I Dont Belive What Just Happened.

Bez

No longer active
I have just had a comment I made about a lost dog taken down from a thread.

It was a humorous comment made about looking for a lost dog in a Chinese restaurant.

I would like to know WHY this comment was removed when other more Vulgar and more nasty comments about Steven Gately were not.

Is this site seriously saying that a Dog is more important and sensitive than the death of a Human????:evil::evil::evil::evil::evil:

COMEON PEOPLE SORT THIS TYPE OF CENCORSHIP OUT. THERE SEEMS TO BE TOO MANY MODERATORS ON HERE.

THERE SHOULD BE ONE RULE FOR EVERYBODY.

or are there seperate ones for dogs????

Well, firstly, it's culturally inaccurate. As far as I know, the Chinese don't eat dog.
Koreans do. I've had the soup. Tastes like beef.

Plus, while none of us know Gately, this guy whose dog you mocked is a poster here on the forum :confused:

You either allow Free Speech or you dont........

You cannot have one set of rules for one group of people and another set for others.

The Nazis tried that and it didnt quiet work out for them.

Last edited by a moderator:
well, we've seen it all this week

racism
homophobia
misogyny
antipodean bashing

and now

someone's gone and twisted bez 's melons !

You either allow Free Speech or you dont........

You cannot have one set of rules for one group of people and another set for others.

The Nazis tried that and it didnt quiet work out for them.
Only because they started invading their neighbours. I don't think this site is about to invade Poland any time soon.

A blind man was waiting to cross the road when his guide dog peed on his leg.

He reached into his pocket and took out a biscuit for the dog.

A passerby who'd seen everything remarked, "That's very tolerant of you after what he just did."

"Not really," came the reply.

"I'm just finding out where his mouth is, so I can kick him in the nuts."

It was a humorous comment made about looking for a lost dog in a Chinese restaurant.

I would like to know WHY this comment was removed when other more Vulgar and more nasty comments about Steven Gately were not.

Is this site seriously saying that a Dog is more important and sensitive than the death of a Human????:evil::evil::evil::evil::evil:

COMEON PEOPLE SORT THIS TYPE OF CENCORSHIP OUT. THERE SEEMS TO BE TOO MANY MODERATORS ON HERE.

Could you re-post? I'm interested. Do you know the song they sing about Sun Ji Park?

Park, Park, wherever you may be,
You eat dogs in your home country!
It could be worse, you could be a Scouse,
Eating rats in your council house!

http://www.spotlight-forums.com/showthread.php?t=63679

Above is the Thread. Somebody upset about loosing their Dog.

I made a comment that maybe you should check out the Local Chinese Restaurant.

Post was removed.

Just goes to show how some people think.

A Family looses their son and brother to a tradegy and there is a thread of jokes about his death.....not one removed.

A lady looses her dog in Ibiza.......one joke made and that "offending insult" is removed.

I over-reacted a bit but double standards and hypocrisy really makes my blood boil.

A Family looses their son and brother to a tradegy and there is a thread of jokes about his death.....not one removed.
If it makes you feel any better, I thought some of the Gately jokes were over the line too. I would have removed them... but no one's seen fit to make me a mod. :confused:

I noticed your post about the dog was removed before you did. I have to admit I was happy it was gone.

because i'm the mod on here and i like dogs.

If it makes you feel any better, I thought some of the Gately jokes were over the line too. I would have removed them... but no one's seen fit to make me a mod. :confused:

I noticed your post about the dog was removed before you did. I have to admit I was happy it was gone.

i didn't see what was written, but the key difference with that thread and the stephen gately thread (as pointed out by buckley) is that the latter is classic internet fodder concerning a person, or people close to him, that will never read it nor be affected by it....no matter how bad taste.

the lost dog thread was a personal appeal at a local level, where the people most greatly affected will be reading.

quite a crucial difference. i actually think if there was a thread about someone's death on here, where the person who'd died was in some way close to or personal to, etc, etc a board member, then the rest of the board would respect that. in fact, many times when someone of note has died, the board has self-regulated itself with regard to respect for that person.

not sure anyone can make a case for stephen gately being quite that significant/important (and yes i know he was a human being and somebody's son/brother, etc, etc)

Back