How long a holiday is good?

B

Beth

HELLO,
I'm new on here. My friend and I are planning a trip to Ibiza for either July or August. We're both 18 years old and are wondering how long is a good ammount of time to go? I was thinking maybe two weeks. We're really interested mainly in the whole dancing clubbing partying non stop business and having a lot of beach time. Do you think that's a long enough time? Any suggestions? Also, I was wondering if Ibiza is all techno?? There's got to be some other clubs with punk/ska/alternative/r&b/other music stuff, right? I"m into the whole techno stuff, but a change would be good too i think. And someone tell me, EXACTLY HOW MUCH am I going to love Ibiza? THANX!! :)

Hi,

2 to 3 weeks is probably about right for a first time visit. Cos if you do not like it then you are stuck in a place that you do not like....

As regarding ibiza is all techno...hardly, there is probably only one techno night COCCOON@AMNESIA!!! the mojority is house, and trance nights, however in san an garage, drum and bass, and old skool is on the increase.........

non of the big clubs play the stuff that you mentioned, you may have to venture into the dreaded west end...

(Gosh, it's busy on here!)

I'd say two weeks definitly. By the end of two your money will have run out and you'll probably have abused your body to breaking point. Two weeks allows you to find a good balance between clubbing/going out, tourist things (Ibiza is stunning), lazing around on the beach and whatever else. Basically with one week you feel as though you're rushing everything and don't fully appreciate the chilled nature of it all.

Hey!

I would suggest two weeks. I did two weekes last time and it was great. Plenty of time to party and see the island. One thing though is don't party every night. If you do that then you will get tired and not get the full experience of Ibiza. Rent a car to go see the other parts of the island and to experience the land, sea, people and culture as well. The partying is amazing (WORLD CLASS), but the island is an experience in itself. You don't have to listen to me though. I am a few years older then 18, so I can't keep up with you young lot anymore. Hee! Hee! :lol: Just remeber to take the WHOLE (not just partying) Ibiza experience in! It will change your life and make your outlook towards it even brighter! :D

your going to love it in Ibiza. Two weeks will be plenty of time to check out everything. I was there for only two days last year and was destroyed. But thats because i was clubbing for 36 hours non-stop. Thats the thing about ibiza. you just can go dancing when ever you want. I got the bug and am going back this July.
Angel Moraes played in Dublin last year and was great. he said he had a club in Montreal called stereo , maybe you know it ?

:D

Your music is played in San an. I prsonally wouldn't go there. Ibiza is not only about "techno music" it has everything you want in good life and this includes good music. If you go on August then you must stay for 2 weeks.
Love it?
you're gonna adore it ;)

moudire said:
Your music is played in San an. I prsonally wouldn't go there. Ibiza is not only about "techno music" it has everything you want in good life and this includes good music. If you go on August then you must stay for 2 weeks.
Love it?
you're gonna adore it ;)

why is it you wouldnt stay in san an?

Hi Beth,
why is it you wouldnt stay in san an?
I went twice to Ibiza and I never liked San an. Why?
Because it's full of loud drunk people throwing empty beer bottles in the air and singing "Hey baby"(my last trip was in 2001, this song was really popular), stupid song :evil: .
The scene you would expect more in Greece (Faliraki or Rhodes).
However, if you book in a hotel in San an (a bit cheaper accomodation), doesn't mean that you'll stick to it. Explore the white Isle, it's small and yet full of surprises.
Take it from a french, we know what good life is all about 8)

i think that an injustice has been done to san an. it is far from 'full' of any one type of person. san an has something for everybody and is big enough to 'avoid' the bits you don't want to see. i rarely visit the west end or the equally tacky sunset strip - but there are still many other things for me to do in s.a. thats why i live here.
great restaurants, bars, entertainment,sports, trips out, transport links, everything in fact for a great holiday whether you're french english dutch or from the united states of whatever.

moudire said:
I never liked San an. Why? Because it's full of loud drunk people throwing empty beer bottles in the air and singing

i am getting bored with all the anti-san antonio messages!! :evil:

as stephen said - there are lots of things to do in san antonio and visiting the west end is just one of them :!: :!:

Sant.jpg

i think the point is robo that people like to criticise the WHOLE of san antonio because one small area is not to their liking. it is a blinkered attitude which tars san antonio with a bad image it simply does not deserve. i meet many people on holiday here for the first time who were reluctant to come because of all they had heard either on tv, the tabloid press, or boards like this, yet were having the time of their lives. and let's face it most of the criticism i have read on this board comes from so called sophisticated clubbers who for some reason think that swaying about after loads of beer isn't qite so cool as swaying about after loads of drugs!

i just noticed that the news team had put this up

http://www.ibiza-spotlight.com/net-news/san_antonio_030116_i.htm

i went to the benediction of the animals and took my dog. the bishop of ibiza doused her with holy water and the thousands of people who were there had a great time. san an is a great place - and next week we have the fiesta of santa ines to look forward to........
you really don't know what you're missing!

i wonder why someone who isn´t into house and trance (but into r&b, punk etc.) plans to go to ibiza...i mean, if you don´t like the music which is mainly played in ibiza, there are other (maybe not that expensive)locations, islands or places in the world where you can spend your holidays.

anyway, maybe you´ll like the experience of ibiza as a whole, instead of the music ;)

when i have visited ibiza in the 'off-season' san an is a beautiful, quite town.

The sunset strip is surely one of the most beautiful places on ibiza......

its just some things that bring san an down

as usual I come late!
I gave my opinion about San an because Beth asked me to. This is what i think of this part of Ibiza. San an sucks!
Stephen said:
" comes from so called sophisticated clubbers who for some reason think that swaying about after loads of beer isn't qite so cool as swaying about after loads of drugs!"
I personnaly prefer beer on drugs, but if this is how you want to classify me for not liking san an, then what the hell. :D

Peddy said:
i wonder why someone who isn´t into house and trance (but into r&b, punk etc.) plans to go to ibiza...i mean, if you don´t like the music which is mainly played in ibiza, there are other (maybe not that expensive)locations, islands or places in the world where you can spend your holidays.

anyway, maybe you´ll like the experience of ibiza as a whole, instead of the music ;)

the reason i'm going is because i was asked by my friend, who's into the whole thing...also, it's not that i don't like the kinds of music ibiza plays. i definately like every single kind of music, i'm jus thinking of a variety from time to time. also, i hear nothing but good things about how beautiful the place is and what an amazing experience it is. so why not try it?

well, i hear different things about the place now and i'm getting interested in finding out for myself. so i think i'll give it a try and see what san an is like. maybe i'll like it, maybe i won't , but what's hte harm in checkin it out? also, how far of a drive is it to san an from....from....places??!! i don't even know where i want to stay in ibiza.

the island is so small that no place really has any geographical advantage as regards distance from 'places'

Back