*** ibiza gossip 2019 ***

On the gossip front, Fatboy Slim had a quick cameo on Pacha Radios Podcast Episode #400 last week. Perhaps someone for the still open Saturday night slot? Would go in the "House-ish" direction Pure Pacha apparently stays in and is recognizable enough to carry a Saturday night (I think?). Perhaps with other Tuesdays on Mars DJs like Martin Solveig.
Tuesdays (where he played last year) is busy with Reggaeton and Calvin Harris...
I hope Pacha will have better than Fatboy Slim for it Saturdays...

What you say is true, except for Prydz. He's the only DJ that could change my travel plans.

I know I'm probably massively contradicting myself (as someone who has wasted 10+ years on here moaning about DJs) but I belatedly reached the conclusion that i'm not gonna stress about lineups anymore. I can understand it's probably different for someone who has nothing in their backyard the rest of the year and HAS to take it all really seriously but my own attitude has changed a lot. If you can get it all elsewhere then you might as well approach IBZ from a different angle - if you coincide with the right parties then that is a bonus, if not, oh well, life goes on. I was getting so worked up about pikes this pikes that in recent years and it all feels a bit silly now.

It is a strange concept really, booking a whole holiday around a dj set, some of the best times I have had in clubs is when they have been unplanned or unexpected people playing, thats when I have discovered new stuff and that usually makes for good memories.

I have in the past booked a week in Ibiza as I thought it looked good party wise, and even around the IMS party with Annie Mac a few years back as a friend wanted to go, we didn't even make it to it as we were so done in from the previous night!

So my rule, is go with the flow, never pre-book party tickets as anything can happen or change, and usually does

Most of their newer albums apart from the green, brown and grey Snivilisation one, they mostly went weird after that
I have seen them live 4 times, and always enjoyed them, but everyone is always waiting for them to do Belfast/Chime/Halycon/Dr Who.. after that, its generally weirdness

Fair enough, you have a deeper knowledge of them than I do! I just find them a bit cold... and boring, bar a couple of tunes. I've seen them live once.

Up the toon!

Sven in 2 weeks too... although not sure if it’ll go ahead or be rescheduled, ticket sales look slow :(

Aye i mentioned this in cocoon thread. Digital posting ‘grab your tickets this will sell out’ but they’re still on second release!

It is a strange concept really, booking a whole holiday around a dj set, some of the best times I have had in clubs is when they have been unplanned or unexpected people playing, thats when I have discovered new stuff and that usually makes for good memories.

I have in the past booked a week in Ibiza as I thought it looked good party wise, and even around the IMS party with Annie Mac a few years back as a friend wanted to go, we didn't even make it to it as we were so done in from the previous night!

So my rule, is go with the flow, never pre-book party tickets as anything can happen or change, and usually does

Yeah its nice to discover other artists you wouldn't normally if you just randomly go without looking at lineups, but I want Ibiza to have total domination with both new, trendy, and existing old hat artists. These festival options annoy me to no end and I want Ibiza to not only kill the dance scene, but every other genre of music too.

This is the "party capital of the world" and should have everyone playing. You guys understand that in my own Toronto rave boards, barely anyone talks about Ibiza? That's pathetic!! I can't stand these stupid festival options taking over where every DJ is disposable!

Back