How long til' you go?

You got flights/accom booked? If so, just do it. I nearly cancelled last year and was so glad in the end I didn't. I would have been kicking myself sitting at home if I'd gone through with cancellation. Got to be other spotlighters out there at the same time you can hook up with...

Ive got nothing booked, just the holidays from work. Its that Harvey night thats the real pull and I fancy going to the new Pacha for Solomuns too. So only going a Sunday for three nights.

Ive got some money set by (about half what I need), but eldest is costing us more that 6k a year and thats just living costs.
Jump on the Pirate ship in Oct

I had to fight really hard ro get the leave so Id look shit if I cancel, plus dont know if Oct any better for staffing at work?

Last edited:
I had to fight really hard ro get the leave so Id look shit if I cancel, plus dont know if Oct any better for staffing at work?

Change of circumstances - You won't look shit if it is something you don't tend to do, cancel leave. Besides by the sounds of if the company would prefer you be in working.

just over 2 weeks to go until possibly the strangest 3-in-1 holiday I've yet done. we're actually covering Granada, Ibiza and Umbria in the space of 12 days without any real idea of the cost to our funds (or relationship..) and this is all whilst we're supposed to be moving flat! 4 flights, 2 buses, 1 hire car, 6 trains, 3 hotels and a rave bus are all scheduled at various points. Mostly looking fwd to catching up with old friends from around Europe and getting high and switching off for the first time in months.

just over 2 weeks to go until possibly the strangest 3-in-1 holiday I've yet done. we're actually covering Granada, Ibiza and Umbria in the space of 12 days without any real idea of the cost to our funds (or relationship..) and this is all whilst we're supposed to be moving flat! 4 flights, 2 buses, 1 hire car, 6 trains, 3 hotels and a rave bus are all scheduled at various points. Mostly looking fwd to catching up with old friends from around Europe and getting high and switching off for the first time in months.

Sounds awesome. I think I might love Granada as much as Ibiza.

I signed up for the italy weekend but my mrs put me off saying it might be like Jamie Oliver and friends raving retreat..:lol:

first time in the actual town itself as we only did the alhambra last time - any decent bar/food tips welcome!

Just walk around and enjoy! It doesn't seem that massive a place, but there's loads of side streets and it's easy to feel lost. You'll be aware it's free tapas with every drink everywhere you go? As long as you're happy eating whatever you're served randomly, that should fill you up and you'll feel like you've had some authentic grub. In my two visits to Granada (so far), I think I've only bought a meal twice. As for music, you might come across flamenco (we paid to get into a show last time) and we found a small club with a DJ/electronic music. I think there's a student area to town, but I didn't come across it - I'm probably too old for mixing with students anyway.

yeah there's a lovely bar in the Sants barrio here called El Capritxo who give you free fish on Sundays when you get a drink! (salty sardines that have you rushing back to the bar!) alas, we won't have a lot of time in Granada but will report back. we're heading down to la herradura to see some pals and then flying malaga to ibz on the 31st. not sure how many malagueños holiday in IBZ but I'm sure there will be a good vibe on board!

Going away for 3nts next week with the family to a hotel in Co Wicklow..great swimming pool,archery,clay pigeon shooting get this you can get a picture printed on the disk..:confused: kids back to school then week later.
Weekend in cork then in September for the brilliant Nick Mulvey..this lad sure can play the guitar
Ibiza then end of October:cool: that's me done till Christmas

Last edited:
Back