*** ibiza gossip 2019 ***

you could argue that the one true Retro residency - stopped being weekly years ago & only now is coming back as a few one offs

maybe a symptom of the Spotify generation where new music is easier to source?

I guess it depends on how you define retro. I'd always take Harvey over Clockwork because a load of weird 70s/80s spacejams feel fresher to my ears than a load of 90s bangers I've heard a zillion times. But then if you're someone of a certain vintage who isn't that nerdy and doesn't really care about id-ing tunes and just wants familiar vibes, maybe some shamelessly retro nights are just the ticket? sometimes it really comes down to context and how well the DJ programmes a set, or even certain elements in a track- I'll always prefer jamie principle over candi staton/the source (yet they're both equally retro). Not too sure where I'm going with this post tbh. Next.

Different issues : Retro Club Nights and realignment of the Ibiza holiday landscape.
Strange Question : Is Sven or Carl Retro too ?

Different issues : Retro Club Nights and realignment of the Ibiza holiday landscape.
Strange Question : Is Sven or Carl Retro too ?

IMO

retro defines the time period of the music
i.e. all 90s house music = retro / / 2019 disco (for example) - not retro

djs like Cox and Sven are just old(er) - still playing largely new music i'd have thought

IMO

retro defines the time period of the music
i.e. all 90s house music = retro / / 2019 disco (for example) - not retro

djs like Cox and Sven are just old(er) - still playing largely new music i'd have thought

Not easy to define , this retro. Only by release date. Ok , 80s or 90 s house will not produced today , that's clear. Other things are not so clear.
Flower Power is retro , Glitterbox maybe not. Its the same as underground or not underground. Don't know exactly what to think about ...

Not easy to define , this retro. Only by release date. Ok , 80s or 90 s house will not produced today , that's clear. Other things are not so clear.
Flower Power is retro , Glitterbox maybe not. Its the same as underground or not underground. Don't know exactly what to think about ...

having not been to Glitterbox i dunno what they play there - but i'm guessing its a mixture of old & new house+disco
so not quite a full on retro night

if something is billed as retro i'd expect nothing recent at all

Been thinking this for several weeks due to them being almost silent on club nights coming up, compared to almost every club in Ibiza - Is Es Paradis closing down???

Been thinking this for several weeks due to them being almost silent on club nights coming up, compared to almost every club in Ibiza - Is Es Paradis closing down???

they have a Clockwork event, a weekly Boom Boom Live event + the smaller rooms opened the other week
it may have a full opening on May 25 as Iban Mendoza is listed as doing that on gigatools

they did update their website to "tease" 2019 season mentioning the Fiesta del Agua

saturdays at pacha still in the air, I saw Morillo visiting the island for no apparent reason and he would fit there

Probably something with visuals...because that tagline is used by a project that has also provided the scenery for four tet.
But 'our dance floor is about to change forever' makes me think it might be projection on or around the floor too?

Was it not earlier mentioned Amnesia is getting a new sound system for this summer? Dolby Atmos???

Back