Ibiza 2022 impressions

halloween bank holiday done, this really was the final weekend of what was undoubtedly the longest and hottest ibiza season EVER. it's maybe more something for the gossip thread, but I do think what we saw this year will be the new normal - clubs opening at the end of april and then stay open until the weekend before ADE. so the big clubs are open for almost 6 months.

it was a fantastic summer for most people living and working here. finally some normalcy, no more restrictions, and obviously people were raring to go and have their proper ibiza experience again. what's good though is that the two non-clubbing seasons have opened the eyes to many people and more non-clubbing activities are on offer now.

am ready for a bit of a quieter time now personally, it's been the busiest year ever for me and I can't wait for a tiny bit of downtime now.

I do think what we saw this year will be the new normal - clubs opening at the end of april
«Hay algunos locales que ya han reconocido que la experiencia ha sido buena y van a intentar también abrir en abril, aunque la Semana Santa no caerá en una fecha tan propicia. Algún asociado ha comentado ya que su idea es repetir y abrir ese mes»

halloween bank holiday done, this really was the final weekend of what was undoubtedly the longest and hottest ibiza season EVER. it's maybe more something for the gossip thread, but I do think what we saw this year will be the new normal - clubs opening at the end of april and then stay open until the weekend before ADE. so the big clubs are open for almost 6 months.

it was a fantastic summer for most people living and working here. finally some normalcy, no more restrictions, and obviously people were raring to go and have their proper ibiza experience again. what's good though is that the two non-clubbing seasons have opened the eyes to many people and more non-clubbing activities are on offer now.

am ready for a bit of a quieter time now personally, it's been the busiest year ever for me and I can't wait for a tiny bit of downtime now.
On the one hand, fantastic, on the other the cost of flights and hotels will increase over the former "quiet" periods!

Just out of interest, been looking for Portugal in january and flight, transfer, studio with kitchen for one week with Jet2 is under £350. That's flaming cheaper than sitting at home on my backside. Stll rather go to Ibiza then, but most of the tourist stuff in Portugal will be open, a winter there is like an early spring in the UK.

Cafe De Hoek in Figuritas is opening for one day on Friday 18th November, I assume that's for a NL world cup game. So if you're Oranje get down there!

Cafe De Hoek in Figuritas is opening for one day on Friday 18th November, I assume that's for a NL world cup game. So if you're Oranje get down there!
You'd think so indeed, but the Netherlands is playing their first match on the 21st....so not sure why this one day opening is.

Thought they have open over Winter. Saw them open in october , last year.
Cooltoure is open , I assume ?

You'd think so indeed, but the Netherlands is playing their first match on the 21st....so not sure why this one day opening is.
Hmmm, interesting. I found the date on facebook's "stories" but nothing on their facebook page right now. Wonder if they posted thw wrong date and have had ro revisit? I wish bars would keep their facebook page updated!!

very well written and very true article:

i experienced the champagne sprays at nikki beach in saint tropez around 2005, the audience consisted mainly of nouveau rich french, dutch and some arab jeunesse doree and of course their entourage, there was one part of the beach club with the pool in which the rich ones ones partied and another for the rest of the crowd.
these guys were wearing shorts with a white long busines designer shirt as they celebrated and sprayed each other with 1500 euro expensive champagne off, i found it completely decadent, in front of the club parked were the amg, brabus g-wagons, ferraris and lambos, the music was super trash, certain djs like bob sinclair or rapper snoop and hilton were there too....nowadays many of them rich ones choose another spot and ibiza seems to have been in trend for a few years now..... i find it ridiculous if you drive a lambo in ibiza 🤦‍♂️ this september i saw a very clever lambo driver on the very steep off-road driveway from cala xuclar as he tried to conquer the slope there several times with his cart.

since i've never been in a vip area and i never plan anything like that, i don't really care... although sometimes i look at the people in the vip boxes and i can't help but smile as they stand there so bored, because the groove is guaranteed not to go off in the vip areas, at some point they'll have to move onto the 0815 dancefloor if they want to dance, although most won't....better take a few more photos and then leave at 2:30 a.m.....

the clubs benefit from those wealthy guests, while most other club visitors can hardly buy a water....

meanwhile i know that if possible i will not come to ibiza towards the end of june, the whole of july/august or the beginning of september because then it is just too crowded with this kind of guests.

at the same time a curse and a blessing for those who live in ibiza and perhaps do not have the opportunity to afford such expensive adventures.

Last edited:
very well written and very true article:

i experienced the champagne sprays at nikki beach in saint tropez around 2005, the audience consisted mainly of nouveau rich french, dutch and some arab jeunesse doree and of course their entourage, there was one part of the beach club with the pool in which the rich ones ones partied and another for the rest of the crowd.
these guys were wearing shorts with a white long busines designer shirt as they celebrated and sprayed each other with 1500 euro expensive champagne off, i found it completely decadent, in front of the club parked were the amg, brabus g-wagons, ferraris and lambos, the music was super trash, certain djs like bob sinclair or rapper snoop and hilton were there too....nowadays many of them rich ones choose another spot and ibiza seems to have been in trend for a few years now..... i find it ridiculous if you drive a lambo in ibiza 🤦‍♂️ this september i saw a very clever lambo driver on the very steep off-road driveway from cala xuclar as he tried to conquer the slope there several times with his cart.

since i've never been in a vip area and i never plan anything like that, i don't really care... although sometimes i look at the people in the vip boxes and i can't help but smile as they stand there so bored, because the groove is guaranteed not to go off in the vip areas, at some point they'll have to move onto the 0815 dancefloor if they want to dance, although most won't....better take a few more photos and then leave at 2:30 a.m.....

the clubs benefit from those wealthy guests, while most other club visitors can hardly buy a water....

meanwhile i know that if possible i will not come to ibiza towards the end of june, the whole of july/august or the beginning of september because then it is just too crowded with this kind of guests.

at the same time a curse and a blessing for those who live in ibiza and perhaps do not have the opportunity to afford such expensive adventures.

There needs to be a campaign of resistance. Sabotage - or terror - if necessary. These people are offensive wankers who need to be driven screaming into the sea

the balearics had the best & busiest october ever

I was in Ibiza the first week of October, then again for Halloween, and both times had a very September type busy buzz about Ibiza Town. Hoping this new extended summer continues in years to come.

I was in Ibiza the first week of October, then again for Halloween, and both times had a very September type busy buzz about Ibiza Town. Hoping this new extended summer continues in years to come.

Its a great month to visit, the storms of September go away to leave one last blast of sunshine and I prefer the more relaxed crowds that time of year.

Back