Ibiza blues

Crying the airport..really

One of my highlights at the airport on the way home, is seeing people absolutely hanging out of their hoop and struggling with the reality of a comedown in a public place coupled with the sad fact that it is home time. Pure entertainment.

edit to add - I have more than likely been a source of entertainment for many others as I make the transition back to the real world. Those midday flights on the back of a last night blow out are never a good combo.

I usually cry as well when I get home and check my bank balance :confused:

10 years ago when I first discovered Ibiza I was living by the time in a shit hole in South West France. Going in Ibiza was my highlight of the year. It was the only place where I could listen electronic music in those out of my dream place, see beautiful girls, take drugs and enjoy my life properly. You cannot imagine how sad I was when I was coming back home and had to wait another year to be back. Now I’m living in London which is for me kind of Ibiza feeling all year long in a way that I meet people from all over the world all year long and I go to super nice parties. So when I leave Ibiza I feel actually pretty good. Moreover I have a much better job and then I can go twice in Ibiza during the summer .

Get me back there now :(
how anyone can settle on a plane! I fly so much but my fear is ridiculous so I have to take a valium - not even that works. Sad as I don’t need to be in the uk! Im ripped this way n that as its sell up here n go n live in our place there but leave my partner ( who is a workaholic despite having ample money to retire very early), or stay here crying n acting like a nutcase as I cannot cope with life here- theres nothing for me here. I hate it n wdnt miss anyone! If i hated him it would be easy. Anyone else got an anti Ibiza/ Spain partner?!!! In fairness he is intending to retire - in 5-6 years n live in our place there . The thought of being here that long is unbearable..

10 years ago when I first discovered Ibiza I was living by the time in a shit hole in South West France. Going in Ibiza was my highlight of the year. It was the only place where I could listen electronic music in those out of my dream place, see beautiful girls, take drugs and enjoy my life properly. You cannot imagine how sad I was when I was coming back home and had to wait another year to be back. Now I’m living in London which is for me kind of Ibiza feeling all year long in a way that I meet people from all over the world all year long and I go to super nice parties. So when I leave Ibiza I feel actually pretty good. Moreover I have a much better job and then I can go twice in Ibiza during the summer .

I was in London for years and I lost count of the number of people I knew who had met via IBZ in one way or other. Yet although there are always amazing parties to go back to, it is in other ways a pretty brutal city to go back to, given how aggressive, cynical and money-driven it is. So I don't really miss that now although BCN is heading that way. The saddest part of leaving IBZ is when you are just starting to make new friends and then have to go. Does anyone still send postcards these days?

Tu vivais ou en France ?

I can feel the tears not far off when i settle down on the plane with a wine and put some tunes on. Some tunes have to be skipped. Alcohol seems to soothe any comedown anxiety, but can aid that bitter sweet depressive feeling. ;) Have sun glasses ready just in case. :spank: :lol:
Im sick of everything; I don’t have to be here! I have a place over there. All my stuffs there but here i am . 7 yrs n still waiting for a partner who loves his effin job to much to go or he wont take the plunge. , we have ample to live on n a place to sell here. Why am I waiting! Im so bloody unhappy. He made a promise we would be there soon 7 yr ago- still here, still depressed beyond any help.. ive got a choice to make havent i..hard when u love someone.

Im sick of everything; I don’t have to be here! I have a place over there. All my stuffs there but here i am . 7 yrs n still waiting for a partner who loves his effin job to much to go or he wont take the plunge. , we have ample to live on n a place to sell here. Why am I waiting! Im so bloody unhappy. He made a promise we would be there soon 7 yr ago- still here, still depressed beyond any help.. ive got a choice to make havent i..hard when u love someone.
After waiting 7 years maybe its time to just go!

Made it home super-calm, happy, fulfilled and transformed last night. More so than on any other trip I can remember. I know the memories are going to stay fresh all Winter and I've left on a high. So nearly didn't go out, really glad I did and definitely no blues this time :cool::twisted:

Barring a short hiatus in August and early September, feel like we've had 5 1/2 months of Summer this year and it's going to be one to remember. Currently getting my head around doing circuit training outside in 2 degrees C tomorrow morning. At least I have my new "happy places" to go to in my head when the pain sets in :lol:

Made it home super-calm, happy, fulfilled and transformed last night. More so than on any other trip I can remember. I know the memories are going to stay fresh all Winter and I've left on a high. So nearly didn't go out, really glad I did and definitely no blues this time :cool::twisted:

Barring a short hiatus in August and early September, feel like we've had 5 1/2 months of Summer this year and it's going to be one to remember. Currently getting my head around doing circuit training outside in 2 degrees C tomorrow morning. At least I have my new "happy places" to go to in my head when the pain sets in :lol:
as always looking forward to your trip report

Back