Hotel discussion thread [2020/2021/2022]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Id like to know exactley where these 2 hotels are.
Im staying at el pinar apartments in september. And am just curious.
I was in cala llonga not last september but september before and dident see any signs of construction.

Id like to know exactley where these 2 hotels are.
Im staying at el pinar apartments in september. And am just curious.
I was in cala llonga not last september but september before and dident see any signs of construction.

Hence my point about the two existing hotels being renovated.

Is this the refurbishment of the 2 Cala Llonga Resort hotels? I mean if the Mondrian are moving in that’s next level Miami/LA style take over of Cala Llonga.

I thought Hilton were refurbishing the former Sirenis resort? Work had begun in the summer internally and also repairing rendering mainly. These plans sound very similar to the Hilton news (incl chiringuito style beach bar etc) and the room count too as the Sirenis had 650+ rooms. Have this group taken it on now and are splitting the layout into two hotels?

Maybe the property is still owned by ADH Hotels and they just switched from Hilton to Accor.

Basically it has been always two hotels under two different names and only over the last years they were marketed under one name.
Seen from the beach, the left was the Imperial with around 420 rooms and on the right the Dorada with about 260 rooms
If I take an educated guess, the Hyde will be the former Playa Imperial and the Mondrian the former Playa Dorada.

Sounds about right. I’m guessing with it being split now from the original plans, one may potentially be adults only like the Palladium across the bay. As a curmudgeonly island veteran and lover of Llonga, it will be my duty to roll my eyes at it on the way to the Spar every morning.

Maybe the property is still owned by ADH Hotels and they just switched from Hilton to Accor.

Basically it has been always two hotels under two different names and only over the last years they were marketed under one name.
Seen from the beach, the left was the Imperial with around 420 rooms and on the right the Dorada with about 260 rooms
If I take an educated guess, the Hyde will be the former Playa Imperial and the Mondrian the former Playa Dorada.
Does anyone know when these will two hotels will be offered to the public & by whom. There is certainly no mention of them by the main tour operators in their 2023 brochures

Last edited:
Both brands belong to the premium section of Accor Group.
Hyde is said to be open to the public in June 2023

I was in cala llonga 2 years ago for a week.
Really nice and relaxing.beach was great.it was a really nice calm place.
I hope they dont ruin it by bringing in the posers and loud music and glow sticks.

Im booked up for september ill find out i soppose.

I bet these hotels will cost an absolute bomb.££
A money machine.

I was in cala llonga 2 years ago for a week.
Really nice and relaxing.beach was great.it was a really nice calm place.
I hope they dont ruin it by bringing in the posers and loud music and glow sticks.

Im booked up for september ill find out i soppose.

I bet these hotels will cost an absolute bomb.££
A money machine.

The large sheltered beach is perfect for family's and I really hope another 'beach club' doesnt turn up and force people who just want to lay on a towel to the fringes.

Ibiza has got to be really careful about putting all its Eggs in the VIP basket, these people are the most fickle clientele, if someone influential decides Ibiza is out of fashion they'll all depart sharpish.

From what ive read..
nightlife and music venues.poolside DJ.
international DJ sets.
secret concerts and DJ sets.

chiringuito-style beach club

Sound loud to me.
I might take some waterproof earplugs with me.

Im imagining something like in the photo.

I just hope theres enough room for the poor people like me and my beach towel on the beach.
CC184965-3544-44B5-9015-DA69B57AF3B2.jpeg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back