How many Spotlighters do you think you have met IRL?

Very strong chance I will be there mate - I purchased tickets when they came on sale, but Sven is at EGG the following night now so we shall see.

Have you been to EGG before?
It wouldn't matter who was playing there I would never return....

It was ok back in the day, sometimes a few dodgy people on a Sunday morning. What's the issue with the place Rye?

Well firstly I had purchased tickets for the Elrow after party. It was 2nd release on the day still so it gave me the impression that it was going to be quiet....
I ended up joining a queue around 11pm that should of taken about 15minutes based on how many people were in front of me.... I hand on heart was still in the queue 2 hours later. By the time I was almost in this queue with people with tickets was at least 1000 people long they all didn't get in for sure.
What it showed was that they just let the club fill to capacity straight away with cash on door and used the old excuse that tickets didn't guarantee entry. Those with tickets were left as a lower priority from observations. The tickets were clearly sold out but they allowed them to be sold on the day on 2nd release where everywhere else was sold out..... Also when I got near the entrance they would clearly prioritise those paying cash or on the guest list paying cash over the line with tickets.

Secondly the rooms are not air conditioned. It is like going into a steam room and is dangerous. On the way home you stink of everyone sweat. Acceptable if you are a teenager and don't give a sh!t because you're new to it maybe.

Thirdly it was an Elrow after party but you knew Elrow where not interested... A couple of random cardboard cut outs hanging from the ceiling was as far as it went....

I just left feeling very very dissapointed with the whole ordeal I wasn't impressed at all but then I guess when you go to places like Printworks and Studio 338 then you end up having a certain standard

That aside the sound system was pretty decent and the pizza sold by the entrance was nice.

I had sobered up in the queue and was starving waiting so long I would of eaten Pizza off the floor

I always wait in line with my slice:)

NoLy6Qf.png

@Johnny Vodka (first time was random / by accidentbut good times this year) , @stivi (couple of times last year maybe again at Solomun Closing / afters?) @TheHiredGoon (we didn’t know we were both on the forum at the time) , @white_isle_calling (briefly a couple of times but he doesn't place who I am on here - it was me in Pikes the other week) , @Nobbie Q (it was brief) , @Gingersolstice (worst mistake I ever made ?) .... 6 in total ... Not bad for my short tenure of 4-5 years
Just remembered I met @Bakerman too at Zoo - lovely fella

yeah you‘re right. I did think about that later on and it must be 3 digits for sure

Nah, I think your setting the bar too high. I think if you've shaken hands and had a chat you can count them as 'met'.

:lol:

If we're including anyone who ever posted, then I count 14. Half kept in touch, the other half fled to the hills.

Zero. Disgraceful behaviour.

Unless you mean in my dreams, then @stivi and I are very well acquainted.......

(yes, this is a joke, a funny one that is ruined by it being explained, but I don't want you all to think I'm any weirder than you already do....)

Stivi without doubt is the indisputable champ here. In fact, I think he alone himself has introduced me to more Spotlighters than I've actually met myself! haha.

Just to flip this question, as an old skool forum-ite, the last Spotligher I met IRL, not including Stivi haha, were both last summer. I saw X-Amount (Dan) at Carl Cox at dc10 mid summer, the event I was running actually. Then I also saw the legendary Ferd in Bossa near the end of summer.

Back