there is conservativism. Agree about a lack of a rounded plan. I think the same can be said for most of the island.

Does anyone have a vague idea when Amnesia closing might be?
Been obsessing over tale of us since Junction 2 and want to go to ibiza for afterlife closing - but there is bugger all on at the weeked afterwards. Weekend of the 5th of October

Does anyone have a vague idea when Amnesia closing might be?
Been obsessing over tale of us since Junction 2 and want to go to ibiza for afterlife closing - but there is bugger all on at the weeked afterwards. Weekend of the 5th of October

absolutely no guarantee, but since amnesia's promoter programming (currently) ends 30th september with cocoon closing, I would guess amnesia closing might be 5th of october. which is a week earlier than last year, but last year both elrow and music on (when it still was at amnesia) went on until the first fri/sat of october.

absolutely no guarantee, but since amnesia's promoter programming (currently) ends 30th september with cocoon closing, I would guess amnesia closing might be 5th of october. which is a week earlier than last year, but last year both elrow and music on (when it still was at amnesia) went on until the first fri/sat of october.
great - thanks for that! much appreciated!

Soho in London has 100s of sex shops, gay bars, brothels, underground (pick your vice) dens and has been run by a Conservative Party Council for decades. They probably have 70% of the seats.
Fair point mate. Interesting see how ideology can be compromised in pursuit of business rates!

Back