*** ibiza 2018 observations ***

There is no such thing as just pop to the toilet in dc10. Even if you did I know people who have been stopped coming out of a cubicle and had the same 50 Euro demand

That seems pretty extreme. I can't remember if I saw security inside the bathroom last time.

What I would add is it’s this sort of behaviour from security that leads to what we see happen at fabric a couple of years ago when those two young lads died. If younger people are worried of a shakedown and having to pay to stay in they will start double dropping pills in the cab on the way there not knowing the strength of what they are taking

I don't think DC10 is anywhere near strict enough to cause issues like that from my personal experience. On the door, they are no stricter than any other club on the island - the search upon entry is non-existent. I think its more just a case of the fact that they actively walk around the dancefloor trying to catch you in the act for a bribe; whereas most other clubs are nowhere near as active in this regard. Still, there are no issues with going into the toilet and doing it, so just be sensible (at least until the garden shuts and the inside is dark and packed ;)).

With Fabric it was the incredibly intense door searches which led to people taking too much before entering - and I can't see that ever being an issue in Ibiza.

Just do the quieter hours at DC. Go in early evening and leave when it gets too busy... says the man who's been there once. :lol: It was all pretty easy between 8 and just after midnight anyway.

The security in my experience and what I have witnessed have never asked for a bribe
A mate of mine had his stash slapped out of his hand and the security guard just walked away. I watched another pour contents onto the floor of another user
Could a bribe happen possibly but it isn't common from what I see and know of

Pills are not the issue at DC10. It is those that are with Ket or cocaine and to stay discreet is why the toilets are always so busy!! So no I don't think people would over do it before entry

I never understood people doing gear so openly. I was always terrified of being caught, slung out and a huge part of the Ibiza trip being ruined. Saying that, a funny story from many years ago in DC10. The receptionist at the hotel we were staying in at the time was lovely but wasn't great at her job. There were only about 10 rooms in the hotel and it wasn't that busy but she never really knew what was going on and could never remember what room we were staying in when we went to get the key. We went to the DC10 opening that year and right in the middle of the terrace dancefloor mid afternoon was our receptionist doing a rather large bump from her friends hand. It disappeared right up her hooter, she glanced up and saw me, paused, looked me in the eye, pointed at my face and said "209!". Bingo.

I never understood people doing gear so openly. I was always terrified of being caught, slung out and a huge part of the Ibiza trip being ruined. Saying that, a funny story from many years ago in DC10. The receptionist at the hotel we were staying in at the time was lovely but wasn't great at her job. There were only about 10 rooms in the hotel and it wasn't that busy but she never really knew what was going on and could never remember what room we were staying in when we went to get the key. We went to the DC10 opening that year and right in the middle of the terrace dancefloor mid afternoon was our receptionist doing a rather large bump from her friends hand. It disappeared right up her hooter, she glanced up and saw me, paused, looked me in the eye, pointed at my face and said "209!". Bingo.

Haha fantastic.

Might explain why she was never quite all there at work :D

I don't think DC10 is anywhere near strict enough to cause issues like that from my personal experience. On the door, they are no stricter than any other club on the island - the search upon entry is non-existent. I think its more just a case of the fact that they actively walk around the dancefloor trying to catch you in the act for a bribe; whereas most other clubs are nowhere near as active in this regard. Still, there are no issues with going into the toilet and doing it, so just be sensible (at least until the garden shuts and the inside is dark and packed ;)).

With Fabric it was the incredibly intense door searches which led to people taking too much before entering - and I can't see that ever being an issue in Ibiza.

Absolutely agree the security on the door at dc10 in my experience are there to check tickets only. I’ve never even had a pat down probably because they would rather catch you in the act for a few quid inside than take it at the door. I went twice last year start and end of season and both times I noticed the security actively seeking a chance to get money. I was followed into the toilet and the guy just stood in there while I pissed. As soon as I walked out so did he. I’ve had a mate come out a cubicle and the guy was stood there said you was doing drugs and asked for 50 Euro. Of course it’s not at the level of fabric yet but the fact we are discussing it here means it’s being noticed by clubbers as a problem and could lead to people overdoing it before going in

Absolutely agree the security on the door at dc10 in my experience are there to check tickets only. I’ve never even had a pat down probably because they would rather catch you in the act for a few quid inside than take it at the door. I went twice last year start and end of season and both times I noticed the security actively seeking a chance to get money. I was followed into the toilet and the guy just stood in there while I pissed. As soon as I walked out so did he. I’ve had a mate come out a cubicle and the guy was stood there said you was doing drugs and asked for 50 Euro. Of course it’s not at the level of fabric yet but the fact we are discussing it here means it’s being noticed by clubbers as a problem and could lead to people overdoing it before going in

I've never seen any security actively seek a bribe, but not denying that it happens - you must have "the look" mate :lol:

Also - for anyone moaning about having stuff taken off them or having to pay to stay in, remember you're doing something completely illegal. If you do decide to do it openly you need to be prepared take the consequences, regardless of how skint it makes you. A bit of common sense and discreetness goes a long way......

Relax! Dc10 staff are always nice afic!
Nicest staff security ever club in ibza, as they never check me at doors, pockets full of sugar candys, even when i was on free guestlist , they didnt ask for ID :cool:
Friend that was caught with drug for 1 week on her :rolleyes: was allowed to party dc10 opening 17 :D

I only take out what I need, plus a tiny bit more perhaps, and I don't dabble much in the expensive one. I think I'd just get turfed rather than pay to stay in.

I only take out what I need, plus a tiny bit more perhaps, and I don't dabble much in the expensive one. I think I'd just get turfed rather than pay to stay in.

The worst thing used to be a Monday when you had the Circoloco>Cocoon marathon. The ammunition needed for that doubleheader would always be a questionable amount to say the least - but needs must and all that :D

The worst thing used to be a Monday when you had the Circoloco>Cocoon marathon. The ammunition needed for that doubleheader would always be a questionable amount to say the least - but needs must and all that :D

Is there a recommended carry on for after Circo this season? (If you leave when it starts to get too packed.)

Back