*** ibiza 2018 observations ***

How is Eric Prydz night doing at Hï? Is it very/over crowded?

very busy yeah. maybe this coming tuesday not so much because it's resistance closing party with coxy (and this one will be v.busy) but generally prydz' night has been very busy all summer

very busy yeah. maybe this coming tuesday not so much because it's resistance closing party with coxy (and this one will be v.busy) but generally prydz' night has been very busy all summer

My wife would like to do it but she hates when it's overcrowded with no place to dance... So indeed most probably Resistance closing will get all the numbers on Tuesday...

It's not dead but I would say that it's the first year I have been to Ibiza and seen really quiet nights.... Pyramid was shocking considering it's in Amnesia of all places it was quite sad in a way

I feel there is possibly too much choice/too many clubs maybe for the numbers

You could knock a few nights on the head really and even the week out

I hear Sankeys keep cancelling their nights too is that due lack of numbers??

sankeys have had to cancel two nights because of hardware problems at the club.

as mentioned elsewhere, pyramid has indeed had a few very quiet dates. every year sees quiet nights, normally in places like es paradis, eden, privilege, sankeys or heart. but this year the island has been a little less busy while the number of parties has stayed the same so it‘s just logic that at some point even the big four start to feel it

I’m of that vintage. Lol about the heart attack! I was pleased survive another year. my reflection on Clockwork is in the past tense, not the retro fit model. It’s more a reflection on how the island has changed in some quarters. Music on has always had a similar crowd imo, others have followed suit unfortunately. The fun, up front, euphoric, hedonistic type of night that Clockwork offered just no longer exists and to be fair it hasn’t for years, but then neither has the music that was played there. It’s just one example.

Talking about nights, which ones do people here think have the most positive vibes? Did Carl Cox at Concorde in Brighton this Friday and never experienced such positivity. Everyone smiling, lots of cheering, no aggro, older crowd. Had the time of my life. I haven't experienced this in Ibiza yet, apart from maybe Bora Bora.

Where can I replicate that positive type of night on the island? I do think an older crowd are more likely there for the music rather than just to get a f***ed as possible, which makes a huge difference.

Talking about nights, which ones do people here think have the most positive vibes? Did Carl Cox at Concorde in Brighton this Friday and never experienced such positivity. Everyone smiling, lots of cheering, no aggro, older crowd. Had the time of my life. I haven't experienced this in Ibiza yet, apart from maybe Bora Bora.

Where can I replicate that positive type of night on the island? I do think an older crowd are more likely there for the music rather than just to get a f***ed as possible, which makes a huge difference.

Most people on here wouldn’t agree with me but most people outside this forum do, I find Music On had a really positive vibe when I went in July this year. Everyone there for the music, everybody dancing , cheering. Maybe it was a one off ? I’m going again in a few weeks I will let you know if it’s the same.

Cocoon gets a lot of love on here , I haven’t been to Cocoon since it’s been at Pacha . But I really enjoyed it when I experienced it at amnesia :)

I'm hoping Solomun + Bicep in a couple of weeks!

Back