How To Avoid The Downside Of Returning Home After Ibiza

Ibiza-girlie

Every single time I feel like sobbing and coming home isn´t easy!!
Everything feels boring and knowing that you´re not going to be there for another 11 months or so - is killing me!
Summers almost over when I get home and there´s only winter to look "forward" to...
How do you guys deal with coming back again????

plenty of prozac :D

na, i normally start eating loads of fruit and start going gym again so i feel good about myself. Then start planing nights out again with my mates. Otherwise, if I have nothing planned ill probably start getting well depressed.

ooh thats a tough one ibiza girlie!
i try and hold on to my memories as much as possilbe, get photo's developed, relive the memories by telling as many people as you can about your hols,
and definately try and plan something soon, like a good club night out in the not too distant future,

i know all this sounds not so great, but small things you do help.
most of all try and think +++++postively about what an amazing time you had, and that you will have it all to come again soon (months just fly by don't they? :rolleyes: )

good luck though!

Get home and book another trip straight away!!!!!

That way

a) You'll be safe in the knowledge that you will be back again!

b) You can start paying it off in advance so you can save your spending money up nearer the time!

8)

Other than that, just cry yourself to sleep and get drunk a lot!

I normally get so depressed on the last night but last year we found the way forward and went out clubbing til the very last minute so there was no time to get depressed :p Altho I'm suprised they actually let me on the plane the state I was in :eek:

I'll be ok when I get back in July cos I know that in 10wks or whatever I am going back :D September is worse cos you know that's it until next June :cry: but I just get round it by planning loads of wkends. This year we're going to do Southport Weekender at end of October so that will give us something to look forward to :D And I always book next year's trip as soon as I get back, so at least there is a little light at the end of the tunnel lol :p

With great difficulty!

The first season I worked in Ibiza I came home around mid September and was the surprise guest at my Nana's 75th birthday party! No one except my Mum knew I was coming home. I’d been in Ibiza for 4 ½ months and had literally stepped of the plane about 3 hours when I had to face every single one of my relatives! :eek:

After being away for that long it is near impossible to get the place out your mind. I still talk about it every single day and I’m constantly checking the weather, looking at web cam pictures and looking back at old photographs. Every time I’m with friends I was over with its just one big trip down memory lane. It must be so boring for the people who weren’t there listening to us go on about it the way we do.

all these answers are really helpful. I usually plan my trips shortly after i get home and save up some money. put all my leftover coins in a huge jar and this time we´ve collected well over 4500 danish kroner, thats ehmmm....600 euros, thats pretty o.k! need another 600 and then we´ll be good to go!

more answers are welcome

That's what is so good about going for the closing parties in September as you know that you can't really return until next year, at least not for the clubs.

Still gets you down having to return to Scotland and it's rubbish weather, bt at least you'll have the best (real) tan!

Damn, i know this is going to be one of the hardest things to deal with. Like Barbie i do intend to club it to the last possible minute but i hope i can cope when i get back. :rolleyes: Good luck Dan!

me too im just going to have to get sober once i get home, to avoid the bummer-feeling of standing at the check-in counter in the airport on my way home!! uhhh bummer feeling

dance4life said:
Damn, i know this is going to be one of the hardest things to deal with. Like Barbie i do intend to club it to the last possible minute but i hope i can cope when i get back. :rolleyes: Good luck Dan!

Are you flying back to Canada?? That's going to be a killer, the 2 hour flight for us is bad enough but if I had a long flight like you I think I'd be in pieces :eek:

We fly back early hours of Tues morning so will be spending the last day at DC10 and then onto Bora Bora to throw a few final moves :p At which point my b/friend will have to get me in a headlock and drag me into a taxi for the airport :p ;)

hihi headlock??
Well 2 hours from Iibza to UK cant really do it, try 3 instead, i flew to Stansted I believe, it was a 3 hour flight, but didnt make it any easier!

.... have applied for a job ... If I get it then I am booking a week out there for the closing parties!

oh dear take me with you!
i just dont know how to deal with it.....
i hate getting back....
i never want to leave,

AND IM SERIOUSLY CONCIDERING BUYING A SMALL HACIENDA THERE!

Barbie said:
dance4life said:

Are you flying back to Canada?? That's going to be a killer, the 2 hour flight for us is bad enough but if I had a long flight like you I think I'd be in pieces :eek:

We fly back early hours of Tues morning so will be spending the last day at DC10 and then onto Bora Bora to throw a few final moves :p At which point my b/friend will have to get me in a headlock and drag me into a taxi for the airport :p ;)

Thank god no!! I fly back to London for 10 days then back to Canada so not too bad. Hopefully have a couple nights out in London make it a bit easier...dance the blues away hehe! Dunno what to do though because i'll be by myself. Any suggestions?

I fly back Tues night so i'll run into you at DC10 on Mon...havent decided what to do Tues..prob just chill and dance at Bora Bora too 8) :D

I'm, actually flying into London this Thursday...Yippie!!!!! :p

Back