Hotel discussion thread [2020/2021/2022]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feeling the same, gets to a point where you can have 2 or 3 holidays elsewhere for a cost of an Ibiza trip.

January does see a boom in booking though as people are miserable being back at work! So fingers crossed some prices reduce once the rush has gone.

I suppose I could be more flexible, but I like a room in Ibiza town/fig/pdb area with a balcony. The price of a cell this year is what a place with a balcony cost last year, and the price of a place with a balcony... It's not that I can't afford it, more that I have serious concerns around value for money (although admittedly there is only one Ibiza :lol: ).

Off to Porto in June for < £600 (flight + hotel) and have started pricing Ibiza alternatives for later in the year. Hopefully it's not the end of Ibiza for me - maybe there's a cheaper time of year to go that I can be content with.

Last edited:
I suppose I could be more flexible, but I like a room in Ibiza town/fig/pdb area with a balcony. The price of a cell this year is what a place with a balcony cost last year, and the price of a place with a balcony... It's not that I can't afford it, more that I have serious concerns around value for money (although admittedly there is only one Ibiza :lol: ).

Off to Porto in June for < £600 (flight + hotel) and have started pricing Ibiza alternatives for later in the year. Hopefully it's not the end of Ibiza for me - maybe there's a cheaper time of year to go that I can be content with.
I really liked Porto last year. Recommendation of a small, tucked away bar for you: https://goo.gl/maps/6XKh1rP3e2CxhXJA7 Lovely terrace, nice G&T and properly off the tourist trail

We have similar tastes :) drinks on the balcony before heading out is a must for me

Last edited:
Feeling the same, gets to a point where you can have 2 or 3 holidays elsewhere for a cost of an Ibiza trip.

January does see a boom in booking though as people are miserable being back at work! So fingers crossed some prices reduce once the rush has gone.
This is exactly what we do now we're with a kid. We stick to the mainland and for a typical sun,sea,sand holiday with the little feller happy in a pool and a few drinks for us at night time its a lot better value. We're not in a position to enjoy the nightlife (Ibizas USP?) really. We have been to Ibiza with him when he was only 1 and we'll be back. But not regularly unfortunately , as it stands.

I'm guessing it just feels a bit more autumnal :?:- bit colder, shorter days, places starting to close? Although I have read good things about October on here...

The only differences I find is sunset is of course earlier (7pm to 7:30pm) so that alters the nightout timings a bit but it only really starts to get cold after about 9pm and even then its still fine to walk about its just drinking/eating outside that gets cold.

I booked september cala llonga ibiza with jet2
Apartment for me and brother inc. breakfast And flight.monday to friday.
El pinar apartments.
£1400
Its expensive

Really expensive
1week sep cost me half

105€ Plane
300 hotel (182€ if i can find roomate)
70€ btrakfast

for my 24 days along closing, glad ive made the refundable booking on dec 1rst , as it already rise by 288€ , pricer with booking.com a 432€ saver

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back