*** ibiza gossip 2018 ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Went to Dystopia yesterday. It was actually decent. I like how they had a lot of little shops, makeup stands, and the production seemed kinda cool in a different way. Some areas it seemed like they were trying a little too hard. Wasn’t super packed which was nice, but it was still busy. Patrice Baumel played a nice set and Luciano’s was ok. Luciano is a little less loopy these days but he really didn’t do anything too special....liked Patrice better.

Went to Dystopia yesterday. It was actually decent. I like how they had a lot of little shops, makeup stands, and the production seemed kinda cool in a different way. Some areas it seemed like they were trying a little too hard. Wasn’t super packed which was nice, but it was still busy. Patrice Baumel played a nice set and Luciano’s was ok. Luciano is a little less loopy these days but he really didn’t do anything too special....liked Patrice better.

How were the food options and prices?

So we're due to go on Noah's Arc but it got cancelled because of a lack on punters. Well, I didn't know that was even a possibility!

Cracked on to Zoo and it was mint as always. My mates had never been and absolutely loved it. They're now both tucked up in bed but I'm still wired unable to sleep.

Omar S at Ibiza Rocks later then all roads to Circo...Ellen Allien :twisted:

Just got back from DC10 at this time. What the actual f***. I just can't deal with the complete over population anymore.

Did the full Allien set then did one. I love that woman but after 4 years in a row I can't do Circo anymore because of their complete disregard for clubber safety.

Just got back from DC10 at this time. What the actual f***. I just can't deal with the complete over population anymore.

Did the full Allien set then did one. I love that woman but after 4 years in a row I can't do Circo anymore because of their complete disregard for clubber safety.

What did you expect with weaker than usual Monday Amnesia lineups...

I didn't mean to say it like that, chill. DC-10 hasn't been that bad in recent years with regards to crowd as per the reports here, but with Amnesia not pulling out the big Cocoon guns like the yesteryears, you can't be that surprised especially with how DC-10 has been historically.

Pyramid is gonna get better soon and Circo will calm down I hope for both their sakes

Wind your neck in.

I expect them to run the club properly not like a cattle market. It's the same every time I go. Opening, closing, mid season.

I never learn my lesson but I am putting a stop to it now.

Ah really? Did you go for the garden? I'm hoping to go on Monday, the plan is to enjoy the garden and then head off elsewhere when it closes, but I'd like to stay on if possible. Sounds unlikely though. Hope the garden wasn't too bad at least? I know my limitations when it comes to overcrowding, there's no point me going at all if it's too rammed.

Ah really? Did you go for the garden? I'm hoping to go on Monday, the plan is to enjoy the garden and then head off elsewhere when it closes, but I'd like to stay on if possible. Sounds unlikely though. Hope the garden wasn't too bad at least? I know my limitations when it comes to overcrowding, there's no point me going at all if it's too rammed.
Get in the terrace before the garden closes and go in the gap directly next to dj booth and bar or at the back of terrace theres a big speaker near the doors which you can tuck in next to. I found both those spots to be fine. Main room stay round the edges on the far right when its rammed.

Its took me long enough to workout but the key to an enjoyable night when a place is busy is to always get to places where people dont use as a walk through. Being packed doesnt bother me but getting rpeatedly barged past or having to move constantly wears you down and before you know it youre back at the entrance doors :spank:

what time did you get there and what time did you leave? curious as this year dc10 just hasn't been as bad in terms of overcrowding so far. then again everyone is different in regards to that, fully appreciate this.

Get in the terrace before the garden closes and go in the gap directly next to dj booth and bar or at the back of terrace theres a big speaker near the doors which you can tuck in next to. I found both those spots to be fine. Main room stay round the edges on the far right when its rammed.

Its took me long enough to workout but the key to an enjoyable night when a place is busy is to always get to places where people dont use as a walk through. Being packed doesnt bother me but getting rpeatedly barged past or having to move constantly wears you down and before you know it youre back at the entrance doors :spank:

You're a gem! Thank you!

Ok so full report from yesterdays events...

Got in Ibiza Rocks at 5.30 and Omar was already on. We only got to see the last 45 mins of his set but it was great. Full on vocal US house which is right up my street. His transitions were so smooth as well. Sadly very people seemed to know who he was which was my preconception before I went. This was evidenced by the reaction for the next person to play...

Up next was MK. What a complete dirge. This guy is more like a rock star than a DJ and for what and why has he been given this status? He interacts with the crowd a lot but bizzarely he rarely put his headphones on (surely he doesn't pre-record!). The crowd absolutely loved him but what he plays is house music for the lowest common denominator with very little thought into the production. You know the type they play on Radio 1. However, that's what people like and the party was going off everywhere so good luck to them. We stayed for an hour then left.

On to DC10. Stayed in the garden for the first two hours to see Mike Servito. Excellent and properly grooving. Loves a bit of acid doesn't he?

This was followed by Honey Soundsystem. What a find they are. Played lots of what I would call "space age disco". Go and see these guys.

Caught the first 30 mins of Kim Ann Foxman on the terrace. If it wasn't for Ellen I'd have stayed there for the full set. Not sure how long she has been playing but she is a real star.

Now onto Ellen in the main room. I don't care what anyone says she is as good as anyone else in the industry. She's never played a bad set when I've seen here. More passion behind the decks than anyone I can think of. Proper power and an unreal record collection.

Finally caught a bit of Lena Willikens but it was too slow for this time of night. We nipped into the terrace and Job Jobse was banging but as mentioned it became unbearable crowd wise so we did one.

I only missed Seth and Nina so not the end of the World.

Ok so full report from yesterdays events...

Got in Ibiza Rocks at 5.30 and Omar was already on. We only got to see the last 45 mins of his set but it was great. Full on vocal US house which is right up my street. His transitions were so smooth as well. Sadly very people seemed to know who he was which was my preconception before I went. This was evidenced by the reaction for the next person to play...

Up next was MK. What a complete dirge. This guy is more like a rock star than a DJ and for what and why has he been given this status? He interacts with the crowd a lot but bizzarely he rarely put his headphones on (surely he doesn't pre-record!). The crowd absolutely loved him but what he plays is house music for the lowest common denominator with very little thought into the production. You know the type they play on Radio 1. However, that's what people like and the party was going off everywhere so good luck to them. We stayed for an hour then left.

On to DC10. Stayed in the garden for the first two hours to see Mike Servito. Excellent and properly grooving. Loves a bit of a bit of acid doesn't he?

This was followed by Honey Soundsystem. What a find they are. Played lots of what I would call "space age disco". Go and see these guys.

Caught the first 30 mins of Kim Ann Foxman on the terrace. If it wasn't for Ellen I'd have stayed there for the full set. Not sure how long she has been playing but she is a real star.

Now onto Ellen in the main room. I don't care what anyone says she is as good as anyone else in the industry. She's never played a bad set when I've seen here. More passion behind the decks than anyone I can think of. Proper power and an unreal record collection.

Finally caught a bit of Lena Willikens but it was too slow for this time of night. We nipped into the terrace and Job Jobse was banging but as mentioned it became unbearable crowd wise so we did one.

I only missed Seth and Nina so not the end of the World.

Nice mini-review. Ibiza Rocks isn't for me anymore either but like you said, people like what they like, they're not hurting anyone.

Was it too busy for you at Circo from the start? Ricardo is at Amnesia next Monday and I'm wondering if that might split the crowd a bit.

It was absolutely dead at the start. Didn't fill out properly until about 12.30am. When I say filled out I mean every spare bit of space in the garden, terrace and 90% of the main room. People were still paying to get in when we left!

Last edited:
It was absolutely dead at the start. Didn't fill out properly until about 12.30pm. When I say filled out I mean every spare bit of space in the garden, terrace and 90% of the main room. People were still paying to get in when we left!

Madness. I can live with having to go early though if necessary, will try the sweet spots first. Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back