*** ibiza gossip 2019 ***

Well...I dunno. I just came back from Berlin after my 2.5 week ibiza trip and from my limited experience the drinks are cheaper but their door policies are f***ed. It's supposed to be an all inclusive scene but it seems very lame. At least Ibiza follows the rave ethos by allowing everyone to come to the parties
Yeah in Germany the door policies always were strickt. The way it was in Amsterdam at Marcanti and Mazzo or later Club Trouw.

Bring some hot girls ;) Always enter without problems ahahhaha ;)

Some ask people in the que, you know the dj's that are playing tonight ? If you dont know the names they bounce you even with a ticket.

[/QUOTE]

f***, that's amazing. Wich clubs do that? Never clubbed in Amsterdam, but clearly on our TDL.

That old argument about money supposedly ruining this culture. It's bullshit because it's never been anything different, really.

Look at Mixmag putting Sasha on its front cover with a halo round him in the early 90s! For nearly 30 years DJs have been revered like they are God's let's not pretend this is a new thing.

We don't help things by packing out the club's year on year either

I also noticed Troxler shouting about climate change on Twitter today...no doubt about to board a jet to fly off to somewhere for a gig.

Hypocrites everywhere.

Some ask people in the que, you know the dj's that are playing tonight ? If you dont know the names they bounce you even with a ticket.

f***, that's amazing. Wich clubs do that? Never clubbed in Amsterdam, but clearly on our TDL.
[/QUOTE]
Tresor and watergate 100% in amsterdam at the school

Well...I dunno. I just came back from Berlin after my 2.5 week ibiza trip and from my limited experience the drinks are cheaper but their door policies are f***ed. It's supposed to be an all inclusive scene but it seems very lame. At least Ibiza follows the rave ethos by allowing everyone to come to the parties

Sorry to hear you had trouble getting in but the door policies is what makes Berlin clubs so special. They filter out the people who simply do not fit in the vibe and atmospbere that they are trying to create. The whole thing goes much deeper than simply dancing to music with your hands in the air. Once you inside it is combination of the venue, music and the crowd which creates this insane surreal feeling where you think you are in a movie...some kind of different dimension.

The key is to not take it personally and simply move onto the next venue, there are so many options that you will get in somewhere eventually. Gotta do your research tho, know what party you are attending, what djs are playing, what type of crowd it brings. For me it makes the clubbing more exciting, it becomes an adventure :)

I get asking people in the crowd what djs are playing etc.
But aside from that what is their criteria? Your appearance?

Sorry to hear you had trouble getting in but the door policies is what makes Berlin clubs so special. They filter out the people who simply do not fit in the vibe and atmospbere that they are trying to create. The whole thing goes much deeper than simply dancing to music with your hands in the air. Once you inside it is combination of the venue, music and the crowd which creates this insane surreal feeling where you think you are in a movie...some kind of different dimension.

The key is to not take it personally and simply move onto the next venue, there are so many options that you will get in somewhere eventually. Gotta do your research tho, know what party you are attending, what djs are playing, what type of crowd it brings. For me it makes the clubbing more exciting, it becomes an adventure :)
I guess you get a bit of a high making it through the door (or not) as a youngster.

I would not be a fan of having my evening disrupted like that today as an adult. Particularly based on some superficial criteria that is not disclosed to the person being rejected.

Mis dos centavos.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

De Marktkantine does is sometimes. De School. Shelter. Radion. Some dont even allow pic or even smartphones. It kills the atmosphere, something 90% of the clubs on Ibiza dont even think about. Money is the only thing they want.

That old argument about money supposedly ruining this culture. It's bullshit because it's never been anything different, really.

Look at Mixmag putting Sasha on its front cover with a halo round him in the early 90s! For nearly 30 years DJs have been revered like they are God's let's not pretend this is a new thing.

We don't help things by packing out the club's year on year either

I also noticed Troxler shouting about climate change on Twitter today...no doubt about to board a jet to fly off to somewhere for a gig.

Hypocrites everywhere.

Oooo come on. Culture will always be there, nithing to do with that. Things die out and move on like Space. Pepe hurt allot of people to close Space but it was the right moment.

Mazzo. Trouw. Marcanti were all great non replaceable clubs in Amsterdam but there gone. The world chances i agree but the greed is different. You wanne say Ibiza improved the last lets say 15 years ?

Spend their money how they want - absolutely. My point was more towards the fact of how much they must be earning, many of the big named dj’s are massively overpaid and these two would fit into that category.

As for showing off on like of Instagram completely disagree and thats exactly why i’ve deleted the app

^ 100% truth

Not surprised ?

It's actually true though. If you think Berlin is difficult, try Beirut etc. where in the really sought after venues if you don't have hot totty on your arm or you're not a local 'person of influence' (interpret that how you will - with hot totty as standard) you're not getting through that door. You need to work on becoming more gaydar-friendly for your next solo trip to Berlin @Nobbie Q ?

Not surprised ?

I'm a door-picker at a fiercely underground Berlin event which is filling up and I suddenly gotta choose between:

A. Two clued-up, emotionally-invested clubbers who I've seen before, have a good rapport with & who get the ethos of the party

OR

B. Some random tourist who nobody else seems to know & who is likely to spend the duration pestering the djs for tracks, selfies or on their phone...

?

I mean the dilemma is killing me here...

But the door can't let every tom, dick & harry in - they have to be ruthless, otherwise the mystique is lost. Of course it will feel unfair but we gotta look at it from their p.o.v

I noticed the crowd at pikes were much, much better this year although whether that was due to a stricter door or just pure luck I don't know ?

I'm a door-picker at a fiercely underground Berlin event which is filling up and I suddenly gotta choose between:

A. Two clued-up, emotionally-invested clubbers who I've seen before, have a good rapport with & who get the ethos of the party

OR

B. Some random tourist who nobody else seems to know & who is likely to spend the duration pestering the djs for tracks, selfies or on their phone...

?

I mean the dilemma is killing me here...
He's back... ?

Spend their money how they want - absolutely. My point was more towards the fact of how much they must be earning, many of the big named dj’s are massively overpaid and these two would fit into that category.

As for showing off on like of Instagram completely disagree and thats exactly why i’ve deleted the app
100% agree with the fact they are over paid, but that's not really their fault is it. If no one wanted to go and see them then they would not be getting paid the fees they do. So it is more a reflection on the industry and the party goers than anything else.

I just don't take anything to seriously on Instagram, no point getting pissed off or wound up about things you can't change. I get most of my info about events through Instagram. Zamna Tulum, Day Zero, Time Warp, Awakenings and Cocoon all post a lot for example but never once thought they post too much, and usually always helpful info about their events. At the end of the day Instagram is only what you make it by who you choose to follow, no one is forcing you to follow people you don't like.

Where you wearing your NFL jersey again??

Is your experience any different to arriving at an after without your name on the list and being turned away? only difference is that you feel your money should buy you the right of entry, why should it?

People are protecting what they value, and if they feel that you or I don't fit, then so be it.

The point is the bouncers dont know people on the que, aside from asking a few questions about the djs, they are making a judgement mostly based on appearance, which is kind of hypocritical of what they are trying to create/protect.

Iv never been to Berlin, if I got turned away from the door I'd be disappointed but I wouldn't take it to personal.

However it does put me off booking a trip to Berlin. I don't want to book a trip then get hit back at the doors

Last edited:
Back