Ibiza 1st-4th August

FrancoBaresi

Hi Guys,

Thought i'd put a little review on of my trip last weekend, it was my 3rd trip to Ibiza, the first being in 1999, and second being in 2005. 17 of us flew in to Ibiza from Gatwick on Saturday landing at 2230, David Walliams and Sadie frost were on the flight, Walliams sporting a nice big black eye??!! after a 20 minute wait we all jumped in a taxi down to the Bon Sol Apartments in Playa Den Bossa, Rooms were very basic but cheap and cheerful (air con was a god send) and in a decent location for everything in PDB. We had pre booked Tickets for Radio One Cream @ Privilege on spotlight, we got up to the club about 1am and the queue was already massive, It was hard to find the pre booked entrance but when we did, it only took 5 mins to get in, happy days! 10 years since I last set foot in Privilege and I was so exctied coming down the top steps from the dome down into the club, still a great sight! Being a Radio One night, a lot of the upper level of the club had been cordoned off for VIP which was a shame, by 0230 it became so busy in there that you litterally could not move around the club which was a bit of a blow for me as some of the lads were down in the 2nd room but I couldn't get down there. I enjoyed Laidback Luke and Pete Tong, By the time Prydz came on in the main room it had thinned out nicely and there was plenty of room to dance (approx 0430 I think) we finally left the place at about 0600 and got outside to see the biggest taxi queue ever, we decided to get down to the main road, and got an illigal taxi for 40Euro between 5 of us, normal price would have been 15 euro approx. Next day after a poor nights kip thanks to the pips we scored (blue mickey mouse AVOID) we stumbled down to Pago Pago beach bar for some grub and orange juice!! Sandwiches were nice and the view of the sea was lovely. Managed to grab 2 more hours kip in the afternoon, then sorted ourselves out to hit Bora Bora. Got down there about 1800 on the Sunday, my first time there so nothing to compare it to in terms of previous years, It was pretty busy at six and a good atmosphere with some good tunes pumping out, it was noticable that there were hardly any british people there, they pulled up the blue screens about 1900 and we decided to leave for Space about 20.00, we scored our tickets in the shop on the main road for 55 euro which didn't get us a pass out or a free drink! on arrival I was suprised how few people were in there, being August and all, the sunset terrace was half full. It really got going about 2100 and Jason Bye had the terrace rocking, we spent some good time up on the premier etage enjoying the late night sun. Back down to the Sunset Terrace and Alfredo finished it off nicely, we then moved accross to the Terrezza which didn't really seem to get going for the whole time I was in there, it seemed half full and a bit flat, only my opinion of course. We then moved into the Discoteque for about 12.30 and stayed there listening to Zabiela & Dj Hell, felt shattered at about 0300 so decided to walk home, the old 2-cb's were playing havoc with the floor moving and the bushes chasing me down the road!! lol
Managed to get some good sleep and woke up about Midday which was a right result, had a few nice hours down by the pool then we all got ourselves together for Cocoon, this was the night where it was billed as starting at 1800. we bought tickets for 45 euro, and got up to Amnesia for 1845, it was obvious as soon as we got out of the taxi that it was dead up there. We queued for 10 minutes for some reason, and got let in to discover that no-one was in there, Cassy Played from 1900 till 2230 in front of no-one basically. the offer of half priced drinks before 12 seemed to vary from bar to bar, don't think we paid the same price for a drink all night! After a few hours chatting with the lads sat down, Vath came on at about 2230 in front of about 400 people, the night then kicked off nicely and by about 0100 the club was incredibly busy! by 0230 you could barely get from one side to the other and as i'd been in there so long I decided to shoot off, to my suprise as i left there was 2 queues outside trying to get in, one queue must have been 300 strong and they were crushing against the gates trying to get in!! madness.
We had a nice day on the Tues chilling by the Pool, we had a full english at Passion down by Space, the food was very nice (and pricey) service was on the slow side though.
Flight home was at 22.55 so had plenty of time to chill before travelling which was a result.
All in all I had a great weekend, went too fast, Enjoyed all three night for different reasons, Perhaps it was the nights I chose to do but the number of brits there seemed to be very low?! The weekend cost me £1200 including flights & digs so not a cheap trip by any means, but we did go full blast on everything for the whole time we were there! :D

thanks for the great review. Glad you enjoyed it.

same things happening in reviews - empty early on in clubs, but then the other extreme peak time (cocoon)

**** pills also seem the order of the day

It's still class out there, I think the quality of drugs out there at the moment is a lot to do with the clubs emptying out earlier than you'd expect, that was definately the case for our lot, do your research before going out, I had a great time in Space on the Sunday but without doubt the vibe of people getting on it early doors seems to have gone missing!

Good review

Thats very odd

Yeah, I thought so! We were given a flyer by a lady on the street saying hand it in at the bar for a free drink and she signed it and wrote a number on it, once we got in there they didnt accept it! ha
In all fairness I didn't try the pass out personally, one of my mates did and he said they wouldn't have a bar of it.

It's still class out there, I think the quality of drugs out there at the moment is a lot to do with the clubs emptying out earlier than you'd expect, that was definately the case for our lot, do your research before going out, I had a great time in Space on the Sunday but without doubt the vibe of people getting on it early doors seems to have gone missing!

What colur are recommending?? Pink? Stay away from blue?

What happened to a good old white Dove

I think the quality of things is def having an effect on the atmosphere in clubs this year- a lot of people walking around dazed and confused, and leaving early

Ive been informed to avoid hammers and spanners or any other garden tools for that matter but green rolexes are good lol gonna have a look at that sight, what an organised holiday this is going to be :D

That site is extremely useful. Be sure not to take those reports as fact though. They are just very good indicators on what to look for / avoid. Check to see if they are Reagent Tested and take a look at the comments.

It is interesting what some of you said about it affecting the vibe. I could tell who was on what by just looking at them, and unfortunately not enough were on the good stuff.

good review bud and some good info on gear

due to hammers and spanners i have been of the gear for 8 months in n ireland
these things r pure trips fuking joke the es knocking about r shocking.........
but for 75p what do you expect

Ive been informed to avoid hammers and spanners or any other garden tools for that matter but green rolexes are good lol gonna have a look at that sight, what an organised holiday this is going to be :D

Rollex's were almost impossible to get hold of, best the lads could find in PDB was Merc's and NO1's. Have a great trip!! good luck! :lol:

I think I might just stick to wonkey it's easier :D

Wonkey???

The general consensus from what i could tell on the website was to go for:

Pink swirls\equinox's; Green Rolex's; Pink Love hearts, Pink No: 1's; 007's.

Avoid: Spanners 7 Hammers; Blue Mickey Mouse; Diamonds.

Very difficult to get hold of those you mentioned. Green lions are brilliant, but I paid 12 euro for them. Rather have that than the other cheap rubbish floating around.

Very difficult to get hold of those you mentioned. Green lions are brilliant, but I paid 12 euro for them. Rather have that than the other cheap rubbish floating around.

12 Euro!!! OMG, About the only thing you could want, where you don't want prices from 20 years ago!!

Back