*** ibiza gossip 2018 ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, going by what I read on FB he’s been properly screwed.
I know people who have been to this event a few times, Bob is well respected on the soul scene.
Hopefully it continues in Tisno as he is suggesting in his statement on FB.
He mentions Alex Lowes (Suncebeat/Southport Weekender) who has a good relationship with the team at the Garden is helping him. Hopefully they make this work.

Poor old Bob Masters. Doesn’t sound too happy on FB...

He was dealing with snakes. Hopef Cro will treat his event with more respect.

I gather it will be. Tisno is really up and coming for a festival setting. The location is stunning and there are a good amount of places to stay for very cheap. Also with Barbarella's right around the way for club events, it makes a good pairing. I happened upon Love International 2 years ago just because I was in Croatia with the wife and friends at the time it was on and it was really good. I wouldn't go back specifically for that festival but I'd go back to Tisno in a heartbeat, really great experience.

Indeed... I hoped to go back to Woomoon during my stay in September after having a great night there last year...

Maybe it is some kind of deal to keep Cova Santa open without any noise problems for local neighborhood?
More difficult to justify in September when most of the people are back at work and children at school...

But that's only a supposition :)

Burning man might be some competition for them, at least for the artist who play at Woomoon

+1 for Tisno, I had a really good time at Suncebeat, I randomly found myself driving Kerri chandler to Barbarella. I was so nervous I took the wrong way out from the parking. This would never happen in Ibiza, Croatia festivals are smaller and people socialize more easily. Soulful house gather a more older and friendly crowd.

Ryan O Gorman played very well at Sankeys yesterday. The best set of the evening for me. He is a good selector, keeping things funky and interesting. Seemed like the crowd felt it, very few phones and everybody dancing. Only the Lab was open, half full or less.

Ryan O Gorman played very well at Sankeys yesterday. The best set of the evening for me. He is a good selector, keeping things funky and interesting. Seemed like the crowd felt it, very few phones and everybody dancing. Only the Lab was open, half full or less.

Will there be a Sankeys next year? :( This is the first year I probably won't pay the place a visit - a shame, as I've had some great nights there in the past and I think it has a lot of potential.

Will there be a Sankeys next year? :( This is the first year I probably won't pay the place a visit - a shame, as I've had some great nights there in the past and I think it has a lot of potential.

I think there will be yeah. but we shall see

After a summer where bigger spaces and lower visitors have left some dance floors empty, Sankeys might prove an attractive option to promoters next year.
Plus it's another 8-months for the animosity and mistrust from the previous Sankeys regime to die down.

Last edited:
After a summer where bigger spaces and lower visitors have left some dance floors empty, Sankeys might prove an attractive option to promoters next year.
Plus it's another 8-months for the animosity and mistrust from the previous Sankeys regime to die down.

The Bars and Restaurants in the streets around it will be praying all Winter that this is the case, never seen it so dead around there.

Hopefully they can attract even just 1 night a week that gets the spark back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back