*** ibiza gossip 2019 ***

Kolsch has been terrific whenever I’ve seen him. A proper progressive dj with peaks and troughs and plays across genres. Different class to an arrogant pillock like Voorn who is far too interested in setting up his equipment during the previous dis set than he is using it to play anything remotely interesting.

Kolsch was bleh with repetitive tech house for Ants in 2015 and I had written off seeing him. But then he was amazing at Hï when he opened up for Prydz in 2017. You're right, it was proper prog but a bit more big sounding. It sounded so right for Ibiza. Happy seeing him booked for El Row and hope he gets more dates but I don't expect many more as Ants has him as well on Sats. Don't know where else he could pop up. (Circo Loco? Claptone night? )

I like Voorn too and don't think he's arrogant. He actually talked to me through FB messanger which was nice but I get what you mean with the equipment as maybe hes not using it to its full potential to do something crazy.

Is he doing stuff with Sasha now?

They just have that one song together but I don't know about anything else. It seems as if the privilege opening together last year sparked this, as i don't know if they performed on the same lineup before.

Also...any news on Dystopia? I feel like it's my baby since I discovered it early!

Kolsch has been terrific whenever I’ve seen him. A proper progressive dj with peaks and troughs and plays across genres. Different class to an arrogant pillock like Voorn who is far too interested in setting up his equipment during the previous dis set than he is using it to play anything remotely interesting.

Whoa. You think Joris is arrogant? I totally did not get that impression at all. One of the most humble guys i have ever met in the business. Granted it was a brief meeting. But very down to earth, affable and nice guy. Even brought his young kid to his gig

As @soha says, Judgment is a one-off. So could pull it off. Not sure how much of their target audience will be on the island at that time though?

Kolsch has really upped his game in the last two years and having open to close the main room is really nice.

Afterlife lineup is stacked but it's more of the same names we're used to be now. But the price is right for it.

where / when did u see rodhad - detmann- benny in the same room ?

i prefer kolsch more than voorn, but voorn fan base is much more than kolsch.

Whoa. You think Joris is arrogant? I totally did not get that impression at all. One of the most humble guys i have ever met in the business. Granted it was a brief meeting. But very down to earth, affable and nice guy. Even brought his young kid to his gig
I do. He has a bad rep for it. Turns up at the decks an hour before his set, spends the next hour setting up his kit and getting in the way of the dj and stealing his or her limelight before proceeding to use it all to plod his way through the next two hours. He’s well known for it and he’s has more than a few clashes with other djs at the decks and on social media. No issue with him being diligent but there is a time and a place. Please to read he was more humble with you.

Last edited by a moderator:
i prefer kolsch more than voorn, but voorn fan base is much more than kolsch.

This is true. All down to personal preference. But then I could point at a number of other ploddy, ponderous djs with a much bigger following than him. There is no accounting for taste!

he’s has more than a few clashes with other djs at the decks and on social media. No issue with him being diligent but there is a time and a place.
I recall the beef with Sneak at Pacha. This was at the height of Sneak's anger management issues though, and I think Joris handled the situation well. What were the others?

I saw Jules post something about having 2 Judgement Nights at Eden during the Summer then the one in October. I had a few great Nights at JS back in 03/04

Good to see a Trance Night at Amnesia. Not sure how much Trance Emery and SVD play these days tho. Maybe they will play their old styles. Not sure on Laserface as a name

I saw Jules post something about having 2 Judgement Nights at Eden during the Summer then the one in October. I had a few great Nights at JS back in 03/04

Good to see a Trance Night at Amnesia. Not sure how much Trance Emery and SVD play these days tho. Maybe they will play their old styles. Not sure on Laserface as a name

the other two nights are part of Pukka Ups "WNDRLND" nights at Eden

I recall the beef with Sneak at Pacha. This was at the height of Sneak's anger management issues though, and I think Joris handled the situation well. What were the others?
Been a few others trailed on his twitter feed. Have a look at that sneak feed! Also, I and other punters have seen various kick offs with other djs live. I’m not a fan of his output but that is subjective. I find him to be inconsiderate in his approach but that is subjective too.

I think you highlighted what I consider to be a general problem. There are so many djs that play within themselves and frankly go through the motions when playing a short set in a club where they are one of a number of established djs on the bill whereas they deliver a more thoughtful, bespoke and melodic set when they are the sole headliner or are playing for longer.

Anyway, @stivi will be along soon to bollock me for going ot.

Any news on Saturday nights at Pacha? I think I read here that Bob Sinclar will not be there this season, thank goodness. Will it still be Pure Pacha?

Did I see somewhere that Pyramid will be a different weekly takeover? The Monday I'm there is a Pyramid week so just wondering what to expect?

Any news on Saturday nights at Pacha? I think I read here that Bob Sinclar will not be there this season, thank goodness. Will it still be Pure Pacha?

saturdays will still be pure pacha as far as I‘m aware, with other headline artists though.

bob sinclar is still gonna be around somewhere I believe ;)

Back