Ibiza Blues

Uncle_Sevo

How bad do you get them?, going 1st sept for 2 weeks and im already dreading the coming home......sad as that is.

Be my 6th time this year and it never gets any easier. When I first started going with the lads when i was younger living with the rents, I would seriously get home and not want to speak to anybody( parents etc) for about a week. Id be so depressed! . Only people id want to speak to was the people I was away with as they were the only ones who understood your pain. Sounds really sad I know but the Ibiza blues are the worst ever!!!!!!!!!!!

discuss.................

I usually manage my Ibiza blues by going twice a year, only going once this year so I'm dreading coming home too. I think you get a taste of the way you'd like to live, for a short while, then it's back to the gloom of work with people that have no idea...the number of times I've sat at my desk thinking about why I'm sat at my desk, is not worth thinking about...

i got back from paradise 2 days ago now.had already booked for 2 weeks for the closings. so when the plane was taking of i jus said to myself see you in two months (sounds abit sad that lol) been having some well messed up dreams etc, was just drifting of to sleep last night and all of of sudden i was trying to gasp for air but not moving or anything. (don't know if anyone has ever done salivia before but it was kind of like that) was watching a program with my girlfriend yesterday afternoon an felt like i was going to cry for no apparent reason! that was my 6th time to ibiza. the 3rd and 4th trips i weren't that bad after. went for a big run today to try and get all of the chemicals out of the system and had a load of fruit and water. Hopefully tonight won't be as bad, not looking forward to coming back after the closings!

I cried in the taxi on the way back to the airport after my last trip in 2008 :oops:

Going back again in Sept - I'm sure there will be tears again once it's over :lol:

the 3rd and 4th trips i weren't that bad after. went for a big run today to try and get all of the chemicals out of the system and had a load of fruit and water. Hopefully tonight won't be as bad, not looking forward to coming back after the closings!

IME comedowns (and related problems) only ever get worse, which is why I'm very careful about what I touch these days. The worst bit I find is sleep problems and I only ever really got that after E. I could do the chemically-related legal (until recently!) products and not get anything like that, even though they have similar properties. There's one for the chemists to explain!

I went for the first 2 weeks in July this year and for the first time in 12 visits i didn't get REALLY miserable when i got back. Having said that i booked to return on the 20th September for the closing parties so that may have cheered me up :D

Have to say I had a bit a of a weak moment on the ferry as it left yesterday

currently in Barcelona - full reports and stuff when I get back to London

*real shame didn't get to meet up with Grego - a tight itinerary, a lack of time and unexpected events all conspired against it in the end

Have to say I had a bit a of a weak moment on the ferry as it left yesterday

I cry every time I get on the plane to leave :oops:

:lol:

I've never cried ffs, but I remember a friend (Simon) crying his eyes out having to be dragged out of space by his other half to go and get their flight. Apparently he cried in the taxi, when checking in, and then he bawled (with the whole plane looking at him) when he could see Space and PDB when they took off :lol:

I admit that whenever I get off the ferry when we arrive, I get a real strange feeling. It's what i'd call spiritual If I beleived in the sort of stuff. The best way to describe it is like I'm just really content to arrive home (even though its not), I feel completely relaxed, happy, and almost tingly :oops: :lol:

:lol:

I've never cried ffs, but I remember a friend (Simon) crying his eyes out having to be dragged out of space by his other half to go and get their flight. Apparently he cried in the taxi, when checking in, and then he bawled (with the whole plane looking at him) when he could see Space and PDB when they took off :lol:

I admit that whenever I get off the ferry when we arrive, I get a real strange feeling. It's what i'd call spiritual If I beleived in the sort of stuff. The best way to describe it is like I'm just really content to arrive home (even though its not), I feel completely relaxed, happy, and almost tingly :oops: :lol:

Ditto on the arrival front - I dont feel depressed leaving Ibiza - usually just totally empty, knackered and desperate for the couch and a proper cup fo tea in my pint mug - I usually think - right time to book next trip back :lol::lol::lol::lol:

The last 2 times after we got back (normally back home by around lunch time), we'd head off to the oub and spend the afternoon sitting there saying little drinking wine and slowly getting thrashed. I hate that braindead feeling I have for a few days after - but a good work out the day after that again ususally sorts my head out.
You can't have good times forever, all you can do is wave goodbye and hpe that you'll be in one piece the following year to go back again.

heading there this saturday for 5 days for mates stag :twisted:
dreading it being over so quick though :cry:

wifes arse making buttons cause shes just back from Marbella after a week with girls...
due to this we are booking flights from london on the 12 sept for a week as we are down there for Muse concert on 11th.... :D

cant believe how much cheaper u londoners get your ibiza hols for compared to us Scots!!! :confused:

anyway thats my stag doom and gloom sorted when the 5 days are up....:p

wot do i do about Septembers doom and gloom now :rolleyes: 8)

i got back from paradise 2 days ago now.had already booked for 2 weeks for the closings. so when the plane was taking of i jus said to myself see you in two months (sounds abit sad that lol) been having some well messed up dreams etc, was just drifting of to sleep last night and all of of sudden i was trying to gasp for air but not moving or anything. (don't know if anyone has ever done salivia before but it was kind of like that) was watching a program with my girlfriend yesterday afternoon an felt like i was going to cry for no apparent reason! that was my 6th time to ibiza. the 3rd and 4th trips i weren't that bad after. went for a big run today to try and get all of the chemicals out of the system and had a load of fruit and water. Hopefully tonight won't be as bad, not looking forward to coming back after the closings!

know exactly wot ur on about.... after 2 week mash ups back in 98/99/00 i had these crazy goings on as well.... u get the electric shock treatment as well in bed... crying at things on tele u wouldnt dream of crying too :lol:.....

usually after a couple of days your fine but i found after a few years if u take it a bit easier in ibiza for the last 3/2 days your usually fine.... valuim also help...

probably be like this next week :lol:

heading there this saturday for 5 days for mates stag :twisted:
dreading it being over so quick though :cry:

wifes arse making buttons cause shes just back from Marbella after a week with girls...
due to this we are booking flights from london on the 12 sept for a week as we are down there for Muse concert on 11th.... :D

cant believe how much cheaper u londoners get your ibiza hols for compared to us Scots!!! :confused:

anyway thats my stag doom and gloom sorted when the 5 days are up....:p

wot do i do about Septembers doom and gloom now :rolleyes: 8)

and us NE'ers !!! quite a difference in costs!:spank:

@ doddy, i've not had the electric shocks before, a couple of mates have tho. i had vali's over there with me so they helped but not got any more. couple of smokes before bed is what i've been doin, not really helping tho.
morbyd i hate the point when you know the trip is over too, usually half way through the last day when you've packed and start thinking about heading to the airport.

A stiff drink (whisky/brandy) is a good short-term solution to sleep paralysis, especially if you find it stops you getting to sleep.

Back