Hotel discussion thread [2020/2021/2022]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I booked september cala llonga ibiza with jet2
Apartment for me and brother inc. breakfast And flight.monday to friday.
El pinar apartments.
£1400
Its expensive
Did you look at other nearby dates? (if possible for you) sometimes it can vary greatly. I suppose if you've already booked there would be a charge for a change? (not familiar with jet2) might be worth a look though......

I'm quite excited about Porto. I've only hear good things about it, and I enjoyed Lisbon (over a decade ago!).
Lovely little city. We did do one tourist thing- tuk tuk tour (excellent), boat trip (goo way to while away an hour) and (not v good, but booze) port tasting from this shop (who I assume are just an agent for the companies that do the individual bit):
https://maps.app.goo.gl/ZBhEvnR77gfQgBKc7?g_st=ic It was something stupid like 25€ each and definitely worth it

Anyway, shout if you want any more ideas, I’ll stop clogging up the forums with Porto chat

Did you look at other nearby dates? (if possible for you) sometimes it can vary greatly. I suppose if you've already booked there would be a charge for a change? (not familiar with jet2) might be worth a look though......
You know what don your probly right.
I just had my mind set on 5 september then booked it..i should have took moore time booking.im a rookie holiday booker.

So i booked an apartment at el pinar apartments..
Then realised there wasent a seperate bedroom.
So i upgraded to superior room..then realised this was just a glass divider..
So to get a seperate bedroom youve goto pay top banana..
So i had to upgrade to top upgrade..
In the mean time the price goes up and up.
Then ive got jet2.more cash.
Guarantee cabin luggage fee..
Insurance
Reserve seat fee..
It all builds up cash wise..
And before i know it im in for nearly 1500 for 5 days..

Staying at the El Pinar in Cala Llonga in July. Anyone stayed at the Hotel? Also does Cala Llonga have Boats that can connect you with other parts of the Island?

Last edited:
Staying at the El Pinar in Cala Llonga in July. Anyone stayed at the Hotel? Also does Cala Llonga have Boats that can connect you with other parts of the Island?
Very interesting for me , too

Parking possible ? Breakfast ok ?

Its close enough to Eivissa or Salinas. Think 15 or 20 min not more. And much cheaper than PdB.

Wanted four nights mid-May, cheapest was the Maritimo, wanted nearly £300 for a single room with no view. May. Cheapest. Think the hotels are expecting millions to turn up this year becase we're all loaded as our power bills have cost nowt and we've £££'s left over or something??

Wanted four nights mid-May, cheapest was the Maritimo, wanted nearly £300 for a single room with no view. May. Cheapest. Think the hotels are expecting millions to turn up this year becase we're all loaded as our power bills have cost nowt and we've £££'s left over or something??

Something's got to give. I know it's not the best time to look but we are looking for a package deal in late July and we only have a specific window we can go due to pre-booked work holidays. The cheapest hotels in San An are £1000pp. It's almost double what it was last year. And this was the year we wanted to try Eivissa or Figueretas, no chance of that now. Seriously considering elsewhere this year which would have previously been unthinkable :(

I don't know about Ibiza but other Spanish destinations and various airlines tried this price gouge game last January as well.

If you have the bottle and a bit of flexibility on dates, I would hold on. Price comparison to 2019 vs 2023 for 7 nights in June:

THB Naeco - 1,060 vs 1,333 GBP
Ocean Beach - 1,452 vs 1,927 GBP
Mare Nostrum - 1,005 vs 1,271 GBP.

So, uplift is about 30%. It's not horrific but its not exactly January holiday bargain territory either.

Meanwhile for comparison outside of Ibiza (2018 vs 2023)

Melia Puerto Banus - 1,844 vs 1851 GBP.
5 Star Hotel In Tenerife (I go alot) - 1,222 vs 1,039 GBP.

Last edited:
Guyz, u must be loaded with those prices.
for 7 night i never pay more than 350€ and its for 2 people ,san an (aricon free wifi fridge)
Some spotlight mate just booked same hotel as us :cool: for short ibz openings, so 1-2 spare seats in the car

Yes. Great little hotel and an ideal base for exploring. Plus just 20-25 mins on the bus to Ibiza Town. Boats run daily to other destinations & Formentera from just across the bay. Parking is available. It used to be free but it's now €5 per day. Space is limited. But there is a free public car park down by the beach and some off road options behind the hotel. Enjoy.

Yes. Great little hotel and an ideal base for exploring. Plus just 20-25 mins on the bus to Ibiza Town. Boats run daily to other destinations & Formentera from just across the bay. Parking is available. It used to be free but it's now €5 per day. Space is limited. But there is a free public car park down by the beach and some off road options behind the hotel. Enjoy.
The Bus Station is close ?

I don't know about Ibiza but other Spanish destinations and various airlines tried this price gouge game last January as well.

If you have the bottle and a bit of flexibility on dates, I would hold on. Price comparison to 2019 vs 2023 for 7 nights in June:

THB Naeco - 1,060 vs 1,333 GBP
Ocean Beach - 1,452 vs 1,927 GBP
Mare Nostrum - 1,005 vs 1,271 GBP.

So, uplift is about 30%. It's not horrific but its not exactly January holiday bargain territory either.

Meanwhile for comparison outside of Ibiza (2018 vs 2023)

Melia Puerto Banus - 1,844 vs 1851 GBP.
5 Star Hotel In Tenerife (I go alot) - 1,222 vs 1,039 GBP.
Sure have! I'm lucky to be retired so can wait until the day before a flight, but unfortunately those working and thse with kids can't do that. I think they are trying to screw us at a time people traditionally book their summer hols. Hope it falls flat, but the ridiculous thing is booking.com show "just one room left" which is to trigger you to buying it at the increased rate. Effoff, firstly I bet thta "one room left" is a total lie - the hotel is probably half empty, and it can stay "one room left" at those prices.

Must add that the prices of flights appears to have come down, looked for MAN/IBZ and can do the return for under £200 including cabin bag and seat with legroom, negating a little the cost of the rooms. But hey, I want 6 - 7 nights for £300 in a cheap hotel off-peak, not three or four!

Sure have! I'm lucky to be retired so can wait until the day before a flight, but unfortunately those working and thse with kids can't do that. I think they are trying to screw us at a time people traditionally book their summer hols. Hope it falls flat, but the ridiculous thing is booking.com show "just one room left" which is to trigger you to buying it at the increased rate. Effoff, firstly I bet thta "one room left" is a total lie - the hotel is probably half empty, and it can stay "one room left" at those prices.

Must add that the prices of flights appears to have come down, looked for MAN/IBZ and can do the return for under £200 including cabin bag and seat with legroom, negating a little the cost of the rooms. But hey, I want 6 - 7 nights for £300 in a cheap hotel off-peak, not three or four!
Seat with legroom? You flash bugger! Slum it in the middle seat of row 24 with the rest of us!

The Bus Station is close ?

Yes very close. A 2 minute walk. The stop is opposite Restaurante SOS, beside the tourist kiosk. But last year some drivers were only picking up at the stop next to Ses Veles / La Vela on the Ctra. Cala Llonga road.

Seat with legroom? You flash bugger! Slum it in the middle seat of row 24 with the rest of us!
Bugger off!!! Middle row? Rather stand on the wing!!! TBH I don't care about the row, just want to make sure I can get my cabin bag on as I don't take/need hold luggage, so it's with me when I get off. Means paying a premium (on Ryanair anyway) so might as well have somewhere to park my legs. And I can chat up the steward. *gets me nowhere but hey....*

Oh, and all the parties/drunks/shouters/swearers/stag do's/hen do's/rugby tours are behind me out of the way!! Put the phones on and vocal trance the flight away.

Yes very close. A 2 minute walk. The stop is opposite Restaurante SOS, beside the tourist kiosk. But last year some drivers were only picking up at the stop next to Ses Veles / La Vela on the Ctra. Cala Llonga road.
As I understand, the former Bus station at the beach is now exclusively reserved for Ambulances.
Ses Veles/La Vela is only about 100m down the road

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back