> Ibiza 123 Rocktronic Festival

I might go today to see it again. I did buy a 3 day pass so i guess i might as well use it.

Go again, of course.
Really. I was not exaggerating earlier. Lenny is one of the best live rock acts out there.
Some other good stuff today as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Go again, of course.
Really. I was not exaggerating earlier. Lenny is one of the best live rock acts out there.
Some other good stuff today as well.

I will. Lenny isn't an act i would normally go and see so I think I might head down in the evening to check it out :)

. loll

Then Steve Angello entered the stage. I can't believe how bad he has become. The whole set was not believable, played with no love. Worst act I had ever seen. I left 3 songs into his act. I just couldn't handle it. I can't believe this fool actually got paid for his set. He is a train wreck.

Firstly, his stage production that included confetti, fireworks those ice cannon thingies, fireworks, etc were just ridiculous. Most of it didn't even go off when it was meant to. It didn't make the performance any better. It was all just unnecessary and there in the name of disguise to truly show how crap he is.

I have to agree with yiu in that. I am leaving tomorrow, and was upset to miss the SHM opening by just one day, so i went to see Sebastian Ingrosso at Pacha last friday and he was amazing! Didn'nt stop moving, jumping, dancing and communicating with the crowd.
Yesterday i went with the same expectations from Angello but was so dissapointed...
It was dull, boring and very short - 40 min only!
I left with a very bad taste... but not for long cause we went straight to ASOT, and Armin Van Buuren never dissapoints!

Any smart producer can create that illusion. Theatres do it all the time.
You simply need to move everything closer together (vip area) and you create the illusion that its rammed, when in fact the site had been compressed down due to ticket sales.

Thanks for the photography lesson spaceman - now would you like a punctuation and grammar lesson? :D

Thanks for the photography lesson spaceman - now would you like a punctuation and grammar lesson? :D

Its a forum dude. Relax :)

ps. I never provided a photography lesson. I was merely pointing out that visually you can create the illusion of a busy festival by shrinking its size and spacing it out with bars and VIP areas. and thats exactly what they did. A smart move.

Im not complaining about that. Im just sick of hearing all the yes men talking about how packed it was. IT WASNT

8)8)

At last some fresh air on here
Fresh air? Hardly.
A bit tired of hearing about everything they supposedly did wrong. :confused:
I'm firmly in the "good thing for Ibiza" camp... and I think they deserve a little slack since it's the first time around.

Fresh air? Hardly.
A bit tired of hearing about everything they supposedly did wrong. :confused:
I'm firmly in the "good thing for Ibiza" camp... and I think they deserve a little slack since it's the first time around.

I would expect the majority on here are all in the "good thing for Ibiza" camp. I can assure you I am.

The fact that we are disputing here is the number of people present at the festival.

Not running it down in any way. Just want to make that fact clear....

I would expect the majority on here are all in the "good thing for Ibiza" camp. I can assure you I am.

The fact that we are disputing here is the number of people present at the festival.

Not running it down in any way. Just want to make that fact clear....

I agree.

... Then Steve Angello entered the stage.
I can't believe how bad he has become.
The whole set was not believable, played with no love.
Worst act I had ever seen.
I left 3 songs into his act.
I just couldn't handle it.
I can't believe this fool actually got paid for his set.
He is a train wreck.

Firstly, his stage production that included confetti, fireworks those ice cannon thingies,
fireworks, etc were just ridiculous.
Most of it didn't even go off when it was meant to.
It didn't make the performance any better.
It was all just unnecessary and there in the name of disguise to truly show how crap he is ...

:twisted:

:eek:

... in fact the site had been compressed down due to ticket sales.
... I would say there was 3,500 people there
and that is being very generous ...

i saw Lenny earlier this year.... he's one of my fav artists of any genre. would be awesome to see him again... really curious what he's going to do with Luciano.

and BTW, the Coachella festival lost $$$ for years before finally turning a profit... and they are always learning things to do better. i'd give this festival some slack for being in its first year.

the concert of kravitz was the best one of the whole festival, simply perfect

shame 123 is over, i wouldn't mind going again tomorrow ! !

the concert of kravitz was the best one of the whole festival, simply perfect

shame 123 is over, i wouldn't mind going again tomorrow ! !

Yea heard it was a different crowd present for lenny.

What was your top 3 performances of the festival?

i notice the ddi have made a quick change to their headline about neil rogers - woops - that's nile rodgers

Back