How much spending money?

ste-91

Hi all.

I'm hoping to get to ibiza in july for my 21st birthday, it will be my 1st time and only have a rough idea what to expect ( but it's a good idea lol ) .

Can anyone give me an estimate of how much spending money i would need for 7 days?

thanks.

It depends on how you plan to have your holiday. If you wanna go out raving every night then take as much as you can. Theres tons of ways you can save when your out there all over this forum. Its not about how much you take its about how good you are at holding onto it!

Copied from another thread (I can't claim any credit for the advice);

I have found taking a travel kettle, plastic beaker, plastic spoon/knife/fork, tin/can opener and a small plate invaluable for saving dosh.
So, when the euros are running out -
Lunch - half tin of new potatoes (empty into beaker, pour boiling water over, leave to stand for a minute), a few frankfurters (above process) and a sliced tomato on a plate + half baguette make a cheap half-decent meal!

Dinner, repeat process with what's left in the tins!

http://www.spotlight-forums.com/showthread.php?t=67940&highlight=shoestring

I spend about 150 euros per day when self catering, clubbing most nights. Box clever with club drinks and reduced price entry. But then I am 40 and old enough to be your dad.:)

As stated, it really depends on what you are planning on doing, as in what / how many club nights you are wanting to do etc ?

The way i did it, was roughly work out how many clubs nights i wanted to do so i knew where the main bulk of my spends would go, so:

Space, Pacha, Zoo Project, Amnesia, Pukka Up Boat Party

So said approx 300 euros for that give or take 20 / 30 euros on each.

Food and drink can be cheap, jst get big bottles of water, tank up on booze before you go out (saves on drinking in the clubs etc).

I was there 6 days and nights and did 700 euros (if i remember correctly) and borrowed 50 euros so i could do Amnesia, as yes i did get low on funds :lol:

All i can say is take as much as you can or at least make sure you can get your hands on more funds because its ALL WORTH IT 8)

Hope you have a wicked trip :D

If you but tickets in advance it will save the amount you spend every night. The 150 euro range is about right, much more if you drink haevy in the clubs.

hoping for 2 big club nights...amnesia & space preferably.

Then the rest of the week will probably be spent in the smaller clubs/bars.

Should be able to bring aprox 1000euro with me..

@ Johnny Vodka....I would chat up guys to get them to buy me drinks of i was a female, but im not lol, will try my luck at chattin up the ladies & hopefully stumble upon a generous one lol.

Any advice on cheap accomodation?

@ Johnny Vodka....I would chat up guys to get them to buy me drinks of i was a female, but im not lol, will try my luck at chattin up the ladies & hopefully stumble upon a generous one lol.

I've had a load of drinks bought for me by obliging 'new women' on occasion... you could also still go with JV's suggestion, depending on how tight the budget is - may have most luck in the Calle de la Virgen area in Ibiza Town.

Should be able to bring aprox 1000euro with me

Any advice on cheap accomadation

A grand is more than enough if you are thinkin of going to 2 big nights. Get half board or even better, all inclusive - maximise your partying funds.

San anontonio is the place for cheap accomadation - take your pick

Hi all.

I'm hoping to get to ibiza in july for my 21st birthday, it will be my 1st time and only have a rough idea what to expect ( but it's a good idea lol ) .

Can anyone give me an estimate of how much spending money i would need for 7 days?

thanks.
€100 a day easily, and thats when i got most of me club tickets over here

Should be able to bring aprox 1000euro with me

Any advice on cheap accomadation

A grand is more than enough if you are thinkin of going to 2 big nights. Get half board or even better, all inclusive - maximise your partying funds.

San antonio is the place for cheap accomadation - take your pick

Two of the girls I went away with a few years ago took 350 euros for 7 days. They did 2 club nights in that week and a boat party, an we had to pay for all meals. Aslong as you know how much you can spend then you can pretty much do Ibiza on any budget.

And ALWAYS barter in the West End. You'll be amazed how when theres a group of 4-5 they'll suddenly give you a free bottle of spirits to get through the door!

cheers, going to have a look at accomodation now, see wats available..

Really cant wait to get there :!: :D

Might bump into some of you there..:p

Back