How long a holiday is good?

I am really suprised by the number of people who 'diss' San Antonio :!: I have been to Ibiza twice and stayed in San Antonio twice (once San Antonio Bay). I couldn't afford to go to Pacha, Privelage, Space etc every night so one in three nights we would go out in San Antonio.

Me and my mates are not to be associated with the minority who go there to cause trouble (or for that fact go round singing 'HEY BABY, OHH AHH!') - as that would just make us look complete and utter t!ts! But we like to have a few drinks and visit all the west end bars and clubs and listen to the different music in each club. Most nights we would go to a big club and just dance and get trolleyed, but being lads occasionally we might fancy our chances on the pull...and there isn't anywhere to pull on Ibiza like the West End. ;)

Also where in a superclub would you get 4 bottles of bud, a whole bottle of peach schnaps and some horrible shot for around 10euros :?: You would be lucky to get 2 bottles of water for that much in Manumission :eek:

So from my point of view, I would say, Yes the superclubs are where you wanna go, but it's worth giving the West End a go - I'll be going there this year, I kinda wouldn't feel like I've been to ibiza if I didn't visit some of the West End Bars&Clubs.

(but don't get me wrong - i'll be on the terrace in Space and under the air shoot in Amnesia, but I just think the West End really isn't that bad as people make out - I think it's alright) :p

all of our assumptions are made form our own experiences....so for new people who wont to know what it is like, i say go with an open mind and then make your own assumption of it, not anyone else perception....

JoeDrawb said:
Also where in a superclub would you get 4 bottles of bud, a whole bottle of peach schnaps and some horrible shot for around 10euros :?: You would be lucky to get 2 bottles of water for that much in Manumission :eek:

So from my point of view, I would say, Yes the superclubs are where you wanna go, but it's worth giving the West End a go - I'll be going there this year, I kinda wouldn't feel like I've been to ibiza if I didn't visit some of the West End Bars&Clubs.

I've been to Ibiza 9 times and I am pleased to say I have never set foot in a bar in the West End, it is bad enough just having to walk by it to Mambos or Coastline and the fact that the police are normally situated at the bottom taking some toe-rag away speaks volumes to me :rolleyes:

I'd much rather pay 10 euros for a glass of wine and be in Pacha, rather than whatever cocktail of piss they can give me in the West End for 10 euros :p

I totally agree with you. I could see why some people would hate it, and I could understand if some people (mainly possibly females) were a little intimidated by some of the idiots that are there (and yes, there are some) but there is everywhere.

Going on a night out with the lads in the West End reminds me slightly of going out with the lads in Blackpool, which I have done many times and have many good laughs along the way. No, it's not for the hardcore clubber who wants to see the Best DJ's and go to the best places, but if you're like me and run out of money easily, it is worth thinking about a cheap night out in the West End.

Dunno quite how u can compare San Ant to Blackpool :arrow: , not in terms of scenery, but in terms of all the little bars and small clubs and the mad atmosphere.

Agree with Robo though, just go there and check it out. :lol:

JoeDrawb said:
Going on a night out with the lads in the West End reminds me slightly of going out with the lads in Blackpool

Dunno quite how u can compare San Ant to Blackpool :arrow: , not in terms of scenery, but in terms of all the little bars and small clubs and the mad atmosphere.

LOL, I rest my case............the West End = Blackpool on the med :lol: ;)

Well Barbie you are certainly making the most of my comments :!:

I agree San Antonio is Blackpool on the Med, I never said it wasn't. That's why I like it. It's a different perspective to Ibiza. If I had the cash to spend 10 euros on a glass of wine in Pacha every night then no doubt I would!!!

I wouldn't say The West End is Absolutely Fab, but it's good when ur short on cash - thats all.

You can hardly say how bad it is if you have never even been there though!! Then again, if you went now, you would probably hate it because you obviously have strong feelings against it, which is fair enough.

Anyway it's not always about where you are, but who you are with. I would have a good night if I went out with my mates in Skegness :eek: so going to the West End with my mates and having a laugh is no problem! (I live in Wales - it's not my fault!) :oops:

JoeDrawb said:
Well Barbie you are certainly making the most of my comments :!:

I agree San Antonio is Blackpool on the Med, I never said it wasn't. That's why I like it. It's a different perspective to Ibiza. If I had the cash to spend 10 euros on a glass of wine in Pacha every night then no doubt I would!!!

I wouldn't say The West End is Absolutely Fab, but it's good when ur short on cash - thats all.

You can hardly say how bad it is if you have never even been there though!! Then again, if you went now, you would probably hate it because you obviously have strong feelings against it, which is fair enough.

Anyway it's not always about where you are, but who you are with. I would have a good night if I went out with my mates in Skegness :eek: so going to the West End with my mates and having a laugh is no problem! (I live in Wales - it's not my fault!) :oops:

If you read what I wrote, I said I have been unfortunate enough to walk thru it and that was quite enough for me. I can have a good night in most places but I do draw the line at some places and that includes the West End.

Just ignore me I'm only stirring things up on a bored Monday afternoon at work :p ;)

same here barbie :!: ....40 minutes till home time :!: :!: how long have u got left to work??

btw, you said you walked 'by' it, not 'through' it :p that's why I said about not having been there! I agree with u walking through it on the way to Manbos or Coastline is a nightmare.

JoeDrawb said:
same here barbie :!: ....40 minutes till home time :!: :!: how long have u got left to work??

btw, you said you walked 'by' it, not 'through' it :p that's why I said about not having been there! I agree with u walking through it on the way to Manbos or Coastline is a nightmare.

I have had to walk thru it a few times cos we wanted to go to the record shop on the corner, still haven't recovered from the experience :p ;)

40 mins and counting til I'm out of this hole, but I'm a happy little chick today cos it's my birthday tomorrow!!!

Two weeks should be perfect for your first trip. I'd recommend carefully choosing where you stay because each area has a different vibe and if you're they're for 2-weeks you want to feel comfortable.

With 2-weeks you're not pressed to go partying every night -- which means you're less likely to crash and burn. You'll have more time to explore the Island and absorb the Ibiza atmosphere.

what lets down Ibiza Town in my opinion is the lack of any decent hotels. They all seem to be famuly orientated compared to the more "clubbing" friendly hotels of San An.

A shame because I do actually prefer the town and aim to stay there every time I visit, however I have yet to have located good reasonably priced accomodation, that offers space, comfort and a clubbing friendly attitude, ie: 24-hour bar, big rooms, mp3 players, etc...

no i disagree venom.....the hotels in san an i think are more aimed at younger teenagers, who go with tour operators like 18-30 and freestyles, whereas i do believe that the hostals in ibiza are clubbing orientated....thats if you can afford to stay in them....hehehehe!!

good luck tying to find anywhere that has technology like mp3 players!!!

Robo said:
good luck tying to find anywhere that has technology like mp3 players!!!

We had an mp3 player in the Bahia...........didn't know how the fook to use it tho so had to use the trusted old CD player :p

why should any hotel promote itself as clubbing friendly when clubbers only come here for 10 weeks a year whereas ordinary people come here for about 30?
economics i think.
you must remember that despite its reputation as clubbin' island only about 20 % of visitors are interested in this aspect - the other 80% come for all the other things the island offers, scenery beaches excursions sports facilities entertainment etc etc etc and like myself the last thing required is an mp3 player and a 24 hour bar.

stephen said:
why should any hotel promote itself as clubbing friendly when clubbers only come here for 10 weeks a year whereas ordinary people come here for about 30?
economics i think.
you must remember that despite its reputation as clubbin' island only about 20 % of visitors are interested in this aspect - the other 80% come for all the other things the island offers, scenery beaches excursions sports facilities entertainment etc etc etc and like myself the last thing required is an mp3 player and a 24 hour bar.

Stephen out of interest how old are you, sometimes you sound like my dad LOL! Only joking :p ;)

Back