Ibiza Blues

man most of u guys are from europe! u can go anytime....what if u were like me in US with minimum 2 week vacations per year, idk when i'll get a chance to go back after the short trip this year. U guys get like a month/year atleast and ur close, its cheaper..... :(

talk to me if u wanna talk about ibiza blues

I still get evil electric shocks for about a week after I get back, sometimes real painful ones right through the head and others that send my limbs flying uncontrollably which my ex GF was on the wrong end of one time :D Not had the sleep paralysis for some years now although I used to get it real bad bad (pretty fricking glad I dont actually as it scared the crap out of me.)

Always a bit upset to leave, not crying or stuff more like saying farewell to an old friend or similar and a nice welcome home feeling on arrival.

ten

Yer when I used to get home I would have propper ****ed up dreams and wake up sweating so badly that the sheets used to be soaking.( and no it wasnt piss).

Oh yea - totally messed up dreams for about a week after getting back, proper nightmare stuff or just plain freaky / weird.

Actually, with all these shatty side effects I really don't know why I bother taking stuff any more. I'm only up for an hour or two max these days so I think my chemical honeymoon is finally coming to its end :)

ten

i had a pretty weird/cool dream last night, involving the big brother sofa, amnesia terrace and noel from oasis. the intensity of the dreams seems to be calming down :)
now i've got to get prepared for them from after the closings...........

ffs

Thought I had escaped the Ibiza blues after this visit.

We had the children to pickup after landing home last Thursday. Lovely long weekend.

Now they are back at school / nursery, I am sat here yearning for the island:cry::cry:

Ditto! Got back home at 3pm today Ibiza Blues in full flow.

Cooked a nice meal and had a bottle of wine and now the mrs is watching How to look good naked ffs, talk about depressed!

Would love to able to book for closing parties but defo not realistic due to the amount that I've spent in the last ten nights.

Review to follow over the next couple of days.

don't cry about it.

lock yourself a way for a week and watch the entire peep show series, only moving when you're forced to by uncontrollable body shocks just as you start to drift to sleep. sleeeeeeeeeeeeebzzzzzzzzz AWAKE.

once this stage has passed you have two options.

1. start looking at going out for the closing parties. you know you can't. you know deep down you can't afford it and it'll never happen, but for some reason you trick yourself into believing you'll be back before the summer's out. this makes everything good again.

and if things get really bad.

2. consider working next season. even start looking at 'flats to rent in ibiza' on google. maybe even look for jobs similar to your career you could pursue on the island. normally only considered in the depths of winter, when the daily grind of normal life seems to much to bear - this can be an effective ibiza hangover cure, even though realistically you've got more chance of finding maddie than it ever happening. but i guess that depends on which circles you mix in.

Ben - you're so right! I had a quick look at flights etc for end of the month, and been thinking of a way to spend a summer there. So this is common eh?!

I came back from my 5th visit last week...since then I have been googling like mad, topping up the tan, feeling down right low, tried all lotteries this week, kicking myself for not getting the number of that boy I danced with and dreaming about that knight that will whisk me away to Ibiza to his ammmazing villa. One day eh?!

i just got back today after 2 weeks at the jet apartments..it was my 6th and best time on the island...im feeling very depressed today...im walking around the house not knowing what to do with myself....

its strange not having the crew around..after 2 weeks of getting on it and now all of a sudden there is nothing to do..the pics are already flying up on facebook and that is just making it worse..

nothing but sleep paralysis for me over thenext few nights...used to hate it but am used to it now and it doesnt scare me anymore lol....

untill next time....

sat here crying over this years pictures :( gets worse every year!! booking next years 2 visits next month to try cheer me up!!

nothing but sleep paralysis for me over thenext few nights...used to hate it but am used to it now and it doesnt scare me anymore lol....

try getting it, in a cabin, on a ferry and thinking your floating around the room, the night after a body wrecking 4 night binge - as I did a few months ago!

I thought i was the only one!

don't cry about it.

lock yourself a way for a week and watch the entire peep show series, only moving when you're forced to by uncontrollable body shocks just as you start to drift to sleep. sleeeeeeeeeeeeebzzzzzzzzz AWAKE.

once this stage has passed you have two options.

1. start looking at going out for the closing parties. you know you can't. you know deep down you can't afford it and it'll never happen, but for some reason you trick yourself into believing you'll be back before the summer's out. this makes everything good again.

and if things get really bad.

2. consider working next season. even start looking at 'flats to rent in ibiza' on google. maybe even look for jobs similar to your career you could pursue on the island. normally only considered in the depths of winter, when the daily grind of normal life seems to much to bear - this can be an effective ibiza hangover cure, even though realistically you've got more chance of finding maddie than it ever happening. but i guess that depends on which circles you mix in.
i could not believe it when i read this post. i got back from ibiza last thursday and ive done everything youve said here. its all ive done this week!

I can understand what the Spotlighters on here are going through having suffered from such Ibiza blues during my younger years before. Actually if you're feeling down and find yourself keep looking at your holiday photo's or googling for info on Ibiza etc then it's certain you're suffering from the illness known as Severe Depressive Ibiza Syndrome which affects 6 out of 10 people who have returned home after holidaying on the Island. The Autumn and Winter months are the worst for when the illness strikes because the daylight hours get shorter whilst at the same time becoming colder -7°C:lol:. But there is a little known remedy that is well known for curing the Ibiza blues and it's called booking a Winter holiday be it the Canaries or the Costa del Sol etc. We're flying out to Ibiza next Saturday for 7 days but when we get back i know the missus & i will not have too wait to long for our next holiday which is already booked for next Feburary in BoaVista on the Cap Vert.:) In general we holiday atleast three/four times a year which help's us get through the stress of a long year thus curing any depressive blues.

Last edited by a moderator:
blues

My wife is pregnant I can't be too gutted I had to skip this years trip. If I do there will be hell to pay. I look at the reviews and pics and are sad

I cry every time I get on the plane to leave :oops:
Managed not to cry getting on the plane yesterday 8)
(although my eyes were welled up with enough water that I could barely see :lol:)

It was that moment, walking across the tarmac to the airplane, when I stopped and took a look around at the hills, Ses Salinas, etc., and said goodbye...

Damn... nearly started again...

Back