*** ibiza 2018 observations ***

Not denying that if feels definitely quieter now than usual but saying it’s dead it’s maybe a bit extreme.
I wish it was easier to load a pic , I’m at cala Martina
There is 4 people on a table and me ,,
It’s 5:30 pm on a saturday

No premiership

All be it not much sun

I tell you it’s dead , it’s dead

Bossa was busy last night (Friday night ) , I’ll tell you what Elrow is like tonight,,

I live here , 365 ,, I’m not moaning I’m saying it’s dead . When bars shut for the year in September you know it’s been a Terrible year .

Please give me some examples of how it’s busy

Salines has been pretty busy all week, I had a walk around Dalt Vila the other day and still quite a few people around. Amnesia last night, even if nowhere near to extreme numbers of the past was still a pretty busy affair.

Last edited:
just to point out - no one denies it‘s quieter this season; I‘m the first one who‘s said this all summer long, but saying it‘s dead right now is just far from reality

I’m only in 1 bar now ,,,

Abode last Thursday 500 max in each room
Cookoo land 400
Pacha Friday 1500
@Vinyldreams ibz town has been really busy lately. that is just one example how it‘s not dead.
i was there yesterday morning

Storm coming but still Vera Del ray 11:30 am very quiet

Not to mention how many business had closed ..

There is half the big boat in port as there was last year .

Not sure why some are saying anything different

This is the ultimate gauge ,,

I drove from santa e - ibiza - santa e and didn’t get stuck in traffic !!!

When was the last time that happened??

Boat bookings are down
Villas are down

Please tell me exactly where the people are

@Vinyldreams I'm just repeating myself - no one denies it's quieter than last year and the one before - which both were absolute record years. but it's simply not dead. VDR at 11:30am is not a busy time and never has been. salinas on 8th september should still be busy, but 'rammo' it should have been in july and august...and maybe it wasn't which would actually confirm what all the hoteliers said, peak season is the one that mainly failed this year.

I drove sta E - ibz yesterday late afternoon and it was rammo as always on the road.

I'm not exactly sure what you want to bring up here, yes it is a quieter season than the last two or three, but it is simply far from 'dead'. the club nights you mentioned are all not the top nights of those venues neither so no no big surprise for me. so just it's clear, I am not trying to say it's full everywhere and everything's great, but the picture you are painting is not a realistic one either in my opinion.

@Vinyldreams I'm just repeating myself - no one denies it's quieter than last year and the one before - which both were absolute record years. but it's simply not dead. VDR at 11:30am is not a busy time and never has been. salinas on 8th september should still be busy, but 'rammo' it should have been in july and august...and maybe it wasn't which would actually confirm what all the hoteliers said, peak season is the one that mainly failed this year.

I drove sta E - ibz yesterday late afternoon and it was rammo as always on the road.

I'm not exactly sure what you want to bring up here, yes it is a quieter season than the last two or three, but it is simply far from 'dead'. the club nights you mentioned are all not the top nights of those venues neither so no no big surprise for me. so just it's clear, I am not trying to say it's full everywhere and everything's great, but the picture you are painting is not a realistic one either in my opinion.
It’s nice to have a discussion , I see only what I see ,

I get about a bit , not much

If you see it as not dead then that’s your opinion .

I’m really hoping tonight is busy in the clubs as I’m out

Other then what I see with my eyes my business gives me a good guage of what’s happening on and off the island .

Wether it’s the worst year or the best I hope it picks up and everyone makes a load of cash

I had to wait 20 mins for a table at Rita’s, they definitely weren’t dead!

Back