Ibiza 2012

Deano1974

Not been on this site properly for a while (or had the time to read peoples reviews :rolleyes:) or kept up with what Ibiza has to offer

I'm off to the isle for the first time since 2007, what differences can I expect in 4/5 years?

Not been on this site properly for a while (or had the time to read peoples reviews :rolleyes:) or kept up with what Ibiza has to offer

I'm off to the isle for the first time since 2007, what differences can I expect in 4/5 years?

To pay a $hit load more for your hotel.

By the way, welcome back.:)

Playa D'en Bossa has changed a hell of a lot in this time, in particular the part from Bora Bora to Space

Playa D'en Bossa has changed a hell of a lot in this time, in particular the part from Bora Bora to Space

for the better? as we stayed in PDB on our last visit and to say it 'needed updating' was an understatement......space and bora bora however were on it as ever :D!

aint been since 2009 but next year im off for maybe the last time! seriously counting down the days!

Playa d'en Bossa or Ibiza generally ?

Need to rekindle my love of the place.

...and with the price hikes, the alternative lairy crowd will be going elsewhere.

I can't bear VIP culture.

But to caveat that statement - it still ranks as one of the most beautiful places in the world. 8)

More commercial in attitude and personality.

More Spanish, Italian and Dutch people visiting.

Growth of the All Inclusive market.

San Antonio changing for the better and there are some progressive initiatives emanating from there. The small and friendly Hotel concept is an excellent one.

Noise pollution laws strictly enforced.

New Motorway between Ibiza town and San Antonio.

Cant go topless on the streets any more.

Daytime and evening parties are now popular. 4pm starts at Zoo Project and Ushuaia. Ibiza Rocks kicks off at 7pm.

Live music making a big comeback Ibiza Rocks setting the trends in that area. The Urban sound is also trying to make an impact but not as successful.

Manumission is no more. Ibiza Rocks has evolved from it.

Ibiza is now a playground for the rich. The mega yachts and Paris Hilton types are now regular visitors.

Lio is now the Old Il Divino. The club is gone to be replaced by a robata grill and an upmarket pre party Cabaret/ Burlesque show.

Olly is gone.

More commercial in attitude and personality.

More Spanish, Italian and Dutch people visiting.

Growth of the All Inclusive market.

San Antonio changing for the better and there are some progressive initiatives emanating from there. The small and friendly Hotel concept is an excellent one.

Noise pollution laws strictly enforced.

New Motorway between Ibiza town and San Antonio.

Cant go topless on the streets any more.

Daytime and evening parties are now popular. 4pm starts at Zoo Project and Ushuaia. Ibiza Rocks kicks off at 7pm.

Live music making a big comeback Ibiza Rocks setting the trends in that area. The Urban sound is also trying to make an impact but not as successful.

Manumission is no more. Ibiza Rocks has evolved from it.

Ibiza is now a playground for the rich. The mega yachts and Paris Hilton types are now regular visitors.

Lio is now the Old Il Divino. The club is gone to be replaced by a robata grill and an upmarket pre party Cabaret/ Burlesque show.

Olly is gone.

Quite honestly it all sounds really MTV.

=> N.E.X.T

(unless anyone can convince me otherwise?*)

* Might be worth booking a yoga holiday sometime though.

Quite honestly it all sounds really MTV.

=> N.E.X.T

(unless anyone can convince me otherwise?*)

* Might be worth booking a yoga holiday sometime though.

Oh Yes!

MTV is back on the Island again Fridays at Amnesia :)

I still like Ibiza, enough to go back every 2 or 3 years.

That said, for clubbing I'd rather go to my local, The Arches. :lol:

I've not been since 2009, and that trip was just ok imo.

I'm almost scared to go back again because I'm worried it won't be the same as when I went from 2001 - 2008. I had the BEST times there ever, but after going in 2009 in had changed, the laws were so strict, we were leaving a club at 6am and everything was shut! I've heard things are a bit more relaxed now. I dunno....

I think the main part of Ibiza is who you go with, you make your own party so to speak. I'll definitely go back. Probably in 2013 - yikes!

Back