*** ibiza 2018 observations ***

Interestingly, despite numbers being down for 2018, accommodation prices (hotels and apartments) seem a lot more expensive for 2019.

Reached a point where I am giving it a miss after 7 straight years. Hard to do a week in Ibiza properly for anything less than £1500 now and for that money you can go a whole host of more exotic and new places for the same cash. The poor Sterling rate is of course a factor, but there has been a general feeling of being increasingly fleeced on the island for a few years now.

Comes a point where you have to say enough is enough.

2019 should really be the season where Ibiza corrects itself and makes the necessary adjustments price wise to make it a viable option for people, bringing it into line with the resurgent and cheaper options like Greece, Turkey etc. I just can’t see any evidence of it at the moment. In fact as mentioned, prices are going up. Again. And the phrase enough is enough is one we're hearing a lot now. Deals are around in April, May and October, but elsewhere on the calendar, it is painful. It will be interesting to see if early bookings take a dip and these prices even hold come spring time.

These rumours of hotel prices dropping are a load of bollocks

The reductions required to change people's perception of Ibiza being too expensive would have to be substantial, not just a few percent. I just can't see that happening

Its really just the Brits that like to book nice and early for summer holidays. I think with all the Brexit nonsense happening, people are reluctant to `do the usual` and are are going to stay in the UK next year; or at least plan to then see what deals pop up nearer the time.
We've done Majorca (family) and Ibiza (friends) this year, and when its all paid off and the dust settles ill see whether its REALLY worth travelling to Ibiza again.
The best times ive had on the island were dancing with the sand between my toes, not in the clubs, and i could do that anywhere the sun shines.

2019 should really be the season where Ibiza corrects itself and makes the necessary adjustments price wise to make it a viable option for people, bringing it into line with the resurgent and cheaper options like Greece, Turkey etc. I just can’t see any evidence of it at the moment. In fact as mentioned, prices are going up. Again. And the phrase enough is enough is one we're hearing a lot now. Deals are around in April, May and October, but elsewhere on the calendar, it is painful. It will be interesting to see if early bookings take a dip and these prices even hold come spring time.
Prices reduced markedly last spring. Sadly I’d booked early for reasons I can’t remember. Right now prices have risen considerably for hotels. Airline prices look similar to last year.

I don’t see general prices reducing much for a while. The government, hotels and hostelries are seeking a new market that is well heeled and bourgeois. Whether they can pull that off is another matter altogether. My issues with the island are intertwined with the state of the dance music scene so it’s a double problem for me. I hope it’s not the end for me, I hope both issues improve. But we will see. I reckon that come the spring there will be good deals to be had and we will know which clubs are operating what and line ups. Whether the music improves is another matter altogether but that may be just my problem.

Last edited by a moderator:
Prices reduced markedly last spring. Sadly I’d booked early for reasons I can’t remember. Right now prices have risen considerably for hotels. Airline prices look similar to last year.

I don’t see general prices reducing much for a while. The government, hotels and hostelries are seeking a new market that is well heeled and bourgeois. Whether they can pull that off is another matter altogether. My issues with the island are intertwined with the state of the dance music scene so it’s a double problem for me. I hope it’s not the end for me, I hope both issues improve. But we will see. I reckon that come the spring there will be good deals to be had and we will know which clubs are operating what and line ups. Whether the music improves is another matter altogether but that may be just my problem.

Agree with you on the music front. I attend events that are more towards EDM than most on here. The EDM scene is dead, same old tired names like Guetta, Van Buuren rush releasing poor quality material for a quick buck.

Compare to say 2013 when these EDM names were topping the pop charts with catchy anthems, names like Avicii and Duke Dumont were breaking through to being headliners and it all felt fresh.

Can't comment on the more underground nights but for the commercial ones you now feel you can definitely miss a year and not miss anything music wise.

These rumours of hotel prices dropping are a load of bollocks

The reductions required to change people's perception of Ibiza being too expensive would have to be substantial, not just a few percent. I just can't see that happening

Yep. Places I've stayed in recently are all a LOT more expensive and the Euro/Pound exchange rate has been poor for 2.5 years now so it's not due to that.

in my experience peak season tourists will always be peak season tourists. they complain and complain and I can tell them "don't go in august, come in september" all I want, they will always book august again and complain when they come back :) good for me though.
You have made my mind up. I will put the kids up for adoption. Should enable us to go out of season until our heart is content, anything to not be one of those horrible peak season tourists.

Last edited by a moderator:
You have made my mind up. I will put the kids up for adoption. Should enable us to go out of season until our heart is content, anything to not be one of those horrible peak season tourists.

ehm obviously I was talking about people who are having an actual choice WHEN to go.

ehm obviously I was talking about people who are having an actual choice WHEN to go.
Sorry mate, couldn’t read your mind. Anyway, let’s hope it’s a good 2019 season on the island. And off season.

I'm in the same boat as yourself dude. I always used to go Sept but because of kids and babysitters it's July these days, anything else is a ballache. That week around 6th Oct last year looked and seemed (from on here anyway) absolute quality

Samething for me, I would dream to be in Ibiza in September, but kids and work just make's it impossible, so we always go in July...

I’ve just been down to metric recording studios in bossa for a 3D sound experience with my Buddy Javier Ferrer, it’s incredible.
When they get this system in a club it’s going to be the next level experience!!

I’ve just been down to metric recording studios in bossa for a 3D sound experience with my Buddy Javier Ferrer, it’s incredible.
When they get this system in a club it’s going to be the next level experience!!

Is this the Dolby Atmos thing? Ministry of Sound had it for a year, but it seemed a lot of work for DJs to prepare tracks for it.

As a clubber it was kind of cool, but got a bit gimmicky in my opinion

It’s something like that, it’s an advanced version I think. now these guys are a recording studio and music production company so that’s there market. It’s only my imagination running away on hearing it in a club. On What I just heard it would be phenomenal in a club, but yes all the music needs to be record through the software to play it in the 3D sound system. But it seems the times are coming for the next steep in technology Have a google of them and see what there up to!!

Back