*** ibiza gossip 2018 ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Know we're not meant to dip into the 2019 gossip just yet, but...rumours on twitter that 2 British promoters arent returning next year.

Would not be surprised to see Cream call it a day, went to their night at Hi and it was like a very bad counterfit version of a Cream night. Defected are highlighted on the tweet as a sucess so second one isn't then. Hmmm...

Dunmore's tweet is a bit silly, since even if a promoter knew they weren't being invited back to their current venue, it wouldn't stop them touting for a new home elsewhere. Always a merry-go-round.

Edit: the exception to this would be Cream, who don't actually run the night. Maybe Hi figure paying the license to use the brand name was a futile endeavour? Certainly, did much change between this year's incarnation of Cream and 2017's in-house Sunday session? Not convinced it did.

Dunmore's tweet is a bit silly, since even if a promoter knew they weren't being invited back to their current venue, it wouldn't stop them touting for a new home elsewhere. Always a merry-go-round.

While I don’t know the guy, Dunmore does seem to be a bit cocky at the moment. I get he’s over the moon as since 2013 when Pacha dumped Defected, only this year have they really got it to work, however just seems a lot of cockiness. Only a few weeks back he was trolling Pacha about House DJs at Flower Power.

Last edited:
Maybe I'm wrong, but don't tell me he wouldn't jump at the opportunity to take Defected to San Rafael or the east side.

Only a few weeks back he was trolling Pacha about House DJs at Flower Power
tenor.gif

Edit: the exception to this would be Cream, who don't actually run the night. Maybe Hi figure paying the license to use the brand name was a futile endeavour? Certainly, did much change between this year's incarnation of Cream and 2017's in-house Sunday session? Not convinced it did.

Was busy when I went, only issue was it completely soulless, not like any Cream night ive been to in London, Liverpool or Amnesia. Suppose only Hi will know the licence cost versus the increase in ticket sales.

for once I am not sure I agree with you mate.
Actually, that was a flippant comment I admit. If he knows where his bread is buttered - and I'm pretty sure he does - he'd indeed be a fool to move from Eden, and some kudos must be given for taking that route (though, you could argue his hand was forced).
Would have been more accurate to say, it'd do wonders for his ego to get an offer from elsewhere, even if he ultimately declined it. Anyone would be the same though, I guess.
I agree with @mr_why . I have no real reason to dislike Dunmore and he's every right to sing his own praises, but he is coming across as a bit of a gloat recently.

MR Why and white island couldn't be much more wrong, Defected were not dumped by Pacha they just chose not to except Pachas offer, that year Pacha lost Defected, Morillo, Vagabundos and Tong because of bad decisions by Pacha and Pacha lost a fortune the following years and to be honest i don't think ever fully recovered, o infact they sold it, says a lot no. Also Defected would be crazy to leave San Antonio now they own it, Im sure Simon is super happy with Defected in Eden and Glitterbox in Hi. how many other promoters are doing that.

MR Why and white island couldn't be much more wrong, Defected were not dumped by Pacha they just chose not to except Pachas offer

That may well be the case, but they spent a year in Together's shadow before LNL realised they could do it themselves and take more of the door %, and then they took a year of leave. (again, that might have been a genuinely astute tactical move, I don't know.) But are there honestly offers on the table from elsewhere in 2018/19? Not suggesting there isn't, but I'd be interested to know.

welcome back danny.

I think part of why simon is so happy with his choices right now (glitterbox for the classic loving oldies with a bit of budget at hï and defected for the youngsters without a big budget at eden) is what he said in a tweet himself: ibiza needs to get affordable again. and for defected, right now there simply couldn't be a better place than eden, in san antonio.

MR Why and white island couldn't be much more wrong, Defected were not dumped by Pacha they just chose not to except Pachas offer, that year Pacha lost Defected, Morillo, Vagabundos and Tong because of bad decisions by Pacha and Pacha lost a fortune the following years and to be honest i don't think ever fully recovered, o infact they sold it, says a lot no. Also Defected would be crazy to leave San Antonio now they own it, Im sure Simon is super happy with Defected in Eden and Glitterbox in Hi. how many other promoters are doing that.

Some brilliant points Mr Whittle.....I stand corrected on the 2013 Defected leaving Pacha thing.

BTW, you should post here more often! Always love your insight.

I agree on your Defected San An point, and I genuinely think what they are doing there is great. And as I’ve said many times I think the fact that Pacha don’t have a night like Glitterbox is bat-shit crazy.

welcome back danny.

I think part of why simon is so happy with his choices right now (glitterbox for the classic loving oldies with a bit of budget at hï and defected for the youngsters without a big budget at eden) is what he said in a tweet himself: ibiza needs to get affordable again. and for defected, right now there simply couldn't be a better place than eden, in san antonio.
totally correct Stivi, To be honest Pacha should never have lost Defected, they were the perfect Saturday night, didn't rely on massive dis and constantly evolving their sound and audience, they feel out events now without posting line ups.
and White Isle I'm sure other clubs would love Defected but San An is perfect for them to hit the younger market. Maybe Cream should have taken over Es Paradis and owned that. (on a different night to defected of course) although i don't know the deals so not really qualified to say that. and yes the year of was i know a tactical move

Lets be honest as well, Defected is a different kettle of fish to what it was 'back then'. Not sure it would even fit Pacha now for me, let alone anywhere else. And I say that as a big Defected + Soulfuric fan

And I don't mean that as a back handed compliment but they've reinvented themselves and fair play to them they've gotta be the only brand to really make a success of Eden for a good few years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back