*** ibiza gossip 2019 ***

Then don't go. Just tell me where else in Ibiza you can dance for 10 hours outside...

Precisely my point - I can't fathom why anybody would have anything negative to say about this announcement. It's a one-off, daytime into evening Cocoon party which will no doubt have a great Cocoon crowd with Sven playing outdoor. What's not to like!?

I understand why people don't like the idea of Ushuaïa because of what it has/does represent and the kind of events they throw regularly but for the right event (from a crowd and musical perspective) it's a great outdoor venue!

Precisely my point - I can't fathom why anybody would have anything negative to say about this announcement. It's a one-off, daytime into evening Cocoon party which will no doubt have a great Cocoon crowd with Sven playing outdoor. What's not to like!?

I understand why people don't like the idea of Ushuaïa because of what it has/does represent and the kind of events they throw regularly but for the right event (from a crowd and musical perspective) it's a great outdoor venue!
The toilet situation is a joke at Ushuaia though lol

I like Ushuaia as a venue. It’s a good layout, some chill spots and the sound is decent.

I agree, the only bad thing about Ushuaia is 98% of the programming, lovely outdoor venue and im sure it will work well for a cocoon one off!

What does it mean for Destino/Pacha though, im intrigued for the rest of the cocoon season.................

I know the cocoon following here is die hard and will support the brand till the end, but ushuaia is a sack of shit!! Give me the garden in DC10 any day over that place
Let’s be honest everyone would prefer DC10 but like said above it’s a big outdoor space with a wicked sound system and 10 hours of Cocoon as the soundtrack! Time of year should pull a good crowd so don’t see any issues with this!

Could be a lot worse and could have been inside at Hi atleast this is going to be outdoor sun shining!

after playing there in 2013 Sven said he will never go back....
but he also said, cocoon afters will always be free...

...are they not in general or at the bare minimum if you've not been to the party the night before? I've personally been to a number of Cocoon afters over the past 2/3 years at KM5 at not once have I ever had to pay.

just doing some number-crunching here - trying to work out which COT80s offers best value

Bucks Fizz had what 4 hits, so that would last maybe 25 minutes? However Cheryl left ages ago and they're mostly imposters so where's the joy there?
Sash! (no imposter!) had 3 hits - so that would last maybe 15 minutes, maybe 20 if he could pad them out with some extended euro synthpads
D:Ream had 2 hits, which would come to maybe 10 minutes (15 at a stretch if they can generate some New Labour-esque crowd participation)
Lasgo, I think had one hit - so his/her/their performance would last maybe 3.50 minutes
^see also Ian Van Dahl
Jive Bunny I think offer the best return - they had 5 big hits, probably about 35 minutes worth and the potential for some serious twist action with someone's grandma in the audience

Back