*** Ibiza Gossip 2016 ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a fan of the Amnesia line-up tbh. (certainly don't feel like I'm missing out by not being there, unlike previous years)

Very Together-heavy.

I guess the room split will look something like:

Apollonia // Ilario Alicante // Fritz Kalbrenner // Cuartero // Mar-T on the terrace
Amine Edge & Dance // Claptone // Hannah Wants // Disciples in the club room

One observation though: most of those acts are appearing at either Sat or Sun at We Are FSTVL over that weekend, which kinda breaks the speculation that a lot of posters on these forums, myself included, have that rules out acts appearing at opening parties.

The Tribal Sessions lineup is wank. In fact, the whole season is.

The whole season for Sankeys or Ibiza in general? The opening lineup is making me worried about everything else. Like we still have no info on lineups for Ants, Paradise, Hyte, Sundays at Space, Soundgarden, Mosiac, Afterlife. The whole Beachouse debacle is retarded as well. Like I know we'll be getting info soon and whatever info we have about lineups is mostly solid so far (Cocoon and Solly +1 are great) but I'm just worried! Why were Sankeys and Amnesia opening so much more crazier for last year and is this spelling doom for the lineups for these other promotions? Is that why they're taking so long to come out?

Just seem the Insane lineups for my arrival

MK
Pete Tong
Camelphat
Becky Hill
Alex Kennon

Can't say I'm bowled over but it could be worse. Just noticed HEART opening is the same night and Sven Vath is down to play. What can we expect from the club itself? Does anyone think this is worth attending? I've got Cocoon on Monday.... but lets be honest you can never get enough Sven.

Just seem the Insane lineups for my arrival

MK
Pete Tong
Camelphat
Becky Hill
Alex Kennon

Can't say I'm bowled over but it could be worse. Just noticed HEART opening is the same night and Sven Vath is down to play. What can we expect from the club itself? Does anyone think this is worth attending? I've got Cocoon on Monday.... but lets be honest you can never get enough Sven.

Yeah, thats the night I am attending as well. Pete Tong is nice...he is able to play some decent sets! I am doing IMS just before Insane. And Sven on monday is enough for me! Not willing to pay so much money for heart...

Nobbie - Just Tribal Sessions.

I just think he (Dave Vincent) has turned that night into a watered down version of what Tribal Sessions used to be which was a night which had one or two excellent underground techno/tech house DJ’s plus a couple of brilliant residents (Gregg Vickers/Krysko akin to Craig Richards/Terry Francis at Fabric).

Now it feels like a residents only night and Vincent is on a one man feminist crusade (oxy-moron?) to promote female DJ’s which the Club has become synonymous with during the Winter season. Nothing wrong with giving the fairer sex the spotlight on the decks (it should be praised!) it’s just there are no, in my opinion, stellar bookings that are pushing the electronic World along that this night used to be famed for.

For the record I had a top night at Tribal Sessions closing last year but won't be heading there this year.

Last edited:
regardless of the big hoo-hah made over closing times last year, I cannot see this one ending much earlier than the usual opening closing times.

I'd be very surprised if it did, let's see.
I think denying the extension of opening hours for the second time now (after the closing 2015) means that the authorities are very serious about amnesia this season and amnesia won't risk the closing of the venue for some time as a sanction. but please post the closing time on this forum, when you're there :)

The whole season for Sankeys or Ibiza in general? The opening lineup is making me worried about everything else. Like we still have no info on lineups for Ants, Paradise, Hyte, Sundays at Space, Soundgarden, Mosiac, Afterlife. The whole Beachouse debacle is retarded as well. Like I know we'll be getting info soon and whatever info we have about lineups is mostly solid so far (Cocoon and Solly +1 are great) but I'm just worried! Why were Sankeys and Amnesia opening so much more crazier for last year and is this spelling doom for the lineups for these other promotions? Is that why they're taking so long to come out?

You really need to calm down and stop worrying so much about lineups. This is Ibiza, back in the day you'd have virtually no idea who was playing until you turned up and I can assure you, these nights were just, if not better, than any of the pre-planned events you get now.

I get that some people travel to see a particular DJ but people need to chill out and relax a bit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back