*** ibiza gossip 2019 ***

I feel like someone took a bunch of darts with residences and DJ on them and are just throwing them on a board of clubs randomly to see where they land

Yeah, especially if it is Marco, Dixon and Solomun all at Pacha with a few days of each other......just doesn’t make sense.

Surely Carola makes more from a sold out Amnesia than he does from Pacha, even taking into account the extra money off VIP?

Does it work like that? I’d have thought the venue pays the dj/promoter a fixed fee and they’ve probably simply “outbid” amnesia? That coupled with the fact that both camps (amnesia and team carola) are prone to mood swings etc let’s face it that’s just kindling.

Maybe in the past with amnesia as well they were able to offer cova Santa to top up his earnings but I would guess now they don’t want to run the risk of parties being cancelled and loosing woomoon?

Does it work like that? I’d have thought the venue pays the dj/promoter a fixed fee and they’ve probably simply “outbid” amnesia? That coupled with the fact that both camps (amnesia and team carola) are prone to mood swings etc let’s face it that’s just kindling.
Exactly this.

Yeah, especially if it is Marco, Dixon and Solomun all at Pacha with a few days of each other......just doesn’t make sense.

With people preferring 4/5 day break instead of the full week, they have 3 of the world's leading djs, each with enough reputation to pack a club of pachas size out, regardless of almost any other competition night. I think very few people would do all 3 (Marco being the exception) but two nights at Pacha with Dixon and solomun for a long weekend is a dream come true for a lot of people.

With people preferring 4/5 day break instead of the full week, they have 3 of the world's leading djs, each with enough reputation to pack a club of pachas size out, regardless of almost any other competition night. I think very few people would do all 3 (Marco being the exception) but two nights at Pacha with Dixon and solomun for a long weekend is a dream come true for a lot of people.

Who wants to be in the same club night after night, especially if they are only there for 4/5 days?

Who wants to be in the same club night after night, especially if they are only there for 4/5 days?

no one I guess, but going to the same venue two times during their stay is something lots of ppl do. I can picture lots of folk doing dixon and solomun. or carola and solomun. of course danny w has a point in saying it‘s a risky one for dixon, we‘ll see how much in 'fashion' he still is.

also don‘t forget the fact they had to replace their biggest night of the past decade (FMIF) and a so-so working friday night. given that, and considering that nowadays it is the weekend that counts on the island, I think they‘ve done pretty well. gonna be interesting to see how it all pans out

also don‘t forget the fact they had to replace their biggest night of the past decade (FMIF) and a so-so working friday night. given that, and considering that nowadays it is the weekend that counts on the island, I think they‘ve done pretty well. gonna be interesting to see how it all pans out

The $64,000 dollar question is what do Amnesia do on Friday. Do they create another “Pyramid”? Do they put a Hyte type full on techno onslaught night to keep the black T Shirt crew? As I think you said on the forum last year with regards to Cocoon... many people just kept going out on a Monday. Habits are hard to change. Same for Friday too maybe?

The $64,000 dollar question is what do Amnesia do on Friday. Do they create another “Pyramid”? Do they put a Hyte type full on techno onslaught night to keep the black T Shirt crew? As I think you said on the forum last year with regards to Cocoon... many people just kept going out on a Monday. Habits are hard to change. Same for Friday too maybe?

I can‘t tell you guys just yet but it‘ll be another astonishing and surprising piece in the ibiza 2019 puzzle

If Dixon is indeed Friday's at Pacha w/the Innversions crew and so forth, I'd be shocked that Amnesia puts on any 'tech house' especially with the possibility of Ushuaia bringing back Dystopia, but hey what do i know. With DNS on thursdays and Elrow on Saturdays it simply doesn't make sense but hey a whole lot of 2019 doesn't seem to make sense. For all we know Afterlife could move to Fridays at Amnesia and shake up everything with the way this season is coming together.

Back