*** ibiza 2018 observations ***

[QUOTE="perrylgooner, post: 964341, member: but I still think it will come back around.[/QUOTE]

Nope it wont

Edit - i mean in terms of direction it’s ‘heading’ (it’s pretty much there already)

Even too many of the bars are taking the p*** with prices now.

Id say "Do more local bars people!" :D
I second this was a major put off for me coming back after 2016 so gave it a miss for a couple year. 10e for a vodka and coke In bossa haha place was a dive too.

Booked the dreaded all inclusive for next year was a bargain. Hopefully I won't routed to the hotel too much

We go to local bars early around 11am is usually good. You'll have a gathering of old ladies making more noise than the new york stock exchange on one table and some portly gentlemen on another who's knees seems to be spreading wider and wider apart by the second on another. On last visit I was doing some translation from my very limited Spanish to entertain my Ms who can speak very good Spanish.. made for a good breakfast
IMG_20181107_130351.jpg

I mean Jesus! You could probably find an article every year since 1989 about “how the party is over in Ibiza”.

There is nothing in that article that says the party is over. It’s simply reporting on facts. You can’t argue with anything they say in there. The truth is nightlife, and daylife, have been on a decline for quite some time.

I was wondering is there any numbers out for the 2018 season?

I've read alot of articles about numbers way down in July, but since than I could not find any numbers about august, september, october or globally the 2018 season...

Those numbers are always interesting to me.

For us, except Cocoon and KM5 (both end of July), we did not notice any reduction of crowd (everywhere we went was full or jam pack)

the hotel occupancy was 83,6%, 1% less than last summer.

source: IB3 TV
I assume a world cup effect in June/July.

Also, many of the complaints from restaurants and vendors seemed to be legit, and may have to do with the hollowing out of the upper/middle class visitor. ie.Similar overall numbers but visitors with fewer shekels to spend when they are there.

Interestingly, despite numbers being down for 2018, accommodation prices (hotels and apartments) seem a lot more expensive for 2019.

Back