*** Ibiza 2017 observations ***

Just a data point, but I just booked Easyjet flights on the days and times I wanted for £110 from Gatwick to Ibiza, 3 weeks out from when I travel.

Hotels still a bit tricky and some very high priced 2*/3* options but confident if I hold off or contact some directly they'll bite my hand off. Also worth avoiding Booking.com as some of the chains are offering much bigger discounts to book direct. Always the case but the gulf seems bigger now

Just a data point, but I just booked Easyjet flights on the days and times I wanted for £110 from Gatwick to Ibiza, 3 weeks out from when I travel.

Hotels still a bit tricky and some very high priced 2*/3* options but confident if I hold off or contact some directly they'll bite my hand off. Also worth avoiding Booking.com as some of the chains are offering much bigger discounts to book direct. Always the case but the gulf seems bigger now

Also, some amazing BA prices in September & October. Bit like what people say about the hotels above, there may be quite a bit of free capacity

Also, some amazing BA prices in September & October. Bit like what people say about the hotels above, there may be quite a bit of free capacity

Yep, BA was £10 more but slightly later flights. Actually the return at mid-day ish would have been good, but the outbound would have meant a 5 hour wait at the airport if I had of gone straight from work...

more observations: pacha tickets for september and october (saturdays and sundays) have gone down 10€ and are now at 53/63€ which is closer to what other parties cost. as said elsewhere, anyone that has already bought a ticket for a higher price on spotlight shall simply cancel and rebook to benefit of the lower prices.

more observations: pacha tickets for september and october (saturdays and sundays) have gone down 10€ and are now at 53/63€ which is closer to what other parties cost. as said elsewhere, anyone that has already bought a ticket for a higher price on spotlight shall simply cancel and rebook to benefit of the lower prices.

Why don't they put those Maceo tickets down like they did a few weeks ago? Surely this would help fill the place more? Or are their numbers looking better?

Why don't they put those Maceo tickets down like they did a few weeks ago? Surely this would help fill the place more? Or are their numbers looking better?

If I knew somewhere was going to charge more and be less busy - I would pay the extra price

This is something I thought about and we spoke about after how ridiculous Circoloco and Elrow is

Would you pay an extra say 15/20euro for a ticket if you knew there was going to be less people?.... I know it wouldn't make commercial sense but it would 100% make for a better night.

No one can enjoy Elrow or DC10 and not sure about other people but all 9 of us have decided we will never entertain it and I wonder if others will do the same

@Life of Rye I get your point but I can only repeat that dc10 (on mondays that is, not on wednesdays for paradise) hasn't been as comfy as it is this summer in more than a decade - fact

I just don't get the busyness thing....there are only so many clubs and only so many months in the year when people can go to them. They're more than likely going to be busy no?

is the ticket availalbe b4 2 am policy of pacha is not applied at all, as ive noticed staff accept ticpre sale ticket at 3.00 for solomun + 1, and more a claiming policy in order to fill the club b4 2h00 am

is the ticket availalbe b4 2 am policy of pacha is not applied at all, as ive noticed staff accept ticpre sale ticket at 3.00 for solomun + 1, and more a claiming policy in order to fill the club b4 2h00 am

it's been like that forever, but if you're unlucky and the club is packed they will turn you away telling you 'see what's written on the ticket'

If I knew somewhere was going to charge more and be less busy - I would pay the extra price

This is something I thought about and we spoke about after how ridiculous Circoloco and Elrow is

Would you pay an extra say 15/20euro for a ticket if you knew there was going to be less people?.... I know it wouldn't make commercial sense but it would 100% make for a better night.

No one can enjoy Elrow or DC10 and not sure about other people but all 9 of us have decided we will never entertain it and I wonder if others will do the same

This was why I paid the extra for the balcony VIP ticket for Cream - just for the extra space! Although tbh the main dance floor didn't seem too bad this time round - definitely quieter than when I went a few years back.

On the flip side Paradise at DC-10 was just uncomfortable, there was barely any room on the floor to even sit outside at one point - made me feel quite edgy and couldn't fully relax and enjoy the night.

Trance Anthems at Es Paradis where there were probably no more than about 200 people at it's busiest was up there with the best nights I've ever had!

It's a peak Season thing. You honestly can't compare the experience on a rammed capacity night to one where there's room to dance, the answer is not going to the most popular parties on their busiest nights of the Season. You know exactly what's going to happen now if that's your first time experiencing that kind of overcrowding (also why so many of us avoid clubbing during the busiest weeks or pick quieter parties). Will say again, Circoloco and DC-10 Terrace when the numbers and crowd are right is absolutely amazing. On the busiest nights when dancing and moving around is next to impossible its hellish.

You honestly can't compare the experience on a rammed capacity night to one where there's room to dance, the answer is not going to the most popular parties on their busiest nights of the Season.
This is so bang on!! First experience of DC10 was the closing in 2015 and I arrived early at about 5pm and was really enjoying it ...

But at lets say 10pm the place got soooo busy, id never experienced anything like it, not a single pieces of floor space in any room to move so I had to leave and swore id never go back.

The next year I had friends persuade me into going back, the day after space closing, and it was completely different! Even though still busy it was bearable and I loved it! Only left because we was going Cocoon closing. Went again this year, Luciano night, and it was different again, nowhere near as busy as previous year and was comfortable all night until we left, even plenty of space to sit-down outside which I found to be a blessing!

I get what you trying to say but I don't agree, the prices are already quite high, increasing them again may not just reduce the numbers but also change the type of crowd, as in wealthier people only, no workers or common plebs like me.

I remember years ago that the musicians used to have an all-night jam on the full moon at an older musician's house just outside of San Antonio but I doubt they still do ....

Back