*** ibiza gossip 2019 ***

Floyd

Do you's reckon Solly will play that free gig at the Port again this year? Stivi or anyone else heard?

el_loco

Wow, Ibiza never ceases to surprise: San An will get a new center right government after all. We’ll see whether this means a more relaxed stance on the west end and the clubs in the district (including amnesia and privilege)

L

LuckyBlueSuit

Wow, Ibiza never ceases to surprise: San An will get a new center right government after all. We’ll see whether this means a more relaxed stance on the west end and the clubs in the district (including amnesia and privilege)
From a centre right government? A conservative government? More likely shut down at midnight!

el_loco

That‘s been baffling me at first too. From my country I know the left to be more party friendly. But as nightlife and tourism is number one industry in Ibiza, it‘s the traditionally more economy-friendly conservatives who show more leniency. Every euro earneed more by a club who can open longer means more taxes for the government/people.

AntonioGeordio

Regardless of who gets in the top seat, how long does it take for any changes to filter down to the action?

As in, this new party decides to change a few rules when they get in power. Does it happen overnight or do they have to wait till the following year or something?

I will refrain from comparing it to any British political system I am familiar with, as I imagine the Spanish system is just as crazy and buerocratical.

Here in the UK our great honourable gentleman will spend years debating fox hunting or how to implement a badger cull, but will invade countries like Iraq to start all out war in the space of a few weeks and a few dodgy pieces of intelligence ??