*** ibiza gossip 2018 ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
some news coming later today

Mr Reliable himself Danny Kay has suggested its Privilege dropping their opening party - I'll take what he says with a pinch of salt as he's incorrect 95% of the time :lol:

Great news if Elrow are going to continue with the all night long sets in the main room - I really enjoyed that concept for the last two years and some of their selections in that room were great. I caught Eats Everything at the closing party 'all night long' last year and I have to say he really impressed me there, a very versatile and structured set.

Great news if Elrow are going to continue with the all night long sets in the main room - I really enjoyed that concept for the last two years and some of their selections in that room were great. I caught Eats Everything at the closing party 'all night long' last year and I have to say he really impressed me there, a very versatile and structured set.

I am SO hungry for ANLs now. Fed up of listening to half-baked rushed 90 minute sets. I only did one Elrow last season, and while the Terrace was packed with the 'Lilo Lills' the Main Room was pretty solid. It was Ilario Alicante that night.

I am SO hungry for ANLs now. Fed up of listening to half-baked rushed 90 minute sets. I only did one Elrow last season, and while the Terrace was packed with the 'Lilo Lills' the Main Room was pretty solid. It was Ilario Alicante that night.

The problem is, for the most part, ANL’s or few DJ’s on the roster don’t sell the mass tickets the promoters are looking to sell.

I for one, like most on here would prefer a couple of DJ’s doing 3-4 hour sets as opposed to 4 or 5 doing 90 minutes but it’s not the way at the moment.

The problem is, for the most part, ANL’s or few DJ’s on the roster don’t sell the mass tickets the promoters are looking to sell.

I for one, like most on here would prefer a couple of DJ’s doing 3-4 hour sets as opposed to 4 or 5 doing 90 minutes but it’s not the way at the moment.

Yeah, agree. I 100% get the commercial need to get NAMES NAMES NAMES and B2B22B2B2B2B2B2B2B NAMES to sell an event.

That is what I actually like about the Elrow ANLs - they are often not actually names that could fill a club - but because Elrow pack 5,000 people onto the Terrace to throw lilos around - they can get the likes of Art Department Pan-Pot, Patrick Topping, Ricky Ahmed into the main room.

A Josh Wink ANL..... now that is what I want!

Me too - Fabric has started doing it a lot this summer and its such a great concept. For me it doesn't come any better than an ANL set with a great DJ in control.

Looks like he's hedged his bets correctly on this occasion eh :lol::lol:

the likes of laurent garnier and jeff mills used to play 5 hour sets at The End and Lost etc. It gives DJs more freedom to indulge the more esoteric ends of their collections but it also risks losing the kind of big-room crowd who just want back to back big hitters, so it's a double-edged sword. Either way I can't say I ever exactly stand there on a dancefloor arms-folded with a stopwatch monitoring who's on and when.... when you're deep in the juju, you honestly don't really care

the likes of laurent garnier and jeff mills used to play 5 hour sets at The End and Lost etc. It gives DJs more freedom to indulge the more esoteric ends of their collections but it also risks losing the kind of big-room crowd who just want back to back big hitters, so it's a double-edged sword. Either way I can't say I ever exactly stand there on a dancefloor arms-folded with a stopwatch monitoring who's on and when.... when you're deep in the juju, you honestly don't really care

Wise words as always. I have bored people with this story many times - but a young me being dragged along to a 5 hour Jeff Mills set at THE END crossed me over from trancey-euro-pop to the darker side. Did the likes of Mills and Derrick May even play Ibiza last year? [EDIT: Derrick May played MusicOn last July]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back