+++ how are the drink prices this year? 2009 +++

Status
Not open for further replies.

MR.B

http://www.inthemix.com.au/news/intl/42530/Judgement_Sundays_announce_booze_bargains_for_Ibiz%20a_in_2009
https://owa.rl.ac.uk/exchweb/bin/re...ays_announce_booze_bargains_for_Ibiza_in_2009
Judge Jules chatted to Skrufff last week about his upcoming tenth season of Judgement Sunday parties in Ibiza, revealing he’s taking significant steps to help cash strapped clubbers. “The core of what we’re doing this year is broadly the same, but after discussion, the club have agreed to reduce drinks prices across the board by 25%,” Jules explained. “Which is very important to the UK market in particular, which has seen the pound’s value against the euro diminish considerably over the last two years. This will bring drinks prices at Judgement Sunday in line with the more expensive clubbing cities in the UK,” said Jules.

for the whole of 2009, cream will be doing a drinks promotion from 11-1am, when the prices will be comparable to bars rather clubs.

for the whole of 2009, cream will be doing a drinks promotion from 11-1am, when the prices will be comparable to bars rather clubs.

Good idea, and most should follow suit. Though obviously this is a marketing ploy to get people in the club earlier. Shame they all cant do it for the duration.

Though obviously this is a marketing ploy to get people in the club earlier. Shame they all cant do it for the duration.
I'm not so sure it will make much difference.

For people who normally like to go to the club at 1 or 2, they'll be getting those same bar-type drink prices at... the bar! It doesn't really serve as an incentive to go earlier.

I suppose it could serve as encouragement on the really busy nights, though... if people want to avoid the 2am queues at the door by going earlier and drinking in the club.

They should have done this before - it would have at least made the clubs a bit busier early on, and gave people an incentive to get down there early instead of hanging back till 2am.

I'm not so sure it will make much difference.

For people who normally like to go to the club at 1 or 2, they'll be getting those same bar-type drink prices at... the bar! It doesn't really serve as an incentive to go earlier.

I suppose it could serve as encouragement on the really busy nights, though... if people want to avoid the 2am queues at the door by going earlier and drinking in the club.

you're looking at it the wrong way.

most cream punters stay away in the bars because the club is more expensive. if the bars all of a sudden aren't cheaper, there is no incentive to stay there.

add to that the listings are 'fuller' this year, meaning the night will start, in the sense of when it gets going, earlier.

you're looking at it the wrong way.

most cream punters stay away in the bars because the club is more expensive. if the bars all of a sudden aren't cheaper, there is no incentive to stay there.
No, not necessarily wrong... I'm just looking at it from the point of view of someone who isn't used to going to clubs until 1 or 2am. If the drinks are cheaper in the club 11pm-1am, it's not necessarily going to change my habits. I'll be getting the same cheaper drinks in the pre-party bar where I would normally go.
add to that the listings are 'fuller' this year, meaning the night will start, in the sense of when it gets going, earlier.
Now That, combined with the cheaper drinks, is your real incentive...

That's the way I treat every club night in Ibiza. If I went into a club at 11pm - 12am like I do back here there would be no way I could stay until the end. If the drinks are say the same price as Bar M for example, then going clubbing early wouldn't be an issue - you'd spend the same amount on booze anyway!

Exactly, I think its there it will make the real difference. If I know its going to get rammed, i like to get there a little earlier to get a good spot.

They should have done this before - it would have at least made the clubs a bit busier early on, and gave people an incentive to get down there early instead of hanging back till 2am.

Do they still offer cheaper entrance before a certain time like the good ol' days ?? :confused: If not, why not bring this back 8)

Last edited by a moderator:
Do they still offer cheaper entrance before a certain time like the good ol' days ?? :confused: If not, why not bring this back 8)

Cream and Judgement Sundays don't. From what iv'e seen advertised and the tickets that PR reps tried to sell me - they were always 50 Euro.

People From Ibiza is free before 2.30am:!:
Cocoon offers reduced tickets with some of its flyers on entrance before a certain time...

that's slightly different tho as people is not a party many ever pay to get into, unlike we love or carl cox.

cocoon don't enforce the flyer time limit thing either.

The only problem with that is the discount is off the door tax, so you end up paying the same as you would for a ticket anyway.

exactly, so it's not really a discount, to do with going early, in the same way the space promotions are.

If Eden's your thing......and you like a drink or five

Inside Out Ibiza

Monday 15th June – 14th September 2009
Eden, San Antonio, Ibiza.
12am – 6am

€50 ticket, allows access to all areas of the club & FREE drinks all night

DJ’s
Residents: Nathan Viva & Alex Ellenger
Guest DJ’s: Hoxton Whores, Oliver Lang, Phil Drummond, Paul Jackson, Andy Farley, Stafford Brothers (Austrailia's Number 1 DJs), Alex Miles (Bora Bora), Fran Cosgrave, Kid Massive and many, many more

Fran Cosgrave tho..... :eek:

Inside Out Ibiza

€50 ticket, allows access to all areas of the club & FREE drinks all night

Fran Cosgrave tho..... :eek:

For real? guess it'd be like 'free txts' and be subject to a fair usage policy.. 50e worth of drink would only wet the lips of some ppl I know.. Gutted that the 15th is my last day out there :cry: Still... Maybe this is a sign of things to come this year what with a tougher market to draw in? free drinks all night in Ibiza.. Is this even heard of?

Not doubting you but do you mind me asking where you got this info?

Last edited by a moderator:
yep, for real: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=75671334019

"The party is open to all in the main room, but those that choose to go all out & buy a €50 ticket can access all areas; including the back room with the free bar that flows the entire night, drink what you want, when you want, how you want it! This is the newest & most ground-breaking idea to be brought to this beat loving Island in a long time."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back