ibiza 2007 season blowout - closing party reviews (continuous)

meganite closing (privilege) wed, sep 19

got there at around 1:30am and gabry fasano was dropping a very good techhouse set in the already very busy main room. many more people arrived, privilege really was very busy last night! then riccardo ferri was doing his live set (which i thought was a bit average, lack of energy). so off to cocoloco room where mr. ibizaglobalradio toni moreno was playing - cool stuff, again techhousey. went back to the main room a bit after 3am where john aquaviva had taken over - and he was the highlight for me last night. a brilliant electro-techno set, raw stuff with a lot of power and the crowd went off properly. also saw a lot of familiar faces at this party, nice to see you all guys! mr meganite himself, mauro picotto, then took over at around 4 and steered his own partyship home...ciao ciao meganite, ci vediamo l'anno prossimo!

Very disappointed in Cream closing last night. Started good but then decended into utter rubbish, It all started going wrong after PVD played the orginal Greece 2000 mix... and then as soon as Darude - Sandstorm came on we knew it was time to go home. It had turned into a school disco.

Ontop of this the place was absolutely rammed, no room to breath let alone dance. Definately no Armada closing where Armin played an absolutely stonking set which was quite possibly the best night of my life. This ontop of the fact we saw him play a 30 minute set at the Kanya pre party in front of maybe 25 people and we were in touching distance. A taster of how good the rest of the night would be.

cocoon closing (amnesia), mon 24 sep

amnesia opened already at 23h and so we also got there quite early, i think we got in at 0:30h. the main room was already very busy (with richie playing) and the terrace was just getting busy (raresh warming up). by two, amnesia was full and by three, packed. but it wasn't as bad as i had expected and never as bad as back in 2005. one good thing about the night was, that they gave stamps from early on so you could go out and in again as you please!

we stayed mostly on the terrace and enjoyed energetic sets from ricardo and luciano, really much more pumping than the usual minimal stuff. luciano's two last hours were brilliant and he closed the terrace at 8:30am this morning with the classic tune "the ride of the walkure"! (= "bolero")

the afterparty...
if you were one of the 500 lucky guys that got an invitation in the morning (i wasn't one of them...), then you still had to drive across the island to catch two more invitations. only if you had all three invitations you were directed to the afterparty...which, at the moment, probably is still going on!

Last edited by a moderator:
3 invitations! That is dedication to the cause. Lets just hope the police didnt close it down after 5 mins!!

Cocoon last week left me speachless so can only imagine how good the closing party was!

...the afterparty...
if you were one of the 500 lucky guys that got an invitation ...
then you still had to drive across the island to catch two more invitations.
only if you had all three invitations
you were directed to the afterparty...

imagine this mindless environmental pollution caused by dozens
or maybe even hundreds of cars driving across the island
only to get these silly invitations ...

danny tenaglia "ace of clubs" closing (space) tue, sep 25

arrived there at around two and spent more than an hour talking to spotlighters on the sunset terrace (which worked as a bar). hallo ibiza4life und ramona, bonjour moha, hello londoners (barbie&tom, jinja, ferd&barry, robbieG, pids, dan x...have i forgotten anyone?) - nice to see you all guys! :D

then i finally made my way inside the discoteca, just to hear the last two tunes of mr digweed, which i liked. a friend of mine (who's not a spotlighter and so directly went inside when we arrived) was full of good words about digger's set.

then it was danny tenaglia's turn. i liked what i've heard, proggy stuff mixed up with tribal and techy tunes. in a way his night had a similar energy as cox' ones, just a tad softer (and less packed...which isn't too bad tbh). i left quite soon then, i finally had to get some sleep. looking at the schedule, i suppose i won't get much nighttime sleep from tomorrow night onwards... ;)

monza closing (privilege) thu, sep 27

hm. same affair in privilege main room as it was the case on amnesia terrace a few days ago for cocoon closing because it's the same dj's? (ricardo villalobos and luciano) no, my friends. monza closing was A LOT better. to be honest, it was the best closing party up till now!

arrived at around 2am and soon ricardo and luciano started to play b2b (i don't know who had played before, a dj from mallorca i heard, but i can't remember his name). liked their stuff a lot and also barem's live thing from about 4 to 5 was good. after that, it was luciano alone till 8am and these 3 hours were just :D:D8)8):twisted::twisted: the club at that point was really really busy (i think they even could have openend the back room for that night) and everyone was having a blast, great atmosphere, loads of familiar faces, loads of fun - basically, as i said, a highlight in the closing party period!!!!

does anyone know who's the producer of luciano's fave track "chymera"? is it produced by himself? can't find a lot of info about this track on the net, but he's playing it every night at the moment and it's just AMAZING!!!! :D

the afterparty...
YES - finally i've been lucky to be able/allowed to go to an afterparty. it took place very much in the north of the island, on a terrace of a villa on a hill with nice views of the surrounding area (and seaview as well). took some pictures, i'll upload them at some point. couldn't stay very long but when we left soon after noon-time, there were still loads of people arriving and i think it went on for hours and hours...oooh monza - simply one of my fave parties this summer and they closed in style! 8)

edit - here are some pictures of the afterparty...
281104366.jpg

281104365.jpg

281104364.jpg

Edit 2 monza closing:
For all those who haven’t had enough of monza yet, they’re adding one more racing night, Thursday october 4th at HEAVEN Ibiza, with troy pierce, matt john, bruno monteverde, rené and y.e.p. playing!

privilege closing, friday sep 28

second visit to privilege within 24 hours...okay, to be honest i was already very tired of the parties earlier this week and the fact i hadn't slept a second since thursday morning, but because many friends were going and i just wanted to see the club fully opened an ultima vez this year, i somehow made my way there around two. the club was just getting busy by that time and i enjoyed another few hours there...the zoo project (hi defex) peeps were hosting the backroom with their powerful dirty sounds and this floor and was visited by loads of workers, friends and islanders. hello guys - hope you're not leaving yet now!​

the cocoloco was hosted by the global radio guys (hermanos moreno, jose maria ramon etc.) and they played more an "elegant" and smooth side of house music which fitted the floor perfectly imo.​

the main room, which was also very busy, had the resident cesar del rio playing first and after that, dj oliver. both played nice sets of mostly big 2007 hits. and yes, this spectacular (and scandalous!) theatre group "la fura dels baus" made a final appearance in the main room as well, chasing people all through the main room, pulling of their clothes and then putting them on the podiums all naked :lol: people got so scared and ran away :lol: but if you knew the guys they were chasing were part of the group you could enjoy watching it and have a big laugh! :lol: in fact, i hope they're coming back next year, they really added a nice "arty" touch to the parties i've seen when they performed. (and no, getting people naked isn't the only thing they do, they can actally behave as well)​

i don't know yet how long the party went on, i guess till around 9 or 10am, but at some point i just had to leave, i was too tired. and now i slept all saturday and am ready for more! :twisted:

Amnesia closing, Saturday sep 29
Knowing that amnesia closing always goes on till really late, we decided leaving most of the night-time session and only arrived there at 6am. First thing I noticed when we got in is that we therefore missed dj t and booka shade (live), which had played between 01:30 – 04:30 and that was bit of a pity. but we were there for fun and so we first went into the mainroom, where Robbie Rivera was playing. In all amnesia, there was an amazing vibe and everyone was having a wicked time. the hours flew by…I remember seeing Mar-T playing brilliant techhouse on the terrace (and later even trancey stuff in the main room), hearing Les Schmitz dropping “Yeke Yeke” in the main room at some point. From about 9am onwards, we almost only stayed in the terrace where marco carola played a blinder of a set. Richie Hawtin and Ricardo Villalobos were listed to play from 11am onwards, but when they didn’t arrive till noon-time, many folks began to doubt they would turn up at all. So when at around 1:30pm two guys, a blonde one and one with dark hair, eventually stumbled into the dj booth of amnesia terrace, the crowd went mental! Yes, marco carola had played an amazing 5hr set (thumbs up!!!) and got loads of cheers when he ended more than two hours later than programmed, but still, everyone wanted to hear R&R. and no, they really didn’t disappoint. They played a brilliant techy set with all the tunes you could hear almost every Monday daytime at dc10 and nighttime at cocoon. But even they managed to drop “Yeke Yeke” (another remix though) at around 3pm on a vibrant terrace. So when someone cut the power at 4:30pm, huge cheers from the remaining amnesia lovers followed…and I think R&R would have continued playing for some hours if they would have let them! Conclusion: another awesome closing party with an unique atmosphere. If you’re here next year during the closings, then do NOT miss this one…

281103096.jpg

281103101.jpg

After a pit-stop at bar flotante in Talamanca, an urgently needed shower, fresh clothes and a quiet hour, it was time to continue, so we went to…

We love closing (space) Sunday sep 30
We were in by 9pm and went to the sunset terrace first, which was VERY busy. too busy honestly, but still, we managed to find some places where you could dance more or less. Dj oliver was playing and basically played all the 2007 house/electro hits. Nothing groundbreaking for us, but the crowd seemed to like it. Sunset terrace closing belonged once again to tom novy. Hmmm…I hope he digs deeper in his record bag for next Sunday, when he’s playing at space closing, because his set last night didn’t convince me at all. Sure, he had some hits (genesis, greece3000,…) and played about 2 tunes which sounded new to me, but for the rest…really average. The only good thing was the end – first knights of the jaguar and then with or without you by U2 with all the terrace singing along. A real goosebump moment for me, reflecting so many Sunday nights on the terrace and so many amazing memories with it. I enjoyed this in a corner of the terrace by my own and yes I did have wet eyes at some point. so hopefully tom novy will deliver a blinder next sunday as he did for space closing last year - this set was amazing!

Ok…the sunset terrace was closed now. What now? Groove armada were playing in the main terrace. Hm, first of all, I’ve never been a fan of GA (and I probably never will be) and second, also this terrace was (after sunset terrace had closed) incredibly busy. so when I found my friends again (after saying hi to ramon castells, who again was on duty in El Salon), we went into the discoteca, where first David Carretta and then DJ Hell played very, very good techy stuff. Liked this lots! Later we got very tired very quickly (ok, we’ve been up for almost 24hrs and dancing three quarters of that) so we only shortly went back to the main terrace where David Guetta still was dropping his stuff (which was too commercial for me). All in all, the hours we spent at we love closing weren’t that amazing. Maybe it was because both terraces were just too busy, maybe because we were tired – or a combination of both. But still, I had many great Sunday afternoons and nights at space this summer, so I’ll surely be back there some time next year!!!

I was only able to catch a few closing parties this year (Carl Cox, People from Ibiza) as this was my first year to Ibiza.......Next year planning for a Month long trip and after reading these reviews it will be well worth it..Thanks for partying so hard in order to post some great info8)

monday october 1 - circoloco at dc10 - not the closing, but still an exceptional one with richie hawtin and ricardo villalobos playing from 6pm onwards till the very end on the terrace. and no guys, the end wasn't at midnight this time. i left at 1am and friends told me that the terrace stayed open till 3am! :eek: musically, definitely one of the best ever dc10 sessions. harder and darker than usual, but still amazing!

tuesday october 2 - "la rocca" party at cap d'es falco - started at noon and went on till midnight. we went around sunset (which unfortunately was completely hidden behind the many clouds) and enjoyed a good cocktail and the laidback atmosphere there. nice music (thanks to the dj for dropping "faxing berlin" by deadmau5 when it got dark - loved it!!!), some people dancing while others just chilled and had a chat on the sofas...a cool and quiet-ish party!

I really need to see a hawtin & Villalobos terrace set before I pop my clubbing clogs 8)

Back