*** ibiza gossip 2019 ***

well said
might be the big picture for this year:
Cocoon Ibiza residency coming to an end this year in proper style after 20 seasons. Thats why so many thinks apart from their bi-weekly Amnesia residency are going to happen (and are still in the making including very late announcements of their lineups). There were rumors of Cocoon coming to an end already at the end of 2017.
Remember Stivi pointing out the 13th September? And telling "wait till their full announcement. Then all of us will understand". Might have something to do with it...

early 30's + mid 30's & late 30's days in ibiza are kinda finishing, the ibiza vibe, atleast for me & my friends, we are used to is no longer found on the island.

space closing was the first big hit, changes in party timings across the island was the second big one, cocoon used to go till 9 and we say it finished early, then music on till 10 at some days, same thing to enter, even for the nights were used to - and still on till date, honestly i can name a few only; cocoon & music on changing venues & moving to pacha which was the last venue i will go to to get high on cocoons music or music on music. it was a good place to go chill & break the partying vibe, but now you are forced to go there to listen to carola playing!

the only consistent thing is circoloco & maybe paradise which am not a fan off.

one more change i do not like & do not understand is the number of DJS playing at each room @ each party. why would you put 4 / 5 DJS for a 6 or 7 hr party?

i understand that this is part of the change, not only in ibiza, but across the music scene all over.

but its very clear in ibiza because we used to come here for 3 to 4 weeks on a yearly basis, and it started decreasing with time.

for sure ill be there for cocoon closing @ amnesia on 30-09 for the good old days.

cocoon can't go without any party even getting close to the fun I always had there. only party I see that could replace it, would be afterlife moving to amnesia.

What are people thoughts on Blue Marlin as a venue? I’ve never been but it looks on the pretentious side, is this the case? I’ve seen Agoria has a residency there from 31st May.

What are people thoughts on Blue Marlin as a venue? I’ve never been but it looks on the pretentious side, is this the case? I’ve seen Agoria has a residency there from 31st May.

Dance floor gets filled very fast. It's surrounded by a rope that has VIP tables on the other side.

It's not pretentious tho. The smaller floor allows for more interaction with others

Luciano confirmed for Saga opening @ heart..Hopefully more dates planned there ?

Attachments

• 7DF9D980-63E4-4F98-9DCA-123548C87649.jpeg
    7DF9D980-63E4-4F98-9DCA-123548C87649.jpeg
    112.6 KB · Views: 40
It's a bit flash with the yacht crowd arriving by boat, but the restaurant is great and the parties can be lots of fun.

do Circo loco release the opening early tho - as week to week its only after the preceding party is done
i can't recall

lots of late announcements but perhaps reflective of the number of events doing limited or high-season only parties
For sure, during the season they do it week to week. However, last year's opening lineup was released on April 30th with the Opening being on May 21st, as you say: lots of late announcements.

Anyway, it will be out this week, sources tell

Say they are waiting to see numbers of people that will be on the island release to dates week before.. Alot of people I know giving it a miss this year.. sure it's the same all over...

Back