How long til' you go?

68 for me and the family. Still not 100 percent this will happen but live in hope. Also now booked for October half term. Having something to look forward now is great. Proper missed Ibiza.

I’m the exact same mindset - prepared for the worst but hoping for the best and things do still seem to be heading in the right direction!

Hotel is POA and booked. Free outbound flight with EasyJet from a cancellation last year. Return flights looking very reasonable at £35-40 a pop! Just waiting for a little more clarification around green or amber status and how we’re looking with the new variant and I may roll the dice with locking the flights in. I had my second dose of vaccine last Wednesday so I’m fully vaccinated and ready to go! 😬

October is the exact same booking situation and I’m holding out more hope for that in the event that the summer is too soon!

September 4th for me. 4 Nights in San Antonio and doing the Kevin and Perry Night at Amnesia (if it’s open) then up to San Miguel for 3 Nights

see what happens 🤞🏻
Similar dates, still hopeful.

I just cant help thinking it is touch and go. Listening to Hancock yesterday saying you 'should not' travel to amber countries, unless with a very good reason, and 'certainly not' for a holiday.

Then there are 3 weeks between reviews, it only needs a couple of those to pass without change, and you are entering into back end of season territory.

The government are getting twitchy, personally i cant see much happening till late July at the earliest.

I hope I'm wrong, not booking flights just yet, the hotel is booked with free cancellation...

I had my second dose of vaccine last Wednesday so I’m fully vaccinated and ready to go! 😬

I noticed on my NHS App there's a new functionality where you can view or email yourself a link to download a printed vaccination status certificate from the day after you get your 2nd dose. I tested it out and the certificate has a QR code, then states your name, date of birth and dates/batch numbers with full details of vaccination doses received. I'm guessing this is intended for use by travellers ?

I noticed on my NHS App there's a new functionality where you can view or email yourself a link to download a printed vaccination status certificate from the day after you get your 2nd dose. I tested it out and the certificate has a QR code, then states your name, date of birth and dates/batch numbers with full details of vaccination doses received. I'm guessing this is intended for use by travellers ?
It's available on mine too and I've only had the one so far. Will be for travelling, yes- it says "view and share proof of your COVID-19 status for travel"

Yeah I've got the same thing on my NHS app - just need to get a semi-green light for Spain and I am offski :cool:

I'll make a decision once I've had my jabs (hopef in June when 40s get done here). then can plan from there, esp with my missus being away for a few months from August...

We have 45 days until first trip in early July ... good news is we were able to pull forward second Covid vaccine to mid June from a date that previously clashed with the trip ... still up in the air as new job starts 1st June and might not be able to get away so early in my tenure but fingers crossed ... second trip is early September so pretty confident on that one

edit: said strip not trip

Last edited:
I downloaded the vaccination status from the app earlier today (18 May) just noticed it says expires 20 June 2021 ??

I downloaded the vaccination status from the app earlier today (18 May) just noticed it says expires 20 June 2021 ??

I think it'll just be a case of doing another one after that, a bit like the consent to share driving licence information with 3rd parties form/code has a limited validity period.

I think it'll just be a case of doing another one after that, a bit like the consent to share driving licence information with 3rd parties form/code has a limited validity period.
I guess so, I'll do it again at some point, it's not like there's a mad rush! See how it goes....

Back