Ibiza 2017 Top Tips

hannahlmoore

Hi all,

Apologies if this is the kind of thing that's been posted a million times, I'm new so forgive me ;)

I'm going to Ibiza this summer for the first time since I did a season a whole TEN YEARS ago!

We are staying in a villa about 4km away from Ibiza town, so it will be a much more relaxed affair than my San An days. As we're only there for 5 nights I want to make sure we chose wisely with what we do and it's been such a long time being there that I'm after some advice from you regulars.

Club nights: DC10 on the Mon is an absolute must for me, but now Space on a Sunday is out I am a bit stuck for ideas. Definitely prefer something a bit more underground vs the likes of Cream etc, and would keep away from anything that vaguely resembles EDM

Beaches: What beaches have the best vibe in the daytime?

Bars: Can see us doing less club nights and more bars, any recomendations of something fun and unpretentious? I've heard the gay bars in Ibiza town are really fun.

Sunsets: We used to go and sit in front of Mambos with a carton of Don Simon however I can imagine that being full of youngsters now, or is it ok? Where else is good to watch the sunset?

Essentially I just want to keep away from the nororious VIP culture and try to relive my old raving days :)

Cheers,
Hannah xxx

sunday night - solomun at pacha

beaches - depends, do you want crowded or quiet?

bars - do a crawl through ibiza town. 1805, paradise lost, tirapalla rooftop and of course a shot or two in any of the bars in calle de la virgen (which is the gay street).

sunsets - cala conta, cala tarida, cala d'hort are all great. benirras too but NOT on a sunday

When are you going?
Who with?

Things have changed and you have to be a bit cleverer these days

Thanks for the bar / sunset tips! I thought Pacha was closing?

Beaches - just want something really pretty with a bit of an atmosphere, and somewhere that's not going to be extortionate to have a couple of beers / lunch

@diver - there's 8 girls, all early thirties. It's actually my hen do but didn't want to put that incase I gave the impression of tacky fancy dress and penis straws as that will NOT be us!

Going Thurs 27th July for 5 nights.

pacha's not closing no.

just seen your dates, gonna be very busy everywhere then anyway.

I still like sa trinxa at the end of salinas beach for atmosphere, music and sangrias. and if I want it quiet, I go over to es cavallet

@diver - there's 8 girls, all early thirties. It's actually my hen do but didn't want to put that incase I gave the impression of tacky fancy dress and penis straws as that will NOT be us!

Going Thurs 27th July for 5 nights.

Well, of course you have to do Clockwork beach party on Sunday at PDB

Maybe hire a boat for the day with skipper, or even a sunset as the unit price comes down with 8 of you. If not then join others on the Pacha Sail boat.

If you get chance to go to Destino for an event then I would strongly advise heading up there.

as far as beaches go (as in the public ones for us mere mortals, not the ones which have been unofficially privatised)

beach (fun) - salinas
beach (quiet) - cala nova
beach (loco) - benirras
beach (loud) - cala bassa
beach (which isn't as good as it used to be) - cala gracio
beach (which looks ok but is actually dangerously close to the Jacaranda Lounge) - platja d'es canar
beach (which looks beautiful until you realise it's 80% rock 20% (occupied) sand) - cala comte (conta)
beach (which involves a lot of steps down a cliff) - aguas blancas
beach (where the choppy sea reminds you of home) - es figuerol
beach (which isn't a beach but rocks & by which point you're a bit lost and can't be arsed to drive any more) - cap martinet

+1 for Cala Comte (conta) a bit quiet but absolutely gorgeous and special and you get to visit the cirque de soleil maniacs sculptures right over the hill

sunset ashram is right around the block and def more of a scene with nice music, pretty folk, good food, beautiful beach and views

I'd make a memorable day out of those 2.

Pro tip, stop at the local super market on the way there and get some good fresh bread, fruits and drinks :)

Not Sunday? Is it too busy now? I wanted to take my mum this year to see the drummers as she's never been! We are going 26th August for 2 weeks.

it gets ridiculously busy on sundays these days.
drummers are often also there on other days. it might not be exactly the same, but at least you'll have some space on the beach. I'm serious.

it gets ridiculously busy on sundays these days.
drummers are often also there on other days. it might not be exactly the same, but at least you'll have some space on the beach. I'm serious.

Noted - thanks! We will go another day, it's such a beautiful beach, it would be a shame to not get to enjoy it properly.

Back